Question of the Day

VIII. Junctioning is the first time micromanaging numbers has been fun, GFs were fun to use, and the story was a joy. The "we grew up together!" twist was pretty lame, but besides that, it was beautiful and fun.

Question of the Day:

Who wants to take over QotD while I'm in Florida for a week?

I'm leaving Friday.

Don't everyone volunteer at once. Fine, I'll try and contribute when I can.

Question of the Day:

What's the lengthiest relationship you've ever been in?

6 years with Pat as of today. I have trouble believing that at times. Seems like only yesterday I looked him over and said to myself, "If he asks me out, I'm going to turn him down."

Well, I've been my mothers son for 23 years now, and I'm pretty much starting to get tired of it.....oh relationship, my longest has been like two years, right now my old lady and I celebrated our 6 months.

QOTD : What will u be doing this weekend?

My brother and I will be attending "Copa De Luchas" It's a joint venture between NWA and Mexican wrestling, Psychosis, and some others will be there. I'm looking forward to seeing the "Human Tornado" from WSX, and it will also be Colt Cabana's last match before heading to the WWE, good times.

I went to a Butch Walker show on Friday night with one of my good friends here in Atlanta. My sister was going to come down, but she got into a moderate wreck right before she left. She is fine, but the car was messed up. The show was impressive, but that was not too surprising. He puts on a damn good show.

Kickball game on Saturday. We lost 2-1, which was a bummer. I was 2-2 though and made a few catches in the outfield.

Sunday, I did a whole lot of jack squat.

I spent Friday afternoon through Saturday morning driving to Florida. Then I spent most of Saturday recovering. Sunday we went shopping and celebrated my birthday early.

Question of the Day:

What is the meaning of life?

In a strictly biological sense, I think it's to procreate. In a broader sense, it's a Monty Python movie.

[SPOILER ALERT]

The meaning of life is that there is no meaning, that you can make up your own meaning. But in order for that to be effective (and in order to resist a handful of dangerous philosophical burdens), you have to trick the idea of this away from your conscious thoughts (unless you're naturally (disposition) or artificially (drugs) protected from such thinking), which is pretty easy and mostly automatic (societal mechanisms).

That's fairly bleak and analytical if you're more spiritually attached to life, I admit. :p I'll go on record stating that I don't necessarily condone or condemn that take on the meaning of life, even though to me it seems to hold more objective truth than anything else. But I've never been a huge fan of the existence of objective truth. :p

If there is such a thing as objective truth, though, there would be an answer. Or The Answer.

I just always look on the bright side of life.

Yeah. The Answer of course would be unattainable in this life, blah etc. and so on.

Providing your own meaning can be overall positive. The best approach I can think of is to find things in your life that brings you unconditional joy (and that is culturally agreeable in your context), and stick with it. Your calling.

Well, I think we'll make planet earth uninhabitable - or barring that, the next step in the evolutionary chain will wipe out humanity. Not quite armageddon, but pretty sucky.

Us humans are pretty good at killing ourselves, so something in that direction. :p

On that note, happy belated birthday, Katie! Saw your birthday thing at the bottom of the page yesterday.

Because global warming will kill us long before the sun explodes, spuds.

Thanks for the warm wishes, roach. Appreciate it.

I'd be pretty disappointed in humanity, spudz, if we haven't spread throughout the galaxy or universe at large by the time the sun expands and consumes Earth. I mean, that is, if we haven't disappointed ourselves by that time through mutual annihilation.

Actually, humanity will give up it's search for another habitable system when World of Warcraft comes out with its next expansion WoW: The Search for More Money, and the entire world becomes addicted to it.

In truth, the End of Days will come in about 2 and half years. Katie will hire some band she finds online to play at her wedding, little realizing that Kurruption in fact is the lead singer. She will be strangely fascinated by his melancholy songs about dancing the dance of life with an enigmatic figure. They will have a torrid love affair. Because such an occurrance will cause a paradox with the fundamental rule of existence, the world shall end. Kind of like the idea in the movie Dogma.

Well I suppose it's a good thing that I'm not hiring a band for the wedding then.

Question of the Day:

What's your favorite guilty pleasure?

My current one is the vampire/detective show Blood Ties on Lifetime. The show's dialogue is atrocious, but it has such potential to be a good show - think Buffy for thirtysomethings - that I keep watching. Also the really hot guys they cast don't hurt.

Vaseline, a new issue of Jugs, and a Michael Jackson glove......actually I do tend to watch Fresh Prince of Bel Air re-runs every now and agian, Carlton kicks ass. "In west philadelphia, born and raised...."

Question of the Day:

Do you plan to see Spider-Man 3?

I saw the midnight showing. I was rather disappointed. While the villains and secondary characters were as wonderful as usual, everytime Peter Parker or Mary-Jane were on stage it was painful. Half the movie is Sam Raimi's usual brilliance and the other half is crap. It's a damn shame.