Can you smell it? The NFL season is upon us. Yeah baby!

Well, Willie Parker is kind of patchy in quality as a whole. At the start of the season, he had over 300 combined yards with 2 TDs, then immediately began putting out 20-50 yard games. Then in week 7 he had a 100+ yard w/ a TD game, had a few more flat-out unimpressive games, then got injured, then just came back and didn't do much until week 16, where he had a 100+ yard game w. a TD. Bettis is still pretty consistent in his plowing through people, but I wouldn't say he's fumble-prone, he just had that one instance in the Colts game where the ball got helmeted. And I think that Duce could get the job done. Even though he's probably at least a little rusty. But I think he'd be a decent option if anything goes wrong.

Well the reason I include Bettis with the fumbles is because I believe he has something like 4 fumbles in playoff games, but he hasn't fumbled in a regular season game since 2003, I think. But that's not good when your last handful of fumbles happened in the playoffs.

And I'd definitely make Duce an option, albeit my third option.

So the big games is coming, and Some friends and I decided to make a drinking game of it.

Every touchdown=everybody chug a beer
Turnover=Everybody takes a drink
Interception=shot of Jack
and everytime someone mentions Bettis being at home=two shots of jack
field goal=half a beer

we plan to be shit faced by the end of the 1st quarter

No, I'm not thinking so. Its a damn shame that bettis is going to be humiliated in his hometown playing what is probably going to be his last game. GO SEAHAWKS!

Who cares about the game? What about the commercials? We should make a drinking game revolving around commercials.

Every time an animal is used.
Each appearance of a hot chick.
ABC plug.

I'm at work right now listening to a meeting on some IT crap, so I am not very creative.

That was a tight game. But I know who the real Super Bowl MVP is. The Seahawks offensive line. Without their frequent holding penalties which prevented numerous touchdowns, the Steelers certainly wouldn't have won. But man....how bout that double reversal Randle El TD pass?

Was cool. I liked when the Steeler's QB (I'm not even going to attempt to write it out having never paid attention to its spelling) scrambled out of the pocket, skirted the line of scrimmage, and threw that huge pass cross field. I'm not a big fan of football in particular, but I do like sports.

And bah to anyone who watches just for the commercials. I honestly tuned out all commercials this time around by meandering off or doing homework during them. The only one that caught my attention that was cool was an old one for a Hummer, with the big lizard and robot monster in the ruins of the city. :p

Well, since I didn't actually SEE the people drinking the beer, that means I won't possibly start drinking...right?

Stupid government....

Dude that trick play was awsome...if only more football teams would do something interesting like that more often.

I have to say that the Super Bowl commercials really sucked this year. They used to be hella funny or cool looking but this year nothing. And Mission Imposable III?!? ...sigh

There were a handful of good commercials. But as for Randle El, there are very few players who can effectively run, throw and catch because he was a kickass college scrambling QB (but I don't know where he got the catching skills from). Really, other than Randle El, the only other player that got a running, catching and receiving TD this year, which was Ladainian Tomlinson. Randle El is a good player who can do pretty much anything. But I also love those gimmick plays. That's one of the reasons I like the Pats more recently.

I agree. I loved that play. Are those type called "gadget" plays? Madden kept calling them that, but I hate Madden and think he is getting senile.

Yeah, gadget. I just said gimmick in another post so I mixed up the word (hehehe....). Madden does have an unusual talent for stating the blatantly obvious.

"When the QB throws a pass, it can be caught, not caught, or intercepted!"

yeah, and I also hate it when a reporter tries to shed some light on the team's strategy when they come back from half-time. "He said they must convert on 3rd down, they must get their running game going, and they have to complete their passes. He also said they cannot afford penalties." Duh. Then Madden feels he must elaborate. What do they expect? Um, we're going to have Shaun Alexander run to the left on first down, then we're going to pass to the right on second down to number. . .