Oblivion

i did a little of each. I found the arena to be really fun, but no substitute for just plan 'ol killing gaurds. But really when u're stuck on a mission do another mission, u'll prolly get strong enough to beat it in two or three missions. Thats how I got over a stump of a mission or just plan 'ol walkthrough(even tho i hate using 'em they made Oblivion alot easier, just don't relay on it to much. It can ruin any game).

I finally got the updates I needed to play this game and I must say that it's the most beautiful game I've ever seen. I'm blown away by the graphics alone, but I'm loving the side characters and NPC's. I like the fact that almost all of them have names. I'm still in the first city and I'm barely scratching the surface of what's going on there!

I still haven't really decided on what path I'm really going to take, so I'm thinking more like I'm going middle of the road as far as good/evil goes. Every few minutes, I stop and go "wow, this game rocks".

I need some help.

1) I'm finding it very difficult to get the Agar-whatever (in the Unfinished Business quest) to actually leave his house. Is there a time of day when he does go out on the town?

2) How the poo do you use the persuasion thing? I keep trying but either it doesn't seem to work or else they get ticked at me.

2) You look at their face and pick big slices when they're happy and small slices when they look mad. There are four states: happy, fine, annoyed, angry (not actual names). Try to pick the biggest slice for happy and the smallest for angry as they produce the largest change.

Thanks for the input. I was doing it wrong. I'm now in all the different factions. The thieves guild is cool, fighters is so-so, mages is very benificial, but the Dark Brotherhood is by far the most interesting.

Question: Are you finding it better to keep your character leveling up evenly or is it easier for you to just focus on a few attributes?

I like specializing. My favorite playthrough thus far has been my widowmaker assassin who focused mostly on sneak, marksman and blade. So I focused a lot of energy on strength and agility. I also focused on Intelligence because I needed MP for my Illusion spells.

If you're too well rounded, you won't be effective at anything really.

I like being slightly, but more towards the offensive/defensive, short-range/long-range. I have a Dark Elf because he has the most well-rounded offensive capabilities. Next time (which will be months from now) I'll go with mage. Although, since the game never really ends (you can keep doing stuff for a loooooooong time) I think I'll have plenty of room to flesh out my guy.

I'm playing through as a mage for the achievements, but I'm not really enjoying it very much. The mages guild quest is neat I guess, but I'm more of a warrior than a wizard.

I'm pursuing the quests in all of the guilds (enchanting and using advanced poisons on a weapon make being a fighter so much easier). What I meant was when you play, which skills do you advance? Obviously a mage would advance his alchemy, etc. and a warrior his strength, agility, etc. but there are several other variables, what do you like?

I liked to play a variable skillset character as well. That's why I actually liked the pre-made class of 'Nightblade' (surprising, since I usually completely customize my characters). So far, I've completed the Fighters Guild quests and I've climbed high int he ranks of the Mages Guild. Haven't joined the Thieves Guild yet, however.

In Morrowind, I was more of a spellcaster because fighting was kinda dull, but they really have improved combat in Oblivion. A steady mix of fireballs and blades really keeps things fresh.

The fighting is definitely interesting. The thieves guild is pretty easy to get into (go to jail for stealing, give money to a beggar in the imperial city, and someone will approach you with an invitation). Their jobs can be pretty interesting, especially since you aren't allowed to kill. The rewards are decent as well. Just don't try stealing from Heronimus Lex during a shift change at the South Tower. The guards made my death swift and painful.

I have yet to play my copy. I'm afraid if I start I'll neglect my other games. I'm still trying to beat FarCry Instincts Predator. And with prey coming out I may not get to Oblivion for a while. This seems like a game I should play when I have nothing else to play so it can take up all of my time.

It is definitely a game that makes you want to play it all the time. I just went home on my lunch break (it takes 3 minutes to get home and I get an hour lunch). I was heating up my lunch while turning on the 360. Before I left the house, I had done the initiation for the Dark Brotherhood and continued on to the Mages guild in Skingrad so I can get their recommendation.

Maverick said:
I have yet to play my copy. I'm afraid if I start I'll neglect my other games. I'm still trying to beat FarCry Instincts Predator. And with prey coming out I may not get to Oblivion for a while. This seems like a game I should play when I have nothing else to play so it can take up all of my time.

i love the wording here. like our games are plants or pets or something. :winter:

Oblivion really is wonderful, finally i get to take long nature hikes with a horse and pick flowers. anyone get the expansions on Live?

I got the expansions, though I must say that I've only taken advantage of the horse armor (slightly lame) and the Wizard's Tower (interesting, though largely uninteresting for me, since I'm not big into the mage stuff).

I started a new character last night (Khajit Assassin) and I'm playing through again, so I'll do the Theives Den and Mehrune's Razor quests for sure.

the Razor one sounds good but i'm just wondering if the sword is bad ass and thats the way it is, or if it's a leveled weapon and super bad ass at a higher level. Goldbrand is in Oblivion also, and that is BAMF (As Dave Cook would say)