Can you smell it? The NFL season is upon us. Yeah baby!

asylum_boy said:
A strange trade that went on that i didn't understand was the Joe Jurevicious trade....Hello Seattle, when your two top receivers went down with injuries, He was your go to man!!.....Now he's in Cleveland, i will never understand these teams' thinking
Yeah, it really made no sense to me either when I was reading about it. Oh well, they still got Alexander.....although they didn't entirely rely on him to get them to the Superbowl. Meh, who needs recievers? Good pick up for the browns.

Maverick said:
What do you mean?

Well, I like Chris Cooley, but the thing is they signed a new TE, and they had Mike Sellers. So I dunno if Cooley is getting the boot or what.

Cleveland picked up Willie McGinnest. Cleveland is putting plenty of effort into building up a better team.

With the addition of Culpepper, Miami looks to adding to their already good offense....Think about it: Culpepper, Chambers, Booker, Brown, Williams, McMichael....hell of a damn offense if you ask me....Look out Pittsburgh, there's a new dog in the AFC.....

. . . and it could be the Bengals. Even though they haven't added any big names (I think), if Palmer comes back strong from his injury we could see the Bengals against the Cowboys in the Super Bowl. Of course Chad Johnson will have to keep his temper in check. And I thought about this and I've changed my mind, if T.O. does sign with the Cowboys (or anyone for that matter) I think they will be great because Owens will be on his best behavior at least for the first season.

Personally, I think Green Bay should sign Terrell Owens. Just think about how many times Favre will sling the ball around with Owens on his team. Even though I'm very tired of hearing about will or won't Favre come back, it would be cool to see if the Packers can win a championship with Owens on a 1-year contract.

The Steelers aren't going to repeat so no one even has to worry about that. They are loosing way too much talent. They'll be a major contender again in about 2 years or so.

As for Cooley, I don't know. This is only his second year right?

I don't think TO will be better off though. In both GB and DAL, he'd end up being the second fiddle to somebody, which he really doesn't like. He didn't even like having Westbrook competing with him, and being the #2 behind Javon Walker or Terry Glenn wouldn't sit well.

As for which teams will end up being major contendor next season...while I still think the Bengals would've made it to the Super Bowl if it weren't for the cheap hit on Palmer in the playoffs that hurt his leg, but I definitely foresee another Super Bowl run for them (but they really could use some defensive enhancements). I think that teams that will DEFINITELY be better than their records will end up being the Vikes (who I think will end up being better off with a less injury and fumble-prone RB, and their lack of Culpepper), the Cardinals (my early prediction, the Cards will beat the Hawks for the NFC West), the Saints (the Brees-Horn-Stallworth will be quite good), and the Texans (just because how could they do any worse?).

Yeah, Cooley is only going into he third year now, but he still put up solid TE numbers last season.

You really think TO will be the #2 receiver? Well if he is, he won't be for long. Owens is better than Glenn or Driver will ever be. It would be silly to have them #1 over TO.

The Dolphins could be good too if Culpepper is ready to go during the first part of the season. I can't wait to see how the Colts and Patriots perform. No one is talking about the Pats anymore, and I think that's just how they like it. They did loose some players though. And it'll be great to see if the Steelers totally deflated the Colts after that amazing start, or if Indy will come back on a serious mission.

Only about 6 months to go!

Maverick said:
You really think TO will be the #2 receiver?

In Dallas? Definitely. Parcells always puts his personal group of players (guys like Bledsoe, Glenn, Curtis Martin, and more) first, pretty much no matter what. He wouldn't put one of his personal friends, and most loyal players behind somebody else. Javon Walker is also a popular guy in Green Bay. He's a fan favorite, and the newcomer with the attitude won't really be able to usurp his position as the #1 receiver in an already-complete offense (barring another massive barrage of injuries). I know that TO is the better player, it's generally undeniable, but he's potentially entering two offenses that are very, very defined.

The Dolphins could be good too if Culpepper is ready to go during the first part of the season. I can't wait to see how the Colts and Patriots perform. No one is talking about the Pats anymore, and I think that's just how they like it. They did loose some players though. And it'll be great to see if the Steelers totally deflated the Colts after that amazing start, or if Indy will come back on a serious mission.

The Pats didn't really LOSE anyone critical except Vinatieri. Givens wasn't really a major part of the offense anymore, and was a #3 receiver at best in the Pats. Willie McGinnest was a solid defensive player, but he is getting older. And with age comes susceptibility to injury. Vinatieri is a really tough loss, though. His incredible composure really makes him an incredible kicker for any playoff contending teams. I mean, Vinatieri would've split the uprights in the playoffs against the Steelers in the playoffs. He's a DEADLY kicker.

