Question of the Day

A couple weeks ago I went to see DragonForce, a progressive speed metal band, in this out-of-the-way town in the Netherlands called Groeningen. They're inhumanly skilled, the show was a lot of fun, and in the frenzy one of my contact lenses was knocked out. Partly it was more fun because I didn't have a ticket, and I had to stand outside asking Dutch people if anyone had an extra ticket. And I don't know Dutch. Eventually, one group had been waiting for a guy who didn't show, so I bought that ticket and found my friends who'd been bummed that they could go in and I couldn't. And the venue was a sort of arts center, wherein there was also a classical music concert the same evening.

I have never been to an awesome concert. The last concert I went to was The Allman Brothers, and they played neverending guitar solos with acid trip imagery on the big screen. :/

Poison and KISS at the same concert...yeah, yeah, i know they are old bands.....but my wife and i love the music....And being totally blitzed out of our minds, jamming to the metal, was also a whole lot of fun too.....heh

Pink Floyd at Giants Stadium 1994 was my favorite because it happened about the time my friends and I were getting our licenses and could go to the shows on our own.

And, most recently, the Dropkick Murphys at the Nokia Theater in Times Square, NYC 2006 because it was the first time I got my ass kicked at a show since college.

I think it was about 99 or 2000 but I went with my brother and some friends to the Up in Smoke Tour in Phoenix Arizona, I'm not a druggy, I'm more of a wino, but I'll be damned if that wasn't the first time I ever got high! Devin the Dude stole the show, and damn females were taking their top off, it was classic! Afterwards we had the munchie and luckily found an open chinese all you can eat place!

Question of the Day:

Why even bother getting out of bed?

When the weather turns cold I find it very hard to come up with an answer to this question. Sadly, I always do what's expected of me, so my sense of duty is what gets me moving in the morning. Not much else can.

Question of the Day:

Who's your favorite author?

It used to be Kurt Vonnegut, but now I'm hooked on Christopher Moore. He most recently wrote A Dirty Job, but my favorite is The Stupidest Angel: A Tale of Christmas Horror. It has zombies, angels who idolize Spider-Man, and a talking fruitbat who wears sunglasses. It's hard to go wrong with a combination like that.

Wow...sounds like an interesting read.

I really dont know who my favorite author is, but one of my favorites is Eric Nylund (the Halo books).
You would think a book about a game would be kinda crappy, but they are actually very well written. I cant wait to pick up the third Halo book (his second), Ghosts of Onyx.

Oh, and I have to mention Tom Clancy too.

Question of the Day:

Who's your favorite artist?

I have to go with Andy Warhol. He has a museum in Pittsburgh that is a ton of fun.

Roger Federer?

Well, if you don't think an athelete can be considered an artist, then I'll go with Andrei Tarkovsky, the legendary yet relatively little-known Russian filmmaker.

If you don't think a filmmaker can be considered an artist, then you're visually dead inside!

I've asked favorite artist? Really? I wouldn't be surprised be actor or author, but artist? Wow. Sorry about that.

Question of the Day:

Can you think of a source of original questions to ask?

My repitition in this thread indicates I don't. And I don't want to turn this thread into a series of depressing and/or annoying hypothetical questions like: If you had to choose who would live....