Oblivion

Yes, I'm doing the aid for Bruma Quest where I have to shut a Gate for each city and it's frustrating so such a crazy degree...

I didn't know there was one per city. Crap. I couldn't rescue the idiot I found before (knights of the thorn quest) he was beat down by the baddies in record time. They were on the floor quicker than a dress on prom night. That's what I get for focusing on just a few quests.

I am a master alchemist, though. I can make potions with only one ingredient now. It takes the top one from their list of attributes, but I'm in the money now! I can grab some flowers, whip up some potions and sell them for mad money (like I don't already have $25,000 on hand.)

Spuds, I just passed the Bruma Gate quest. You're right about it sucking. Whenever I shut down the random gates I like to take shortcuts and either sprint past some enemies or pick them off strategically. These idiots like to charge ahead and start a fight with everything in existence. The Captain of the Guard drew 5 Daedra down on me! Then he fell "unconscious" and I was left to kill them. Fortunately, I have a ring that shields me 100% from electric attacks, and my natural Dunmer ability to resist fire coupled with a fire helmet shields me 100% from fire.

Yeah, I just started the Allies for Bruma quest. Sounds like its really annoying.
Since closing each gate only gets you guards, I wonder if its easier to just do the Great Gate by myself...

It probably is. I mean, I'm level 26 and I can kill 3 guards at once. Yeah, sure, it'd be nice to command a million soldiers, but they'd all probably die right off the bat, or at least in the first couple fights.

I'm about level 37 and it seems like not only are the baddies getting heavier and their weapons/armor nastier, but they are more numerous. Before, it was pretty typical to have one or two to fight at once. Now an Oblivion gate will pound me with3-5 if I'm not careful.

most assuredly when it comes to group battles. But what I don't know about taking on a Daedra. A suggestion: get some alchemy equipment and training, find some stuff to make some poison (nightshade works well), and poison your bow shots and weapons. I got through many a battle that way.

don't pick on the new guy on his first post, Spuds. You're right, but you don't have to say it. He has the right to be wrong. And pasty, I can sit on my plush leather couch and play my 360. What kind of chair do you sit on while hovering over your keyboard and mouse?

Hehe...with my 360 I can keep my lazy butt in bed...
Anyway, I just got the skeleton key, and its the best item I've ever gotten.
If any of you haven't gotten it yet, get it ASAP!

I'm currently in the Paradise realm. So far, it's pretty easy, but I know it's about to hit sucksville. I've decided to plow through the main quest so I can take my time with the others without having to deal with the stupid random oblivion gates.

They are aggravating. I understand making it a hellish nightmare of a place, but really does it have to be the same every time? Why not mix up the environments? Or how about some different daedra? I can kill those spider ones with three power swings of my mighty sword.

Darth_Jonas said:
They are aggravating. I understand making it a hellish nightmare of a place, but really does it have to be the same every time? Why not mix up the environments? Or how about some different daedra? I can kill those spider ones with three power swings of my mighty sword.

And the dim, red lights hurt my eyes. Plus, I'm tired of passing doors because they look just like the disgusting rocks in there. Why couldn't there have been an icy Oblivion pocket dimension. Or, for the full Star Wars effect...a frost Oblivion, a desert Oblivion, a swamp Oblivion and a forest Oblivion.

I havent even seen spiders yet. But I have my conjuration at 100 so I can summon pretty much anything now. My strongest is the frost atronach (I didnt want the spider and I couldnt find the storm atronach).
But I think the most depressing thing is when youre riding on your house enjoying the scenery, then the sky turns red and you see a giant flaming gate...
Plus I'm starting the Allies for Bruma quest so I'll be seeing them a lot...