Question of the Day

Speaking of Evil Dead, Bruce Campbell was brilliant in the movie. His performance could easily be the highlight of the whole thing.

Yeah Spiderman 3 was a little disappointing. But if you watch it mainly to see Venom, and you dont mind that it's not as good as the first one, you'll enjoy it.

But WTF was up with all the dancing?

You know, my mother said the same thing. I can only conclude that there was another action sequence planned, but they ran over budget. So all that dancing was filler. I mean Tobey is a good dancer, but geez this isn't Singing in the Rain.

And there needed to be WAY more Venom in this movie. And J. Jonah Jameson.

Yeah, but at least his dancing was funny. MJ doing the twist was just plain stupid...

And now that I think about it, they should have taken Sandman out and just had "Goblin Jr" and Venom. And they shouldn't have made Venom half his actual size either...

But otherwise it was really good.

Last edited:
Spider-man 3 was the death of the franchise. Sandman was just there, all the cool shit he could do in the funny books (different medieval weapon hands, etc) was stripped and all that was their was a dust storm, that sand monster from the first Mummy, and all this I accidentally killed uncle ben BS. He wasn't even a dumb bumbling crook, he was some dude that wanted to save his daughter yet we only see one scene with his daughter, no closure. The black suit was their for freaking 20 minutes, and I loved he we could tell when Tobey had it on, wow, his hair is longer and he's meaner! Big freaking wow. Harry wasn't the new Goblin, he was freaking Ricochet from the Slingers (look it up!) and he had a sword! WOW! Now, Venom, this could of been the saving grace, the character looked good, Topher was convincing. It only took about a freaking hour and a half to have that character come up, WTF, Venom shoulda been the freaking main point! No, instead we had the whole marriage thing that had no conclusion, Gwen Stacy, that went nowhere, there shoulda been more to that backstory, The whole staff job crap, Flint Marko's daughter, that of course went nowhere, That third love interest with that blonde that kept on baking those cookies, (come on that coulda been logical since she was on part 2, hell that coulda passed for Gwen) and the Brock/Parker rivalry that dragged on and on. Let's not forget Harry Osbornes problems, and that sweet little butler. I expected a Todd Mcfarlane spider-man movie, instead I recieved a Bendis.

So lets fix this mess, first 30 minutes, parker costs brock the job, gains the black suit, dumps mary jane and hooks up with Gwen, further pissing of Brock. Marko breaks out, gains powers. Harry finds out what really happened with Norman.

One hour into it, Harry hooks up with MJ, Spidey Vs. Sandman, could end exactly like in the movie, just needed to be longer. Spidey looses the black brock gains it.

Oner hour 30 minutes in, Spidey VS Venom, further MJ Gwen Drama, Venom loses, hooks up with Sandman, further Harry Drama.

Last hour huge climax, Taxi scene except MJ and Gwen are in it, Parker tries to convince Harry, Big battle, Spidey gets ass handed to him, Harry shows up, turns bad, 3 on 1, Big battle, bigger than the shit on 300, Goblin and Peter left standing taxi falls catches MJ webs Gwen snapping her neck funnybook style, goes apeshit kills harry(Hey if he can kill Topher why not Harry?.)

Hit me up if you get to do number 4 Sam Raimi, we can have Bruce Campbell co-star as Cletus Cassidey, that's the selling point right there.

Question of the Day:

What is the worst sequel to a movie you have ever seen? (The best sequel ever is Empire Strikes Back - there is no other answer)

This is hard - there have been a lot of shitty sequels. I'm going to have to say Her Majesty's Secret Service. It's the Bond movie so bad that the studio had to bring Sean Connery back for one more film.

kurruption said:
Spider-man 3 was the death of the franchise.
It was supposed to be the death of the franchise. There wasn't going to be a Spider Man 4 until about half way through the movie. Let's be honest. The main problem with the movie was the lack of Venom for a movie about the black suit. Venom, like you said, was just kinda the "other villain" in it. But if Spidey ripped off the suit and then Sandman remained the badguy, it would've been alot better. Venom is indeed too important to the Spiderman series to not have a movie exclusively dedicated to him.

But since Spiderman 3 WAS supposed to be the last movie in the series, I can see why they would try and tie everything up by including Venom, getting him closure for Ben and then wrapping up everything with Harry.

These next sequels better have more spidey and less Tobey! and please no effin clone saga.

QOTD: Who should be the next main villian in the next Spidey movie?

The fanboy in me says Mysterio, with a whole mess of trippy s**t and the fishbowl head, but I would also like to see him battle the whole mob types, Kingpin, Hammerhead, Tombstone and them.

Well we've already seen Dr. Connors in the first 2 movies, and he was mentioned in the third, so the next villain could be Lizard.

I definitely want to see Kingpin and Black Cat, and maybe Craven.

Last edited:
Erm...Connors showed up like 5 times in 3.

But yeah, Lizard is a strong possibility. Carnage is possible, depending on how ambitious they are.

I think something that's eventually gonna happen is Chameleon, with his whole fake parents thing.

I want them to bring Venom back somehow for another villain. Doc Ock and Norman Osbourne, while they're at it. I demand more Topher Grace, Alfred Molina, and Wilhem Defoe!

But they'll probably do something like the Sinister Six. Each movie needs at least one more villain than the previous one.

I do not know enough about the Spider-man villains to intelligently contribute to this question. Of course the potential for intelligent contribution anyway could be debated. But this is not the time nor the place. However, I think we all know who the true bad guys are.

Bears.

Oh and I haven't seen the Spidey movie yet, but I hope to try it in Imax very soon. 300 was FRICKIN' SWEET in Imax, and I hope the action scenes for Spidey will be cool as well.

Erm...Connors showed up like 5 times in 3
Oh yeah, somehow I forgot that...

Anyway, if it is true that there'll be 6 Spidey movies in total, I think the last one should be about Carnage, and Venom helping Spidey to beat him. And of course Venom would still show up in films 4 and 5.

Question of the Day:

Where does wijg keep disappearing to?

It can only be one of two things - either wijg is a special forces operative who is always being called away to save the world or Dark Wijg keeps beating the shit out of him, forcing wijg to undergo long periods of recovery time.