Can you smell it? The NFL season is upon us. Yeah baby!

Well, I wouldn't say he's a full blown idiot. Afterall, he DID make the Raiders one of the best football teams ever. His main problem is that everything he says is so blatantly obvious.

"In the NFL, you usually play with a football."

For me, Madden symbolizes football and he's one of the all time greats. Very few people have made as much of a contribution to football as he did. I could never diss him. But I can see why others would.

On a funnier note, here are the 4 best Madden qoutes IMO:
"Bang" "Boom" "Pow" " . . . and that's what football is all about"

Simply brilliant!

Maverick said:
The season starts tomorrow. Are you excited, 'cause I am. Football is my absolute #1 sport.

Superbowl Pick:
Colts over Falcons

Surprise team that turns out to be good:
Cardinals or Texans

Surprise team that turns out to be bad:
As much as it pains me to say it, the Steelers. To many injuries, and Roethlisberger will play like a rookie.

Talk about predictions that went wrong.

It was a reasonable prediction. Nobody was expecting Parker to be fast enough to limit Bettis, and the sophomore curse is a constant plague in the NFL. Cardinals are a great team, though. They just had bad luck. The Warner-Arrington-Boldin-Fitzgerald combo is incredible, though. So you weren't 100% wrong.

So, now that the season is over and done with, that means contract negotiations are on the table. There are (of course) a pretty big batch of noteworthy players on the table who are up for grabs, including, Terrell Owens, Daunte Culpepper, Jamal Lewis, Antwaan Randle El and Shaun Alexander. Any predictions on what players will go where?

spudlyff8fan said:
So, now that the season is over and done with, that means contract negotiations are on the table. There are (of course) a pretty big batch of noteworthy players on the table who are up for grabs, including, Terrell Owens, Daunte Culpepper, Jamal Lewis, Antwaan Randle El and Shaun Alexander. Any predictions on what players will go where?

T.O. is the worst head case in the entire NFL and should be heavily recruited by the Psych Association of America (they will have found a case to publish volumes and volumes on). My bet is the Broncos sell their soul and their team in order to make it to the big game. This will end in an unhappy divorce a year later.

Daunte Culpepper, after clearing the "Love Boat" charges ("If the glove don't fit, you're full of shit" was his defense motto) and rehabbing his knee, will probably go to the Dolphins. He will have a shit year behind a crappy offensive line and be retired in a year.

Jamal Lewis, after his prison stint and rehabbing his ankle, will go into a running back saturated market. Rumor has it that the Steelers want him to replace the Bus. If that ends up being the case, he will go there and suddenly become good again; thus effing the Ravens over again.

No guesses on Randle El, I thought he was happy being a Steeler ect. He probably will have his pick of teams to go to. The Patriots are looking for another good receiver and they have leverage.

Shaun Alexander will be able to go to almost any team that needs a running back.

The Broncos have taken in plenty of troublesome players, and some have worked out, some haven't, so it really could end up with him being a somewhat mild-mannered guy, and I don't think he would've been as much of an annoyance if the Eagles weren't stalling on contract negotiations. Culpepper really did pretty poorly this year, and there's no doubt in my mind that he was the Bledsoe to the Viking's new Brady. Jamal, I think, simply didn't try this year, so I think wherever he ends up going (cept the Ravens), he'll end up with a 1000 yard, 6-8 TD season, barring offensive line failure and injuries. Randle El would be a great addition to the Pats, and they'd definitely love to have somebody that Bellichick can use to do even more crazy fakeouts, but the Steelers are good for him, too, so I wouldn't mind seeing him on either. Alexander could go to almost any team he wants. We'll just have to see who gives him the biggest offer.

Talks between the NFL and the player union are allegedly going terribly, meaning there's probably gonna be a strike, and a load of high-tier veteran players shooting over to free agency. What do ya think is gonna happen?

Good, maybe the Cowboys can pick up some extra offensive linemen.....Julius Jones would be better than Mr. Alexander if he didn't have rookies blocking for him!!

Shuttup and STOP LYING SPUDS!!!....Just Kidding, i've had him on my fantasy football team 2 years in a row....I know all about his injuries....But that's why we have Marion Barber and Tyson Thompson for backups.....Smells like a Superbowl champ next year

Sorry, but I think Bledsoe is too inconsistent to ensure a Super Bowl for the Cowboys...

But Marion Barber does rock.

That's it SPUDS!!....Julius Jones is one thing.....But you do not talk about Da Bledsoe.....You are sooooo off the MyGamer cool club....You don't even know....Man, i love typing this stuff when i'm full of Corona:beer:

I don't even know? I remember when Drew was in charge of MY team and blew us the Super Bowl! Sorry, but nobody knows Drew like us New Englanders.

That's why he came to a real team.......That's why Parcells hasn't retired yet....He believes in the team and Bledsoe....He wants another ring before he calls it quits.....That will be with the Cowboys.....And i'll tell you another thing that pisses me off......Terrell Owens was almost in a Cowboys jersey until Bill Parcells told Mr. Jones he didn't want him............What the Hell!!???!!!..........Parcells, that could have been your Michael Irvin

Parcells and Bledsoe were on the same team on the Pats, the Jets and now the Cowboys. Total number of Super Bowls. Zero. Parcells likes to have as many of his past players wherever he goes. That's why Bledsoe follows him around, that's why Terry Glenn was their top receiver, that's why Curtis Martin ended up with Ty Law on the Jets, and more. But Parcells really doesn't seem to win Super Bowls. He really just goes around from sucky team to sucky team recruits and coaches them into a competitive team, leaves and then repeats that. He's a great coach, that's undeniable. But I think they were better off without TO. TO was a jerk about McNabb, and McNabb is definitely better than Bledsoe. I doubt Parcells would've put up with the smack talk about him AND his star QB.

spudlyff8fan said:
Talks between the NFL and the player union are allegedly going terribly, meaning there's probably gonna be a strike, and a load of high-tier veteran players shooting over to free agency. What do ya think is gonna happen?

They'll get a deal done. They'll get a CBA worked out at the last minute. No one wants a strike. If there's going to be a strike then why not fight for guaranteed contracts instead? And I think most people don't want an NFL with no cap. Although I don't think not having a cap would be such a bad thing as long as rules were put in that would allow teams to resign their players. You can't have a Yanks & Sox situation in the NFL. There should be a high salary floor as well. Teams like the Cardinals and Browns (even though I hate the Browns) should have to spend money.