Question of the Day

Question of the Day:

Are you looking forward to autumn?

I like the mild temperatures of autumn, but I prefer the longer days of summer. So a little happy and a little sad.

Question of the Day:

Don't you just hate thank you notes?

I am SO sick of writing them and I'm barely a third of the way done. Gah!

This is entirely true. We all know that writing them is just a formality, and that we don't really mean whatever the cards say. And Lord knows we never read them.

So yeah. Hate those things.

Question of the Day:

Don't you just hate pants?

Yes I know it's a Simpsons quote, but it is one of my favorites. I'm not particularly fond of pants, but skirts are evn worse. Un less we're talking about on a guy. Then it's kilts all the way!

Well much to my surprise it would seem that you all like pants. I expected at least one protest. Ah well. Let's try again.

Question of the Day:

What is your opinion on team building exercises?

A big fat waste of time. Just plain awful.

I'm pretty much against anything with the word team, even when some hot girl comes up and says, "hey why don't you get a friend so you can tag team me?" I pretty much laugh in their face and walk away, just like jesus woulda wanted.

Question of the Day:

Did you see the premiere of Heroes?

Wasn't it cool? And the show before it, Chuck I think, has some potential. But mostly because they have Adam Baldwin from Firefly in the cast.

Question of the Day:

Do you want to go to grad school?

I do. I'm in the middle of applying right now. It's more than a little nerve wracking.

Nah, not really. Over the years I've come to kind of resent formalized education. It's almost the same as gambling for me in the sense that I don't know what or if I'll gain anything or not from any given class (taught by a given teacher), because not all universities and teachers and courses are created equally (especially subjective to yourself and how best you learn). And I resent the fact you have to pay enormous sums of money to justify the knowledge that you've gained, materialized in the form of a document. I think I'll stick to my wikipedia/internet education. :p Of course, knowledge gleaned "off the record" isn't as valuable as knowledge that comes with a receipt of purchase. ;)

If you ask me, people develop the essential tools in life at some point, with or without a formal education. After that, the sky is the limit with the right mindset. Everything beyond that are specialized skills that can be learned through those tools. But I understand anyone who chooses formalized education, because that's the game you have to play if you want to increase your odds of success in this world.

Well I'm doing it so I can be a professor who will actually receive governemnt grants to mess with people's heads. Hee hee - fun with psychology.

Although my favorite reason to get a doctorate - there's a Comp Sci professor out there whose last name is Doom. You know he got his doctorate just so he would be called Doctor Doom.

Well, what other use is there for psychology?

Other than making up reasons pedophiles and murderers shouldn't go to jail.

But yeah...a real life Doctor Doom is too awesome for this planet to handle.

Except for the Doom from the movies. He sucked.

Question of the Day:

Did you know that the actor who portrayed Dr. Doom is the son of a former Prime Minister of Australia?

Fun Fact: Julian McMahon is in fact Sir William McMahon who was one of Australia's Prime Ministers.

His whole country should be wiped off the face of the earth for his god awful portrayal of Kurruptions favorite supervillain! Better yet invaded by Doombots and rechristined Latveria! So what if there's already a Latveria!?

Question of the Day:

There's already a Latveria?

I thought they made that up. I know of a Latvia. but Latveria? Are you sure kurruption>