Can you smell it? The NFL season is upon us. Yeah baby!

Yahoo Sports put out their top ten free agents, and they are...

1) Drew Brees (QB, Chargers)
2) Julian Peterson (LB, 49ers)
3) Edgerrin James (RB, Colts)
4) Rocky Bernard (DT, Seahawks)
5) LeCharles Bentley (C, Saints)
6) Jamal Lewis (RB, Ravens)
7) Charles Woodson (CB, Raiders)
8) Aaron Kampman (DE, Packers)
9) Will Witherspoon (OLB, Panthers)
10) Adam Vinatieri (K, Patriots)

Other noteworthy (IMO) Free Agents are Willie McGinnest (LB, Pats), Daunte Culpepper (QB, Vikes, maybe), Chester Taylor (RB, Ravens) and Antonio Bryant (WR, Browns).

So which teams do you think should pick up which players?

Think think that the 49ers or the Ravens should bite, scratch and claw to get their hands on Drew Brees, and the other two teams should clammer for Culpepper (cept for the Vikes, he doesn't like them, they don't like him). I think that Brandon Lloyd could be one of the top receivers in the league if he had a solid QB tossing to him, and Brees would be able to make the connection better than that scrubbish rookie. The Ravens pretty much should gamble on anybody being better than Boller last year, and see if they can trade him off, or simply drop him to free up the money. .....yeah, I don't feel like typing up all of the other guys. I think that the Falcons and Jets could get some of the guys on the list, as both of them could benefit greatly from a strengthened Defense with Willie McGinnest or Julian Peterson. And the Jets could really use a younger, faster RB, because the Pennington-Coles hookup would be a solid one, and if they had Edge, they'd have a really solid triumverate on offense.

Edit- Some other noteworthy free agents are Ty Law, Antwaan Randle El, and David Gibson.

Edge got signed by the Cardinals. They are so kickass now. Really, I'd have to say that the Warner-Boldin-Fitzgerald and Edgerrin James combo is easily one of the best offenses in the league.

Don't worry, they signed him only hours ago. But there's a wealth of defensive talent on my the top 10 free agent list that i showed. If they can pick up 2 or 3 of them, they'd quickly be one of the best teams in the league.

And OH SNAP! Antwaan Randle El (Pitt, WR), Brandon Lloyd (SF, WR), Christian Fauria (NE, TE) are Redskins now! Whew, that gives them a really solid offense, since now they have a receiving threat to compliment Santana Moss.

Also, the Browns are like they're coming along, as well. Since Reuben Droughns gave them their first 1000-yard season for a RB in the past eon, picking up LeCharles Bentley (NO, C) and Kevin Schaeffer (Atl, T). More importantly is how they picked up Joe Jurevicius (SEA, WR) so that Braylon Edwards actually ISNT the only guy who can catch a ball on the field. They still need to work on defense and a more dependable QB, though...but Dilfer may be able to pull it together like when he was a Buc.

GOD I LOVE SPORTS!

Oh, and Jonas, you may or may not know this now, but the Panthers cut Steven Davis, and resigned DeShaun Foster, making him their lead back.

I'm back from surgery now, Jonas...so it's on...i've read the past posts and i am surprised at you guys....The Cowboys, if they acquire the services of a one Terrell Owens, will have an unstoppable offense.....C'mon......Bledsoe, Julius Jones, Terry Glenn, TO, Jason Witten.....Now all we need is a kicker....Now that Vinitierri(spell check) from New England might be up for grabs, the Cowboys might be scooping him up too........Money Talks, B***sh** walks....and everybody knows Mr. Jerry Jones has the Moo-lah....So, the tables will turn and the Panthers will head back to the basement of the NFC :hyper: .....Losers!! :boxedin:

Yeah, Vinatieri would definitely be a primo pickup for the Cowboys. The thing is I don't think that TO would mix well with the patchy Bledsoe and the strict Parcells. I mean, it's undeniable that TO is a great player, and is a pretty much guaranteed 1500 yard, 15+ TD per year season, but he'd definitely cause numerous problems, as he did with the Eagles. But lots of the top WRs are scooped up now, which could make it tougher for them.

A strange trade that went on that i didn't understand was the Joe Jurevicious trade....Hello Seattle, when your two top receivers went down with injuries, He was your go to man!!.....Now he's in Cleveland, i will never understand these teams' thinking

I'm pretty much sick of the NFL right now. Let's face it, every Superbowl for the past 5 years or so has sucked, with the exception being Carolina and New England....but even that excellent game was overshadowed by Ms. Jackson's halftime show. Nobody talked about the great game...just the boob. I've had it! Lol

I heard about Stephen Davis. He needed to go. I like the guy, but they should focus their attention elsewhere.

As for the Cowgirls, Jerry Jones can buy all the players he wants, but that salary cap will kill him elsewhere. He'll have to make some serious sacrifices to keep all those superstars.

No he won't. Glenn and Bledsoe are both loyal to Parcells, so I'd definitely bet that they would be more than willing to have their contract trimmed at least some in order to have guaranteed loads of playtime, and some lenient coaching with a pal they're familiar with on the field, and a fanbase who adores them for actually giving them a team that saw the playoff run for the last several years. Bledsoe and Glenn are going to be Cowboys as long as Parcells is at the helm.

Edit- And in a big surprise (to me, at least) the Ravens resigned the colossal flop, Jamal Lewis for 3 years.

Oh well, Randle El is gone. He's a very good player and it would've been great if the Steelers could've kept him. But the Redskins overpaid for him so I can't blame him for taking the money.

I don't think Owens would fit well in Dallas either, but for slightly different reasons. I don't think Bledsoe is tough enough to deal with TO. He couldn't even deal with Keyshawn Johnson, and compared to Terrell Owens, Johnson is a puppy dog. Factor that in with Parcell's age and his seemingly mellowed out mood (maybe because of his brother's death) and I don't think the Cowboys are tough enough to handle Owens.

With all these moves next season should be very interesting. With the lower teams possibly coming up I wonder who will fall off. One team I think will take a step back has got to be the Chargers.

The Chargers are definitely going to fall backwards into the muddled middle of the NFL. They have one of the best TEs in the league (I think he's the 3rd or 4th best, behind Shockey, Heap and maybe Alge Crumpler), and their receivers are solid. But without Brees, they are nothing. NOTHING. Unless they can resign Brees (which it doesn't seem like they will), pick up that fabled college QB Jay Cutler (which it doesn't seem like they will) or pick up Culpepper and have him play like he did a few years ago (which is somewhat unlikely) they won't be nearly as good as last year.

Adam Archuleta is a Redskin now too! Snider is really stockpiling the talent. It kinda makes you wonder how they can afford all these big names. If Brunell plays a little better this year, watch out for the Skins.

Redskins....Oh, you meant Cowboys....Now, you are getting very..............very...........sleepy...............Muhaaahaahaa