Metroid Story

I'm 14 yrs of age, I don't have a Gamecube or Revolution or a DS But i hav a SP including THUG2, Sapphire, and more importantly Metroid 0 Mission!

1nara2sumas39 said:
Oh Yeah If any1 goes to the off topic stuf go 2 Nintendo Bros. vs. Sonic Team stuf Ill tell u the rules Samus has already been picked

WTF? Dude, you are only 14 stop smoking the crack right now otherwise you won't have any brain cells left when you are older. :rolleyes:

Yeah, listen to Andre. If you don't you'll end up like demi. Smilies will be your only form of communication with the world around you.

"Well, excuse me for being retarded."

Ok, let's try and reel this topic back towards Metroid story. For the few people that seem to have opinions on this matter, I would like to provide mine. When Super Metroid came out, Nintendo Power ran a series of comics relating to the game. In the comics, they revealed some story concepts such as the power suit is of Chozo origin and Samus has Chozo blood. I liked these ideas. However, they also introduced the character of Huston. I am not as wild about this development. Basically, I don't like the idea of another character having a powersuit similar to Samus's. I am fine with other characters having metallic suits like the Federation soldiers in Echoes or other sci-fi characters such as the Master Chief. Samus's should in some way be unique. Whether it is the idea of the gun arm, or the organic/metallic synthesis of the suit. So basically, in the Metroid universe existing inside of my head, Huston does not exist. Though metroid2002.com did some pretty funny comics involving Huston.

AHHHH, I thought my Metroid thread had been deleted. Oh sweet Metroid. How I love thee. Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?

ooh, a 'game movie' thread. i shall insert my two cents. get ready, cus it's gonna be long...

ok, to be quite honest, i cringe at the thought of a metroid movie for fear that it will turn into resident evil apocolypse or even worse, the super mario bros. movie :crazy: I like my movies to be as close to the source material as possible.

here's what i want from a metroid movie:
first thing, minimal dialog. for me, i like to get the same vib from watching the movie that you experience while playing the game, which involves a lot of silence and thinking and exploration. I like the idea of exploration. The best examples i can think of are samurai jack and 2001 a space odessy, in the sense that they had longs vast shots of the main characters exploring their surroundings. another example would be the beginning of 28days later where the dood is wondering through the city and they go almost 30mins without speaking any dialog. The only dialog i'd like to really hear is samus doing voice over narration, like in the sin city movie so we could literally get inside her head to see what kind of a character she is. And maybe some dialog of the space pirates talking in some alien dialect with subtitles.

another thing is i've always been under the impression that samus almost never removes her varasuit(at least that's what i got from metroid fusion). i really don't like the idea of being able to see her through her suit. A while ago when the original metroid prime came out, they had this commercial that looked like live action(it might of been cg, i couldn't tell), with samus running around and flipping and stuff. That's how i'd like to see the movie look. I'd want her suit to be pretty similar to the prime version but i guess they'd have to make a 'movie version' of the suit for marketing and stuff like with batman.

as for story, i think the events of super metroid would make a good setting, that way you can have a nice opening scene with the scientists being murdered by the space pirates and characters like motherbrain and that chozo thingy, and maybe have that part from zero mission where she has to get her suit back and we don't actually see what she looks like until the last 30mins of the movie.

I'd also like to see other shots from the game, like when she's riding on the elevator, or when she finds a piece of her suit and they play the theme music, or when she sees that statue with the 3 bosses she has to fight. and maybe have some huge puzzle that she doesn't find the solution to until the end of the movie.

lastly, the action scenes. nice calm exploration scenes suddenly inturupted by some huge cg monster. lot's of flipping and shooting and stuff. And you gotta have the scene when she's about to be killed by mother brain and the queen metroid saves her!

damn, this turned out to be a long rant.

i'm kinda glad this thread is revived too. and i am too lazy to page back through again to remember if i already wrote this...but i'll expand if i did..

i think the entire movie should not have dialogue. for all we know, samus can't even talk. and she shouldn't need to. to piggyback off what was said earlier, i like the idea of the exploration scenes. it is totally possible.

i have seen some nature movies that do not have narration, but tell the story through actions alone. i think these are fascinating and very effective if dont properly. perhaps the entire movie should be in CG as making the suit in real life would be hard to do without making it look like plastic (as it would obviously have to be made out of).

once again, the part i might be repeating myself on -- check out "Quest for Fire". there is no dialogue in it that is in an understandable language. the movie is about cavemen and has no subtitles to translate. you figure out what's going on through context. it's a neat movie about how cavepeople might have lived and discovered a few certain things. it's just the story of one man, really. there are some support characters though. that's the thing that might make samus' lonely, dialogue-less jounry hard to implement. there need to be support characters, and not just villains.

i guess the other thing, though..is that it is hard to get any of these emotions without speech AND without facial expressions. body language in the Cube games are pretty basic- they have to be. (jumping back in surprise...putting gun up in preparation, etc)
we need a face that can convey everything we need to know in the movie. but why would samus remove her trademark helmet if she does not need to? it would be hard to stay true to the games as we all know she only does this after finishing the game ;)

when i start to think that we need a real face.. hmm. here's a strange idea. i fear everyone will hate this, but maybe us hardcore metroiders can look past the obvious silliness of it. ok...how about in the corner of the screen, the entire movie- a closeup of a human actress' face! how award-winning would that be if done right? strictly facial expression acting! and it just goes along with everything going on in the movie. just think about it for a minute...it's so weird that it might just work :)

ok. that's my two cents. i'm surprised i had that much left after the damn toll booths from yesterday.