Oblivion

Shadowmere died for me, and I got seriously pissed off. Now I just slap on the Cowl of Nocturnal and steal em like a MAN.

Late coming in, addressing earlier posts:

I don't watch G4TV... I *do* watch the podcasts.

I don't watch for honest reviews. I watch for video footage of games, and for the humor.

I haven't watched the comiccon stuff, but I'm looking forward to it.

Do you guys just play one dude through all of the missions or make new guys after a certain ammount of time? I know the baddies are leveled to around whatever level your at to provide challenge throughout, and i never want to lose all my cool stuff, but i miss Patric Stewart's er.. Picard's voice. I need more Picard!

I'm on my fourth character.

First = Orc Gladiator, finished Fighter's Guild and Arena Questlines
Second = Wood Elf Assassin, finished Theives Guild and Dark Brotherhood Questlines
Third = High Elf Mage, started, though didn't finish Mage Guild Questline
Fourth (Current) = Lvl. 26? Khajiit Assassin, Playing the main quest and expansion quests, currently arena grand champion, DB listener and about to do the ultimate heist for the Theives Guild.

spudlyff8fan said:
Shadowmere died for me, and I got seriously pissed off. Now I just slap on the Cowl of Nocturnal and steal em like a MAN.

You need to install the horse armor pack...no more dead horseys for you! :michelang

Shadowmere can't die, just get knocked out. I did lose him once. I had to run from like four baddies and I was already limping along (I tried to do too much too soon). I tried looking for him, but I didn't find him until I went back to the place I got him at. There he was, waiting for me to knock him out and get my stuff back.

It's not that good Pocket. I mean, if you've played Animal Crossing, you've got a general idea of what the game is like.

:duh:
Wait a minute, that's not true at all! You MUST play this game!

I must say. Just hearing the opening music as the title hits is the best part. they should have reused that part a lot more.

I am currently winding my way through the "ultimate heist" quest for the Thieves Guild. I figure that the reward is definitely worth a break from the main quest. In fact, it'll make the main quest a little easier.

Are there any suggestions on weapons and enchantments? Now that I can do that, I've been experimenting. So far, I have two main swords. One does 28 shock damage and uses soul trap for one second (for 44 uses) and the other has only sould trap for one second but has 500 uses. Both are Daedric swords and do 28 damage to begin with (until I got to be an expert armorer and can improve them to 125%). The sould trap for one second sounds weak, but as long as I hit the final blow with either sword, I capture their soul and charge a soul gem. I also put the shock and soul trap on a Daedric bow. As for armor, I enchanted a helmet with 25% fire protection and since I'm a Dark Elf with 75% fire resistant, I'm fireproof as long as I'm wearing the helmet.

How about you guys? What enchantments work well?

You need hella sneak and hella acrobatics. You may want some Detect Life stuff and lots of anti-undead (silver, daedric/dremora, or enchanted) weaponry. The Soul Trap for one second sword is meant for the death blow, making it hella easy to get souls.

I don't use any enchanted gear, though.

Thing is, the Boots of Springheel Jack are meant to break during the quest, but this can be avoided by having an already-high acrobatics stat. Once you have the Elder Scroll, and already have over 50 points in acrobatics, leave the Boots off. Those are too useful to have break.

puny ps2 would explode if it tried to load Oblivion.

The armorer skill has nothing to do with enchanting, that I know of. All you have to do is get to the Arcane University, go to the chironasium, activate the altar of enchanting, add an item and a soul gem, select one of the spells (you can only learn spells that you've learned already), and voila' you've got a new cool toy.

I also am an expert alchemist and love to whip up some really nasty potions to poison my arrows and blades with. If I can get far enough away and still hit the enemy with an arrow, I can snipe someone with a poisoned arrow from an enchanted bow then slip back into the shadows. After their health has gone down enough that they won't be a huge difficulty, I step in and hack away.

I also created a spell that does 80 Frost damage to everything within 10 ft of target. It uses nearly all of my magicka, but it can really do some damage to a group of baddies. Besides, it looks cool.

I can't repair enchanted items until my armorer skill reaches 50. I can use them, but I hate for my glass curaiss to be useless because I put a detect life spell on it and it's broken!

I enchanted various pieces of Elven armor to maintain a percentage of the 'Chameleon' spell as a constant effect. The percentages stack, and if you get 100% or over, you're completely invisible. This is a bit too much of an exploit, however, since nothing in the game will be able to attack you, and you can strike for a sneak attack critical every time. Use at your own risk...or if you want to close Oblivion Gates quickly.