Fighting Games

I know something you don't know! MK 2 had blood on the snes, The first one was the one that contained sweat, after the first game the whole congress/ESRB deal hit, anywho, going invisible with reptile and then doing the head chomp was sweet, but deep freezing someone with subzero and then throwing the snowball grenade was just plain orgasmic

Yeah. Subzero's fatalities have always been the pinnacle of the series. Whether he pulls their head off with their spinal cord dangling or freezing them then shattering.

I really want to play Street Fighter. I've never even seen what the game looks like except for a quick shot of it in a movie called "Juice" I think. Capcom makes all these compilations, but they never include Street Fighter. I don't understand why they want to pretend like it never existed. I don't care if the controls are completely different and if I can only play as Ryu.

Has Capcom ever given a reason as to why they never include it in any anthologies/compilations?

No, but it's probably because Street Fighter is popular enough on its own to sell a countless number of remakes of the games. Street Fighter Anniversary Collection, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Street Fighter 2 Hyper Fighting, Street Fighter Alpha Collection, Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max are all old games that everyone still loves so they just keep on re-porting them.

Plus, this game here

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=950799

Has Street Fighter 2 Hyper Fighting.

The original Street Fighter is still one of my favorite games of all time. Yes I still own and play SNES and Sega Genesis. Both sweet. I never did like any after SF 2. All the sequels just got hard to handle.

I remember the absolute coolest thing was the MK blood code on Genesis. Wish I still had the game but I know the code, ABACABB! Perhaps I'll wander over to EB Games and see if they have it on the way home from work today. Still know the Konami code too lol.

Mav, I remember the orginal SF. They had it at the local roller rink so many years ago. I don't think I was any good at it. Actually the only images that come to my mind are some stage that had a train car in the background. Am I imagining things or was that an actual stage? It has been so long, but for some reason I associate that image is with the game.

wStreet_Fighter.png

G4 had an icons edition on fighting games. I really liked it and totally agreed when they said that fighting games became ridicioulosly hard. At first a couple of half circle motions did the trick, then things just became way to complicated. Guilty Gear and SNK games especially, you have to practically dedicate yourself to one character in order to get good at it.

g4 seems to have a bias opinion of fighting gamesthey don't know how to play. i'm still bitter that xplay gave mario party a higher score than king of the fighters

Lots of media places are biased against fighting games. Many expect a series to be reinvented each game, which is simply unnecessary.

Sometimes gameplay doesn't count as much as the names associated with it. It seems to me that the bigger the names, the better the review, like Mario.

Mario's been taking alot of hits lately, though. As has DOA.

DOA4 had loads of surprisingly bad reviews, which is surprising because the game just plain rocks.

As for Mario, outside of the handhelds, all his games have received sub-75 ratings. For example, Mario Superstar Baseball got a 7.0, Mario Party 7 got a 6.8 and Mario Strikers got a 6.8 (all from Mygamer).

true, he just dresses like a plumber since thats the identity the feds gave him when he entered the witness protection program, poor bastard.