Well, it's a sad day for Pats fans, a happy day for Colts fans, and a happy few days for Cowboys fans.

Adam Vinatieri, who I believe is the best kicker in the game because of his near-perfect accuracy in any critical situation, is now a Colt.

And if you just haven't payed attention to football for the past few days, Terrell Owens is now a Cowboy. We shall see how that goes...

Yup he's a Cowboy. Now all of America will have to see even more Cowboy games. I'm quite tired of seeing Dallas games, and I don't know why so many of them are shown ("America's team" my ass), but at least I'm interested in them again now.

It would be wild if the Pats picked up Vanderjagt (spelling?).

Nobody can be tired of seeing Cowboys' games......Never....it will never happen.....I think now that TO is with my team, i am starting to smell a championship again.............Get Yo' Popcorn Ready, it's gonna be a show!!

I hope the Pats do pick up Vanderjagt. Because they need somebody. Thing is though, the Big V is a very choke-prone. We've seen that twice in playoff games. But Vinatieri is a major loss for the Pats.

Well, the majority of great players are now gone from free agency. And Yahoo put out their "Top Ten Bargain Bin" players remaining, being...

Lavar Arrington (OLB, Redskins), possibly will become a Jaguar, Brown, Eagle or Charger
Charles Woodson (CB, Raiders), possibly a Jaguar or Chief
Jon Runyan (OT, Eagles), possibly a Jet, Raven or Pat
Stephen Neal (G, Pats), possibly a Viking, Texan, Bill or Seahawk
Tom Ashworth (OT, Pats), possibly a Jet or Texan
Sam Adams (DT, Bills), possibly a Bengal
Ty Law (CB, Jets), possibly a Seahawk, but I think he may end up, once again, with Parcells as a Cowboy
Eric Warfield (CB, Chiefs) who knows what'll happen with him? Depends on who picks up Woodson or Law
Kerry Collins (QB, Raiders) possibly a Lion or Raven
Mike Vanderjagt (K, Colts) possibly a Cowboy, Packer or Patriot. Though, I don't know if he'll be the best pick for the Pats, just because he's so choke-prone, but there aren't many other great kickers out there.

The Steelers need a CB in the worst way. I'd love for them to get Ty Law (but I think he wants too much money), Woodson is a bit overrated (way too many injuries) but he's still better than anything Pittsburgh has now.

Is Arrington still on the market?

Vanderjagt is a Cowboy I think. That should help them out a lot.

Keyshawn Johnson is a Panther. I think that's a great move for them. Smith can do anything and Johnson can still catch just about everything.

This is such an insane offseason!

Nothing on Arrington, atm. Problem with Ty Law is that he really is a troublesome player, and he sometimes pulls a Jamal Lewis and just doesn't put in any real effort. And even Parcells and Bellichick couldn't really make him really stfu. But are the Steelers the type to pick up a troublesome player or two?

Yeah they don't want players with a lot of baggage. They'll take some problems (i.e. Staley had a small troublesome rep.), but they'd never try to get someone like Keyshawn & Owens. They hate the "me" attitude. Part of the reason why they let Burress go.

I have to agree with Mav about the insane offseason.....However, there is a deep hearted rivalry that has been going on for awhile.....that doesn't get looked at much.......That would be between the Panthers and the Cowboys......And after last year's fiasco with Smith being ejected from the game and this season, with MESHAWN going to the Panthers.....This coming season's matchup will be one for the ages....I mean i'm a Cowboys fan that lives in Charlotte, N.C.......(well, right outside the city limits)....How big was the Keyshawn thing for all of my Panther friends??....Let's just say my phone will not stop ringing.....I have mixed emotions concerning the Keyshawn and TO thing...One part is glad Keyshawn is gone, because TO could be our next Michael Irvin<<<<waiting for the flames>>>........The other part is that Keyshawn was showing potential in the endzone, touchdowns at least......He wasn't technically a deep ball threat, but short yardage, he was in the mix......Farewell to Keyshawn, Hello to SuperBowl Champs......Like TO says, it's gonnna be a show!!
<<<<<asy pulls out the Sharpie Pen>>>>>>>

The Pats are more willing to take in troublesome players. I was surprised when they took in Corty Dillon, mainly because he was a pretty troublesome player. I was MORE surprised when they reformed him into a model player.