Fighting Games

2 Words....Double Dragon....That is all!!
double_dragon3.jpg

Nah, i never played it...but i think i'm gonna have to now....If i had the money, i would definitely be buying the full size Double Dragon Arcade Machine....That would be too sweeeetttttt!!!

How about the myriad of WWE wrestling games? I loved the old RAW games. Asylum, me, and a myriad of friends used to have a great time with the cage, hardcore and royal rumble matches.

Smackdown for the ps2 takes the cake as far as wrestling games are concerned. Capcom though did release a pro wrestling/2d fighting game called Saturday night Slam Masters, pretty sweet game, and isn't rare making a new killer instinct for the XBX or 360? Jago is the shit.

his ultra combo was also one of the easiest things to do, just come in with the rolling punch, do the 2 second charge and your set, for a challenge though, try sabrewulf

I loved the Double Dragon series and Battletoads, but I didn't really think they counted as Fighting Games. Battletoads, though, had some unique gameplay with the brawler stages, the vehicle stages, and the frickin' stage with all the snakes. I am not sure if I ever beat that stage. I think I had to use the ole Game Genie to get to the end. And the villainess had a balcony you could do Shakespeare from.

I believe I always used Spinal or Orchid from Killer Instict. I liked Spinal's combo finishers where he morphed into the character he was fighting.

And actually kurruption, I thought Sabrewulf was supposed to be one of the easier characters to learn. His moves were primarily charge based.

I never really saw what the fascination with KI was. Maybe it was because I never had a SNES. I could only play it when I went over someone's house so I never got good at it.

The first two Mortal Kombats were great. Learning everyone's fatalities for the first time was awesome.

Yeah, I remember having it on the Genesis, and Scorpion's fatality was block up up. Good stuff. But KI was surprisingly deep for its time, Mav, it's just sorta one of those games that was ahead of its time. It was also easy to pick up and play for scrubs but there was lots to master.

I loved the old fatalities. "Toasty!" I work with some guys that were too young to play those games (21-22). They barely remember the first few games.

before KI, i was really into MK2. I'm 23 and I can still remember the day it came out. they had an arcade machine in the doorway of the Double T diner, and my cousin and i would convince our parents to eat there so that we could play. I remember playing it at some amusement park too(hershey park i think) and getting kicked off because it was a 'mature game'.

long before there was hot coffee, it was all about pixelated blood spilling everywhere

did anybody else turn invisble first before doing reptile's head munch fatality in mk2?