Oblivion

Todd, you can rank up in armorer easy. Just repair everything. When you beat someone, take their stuff and repair it. It took no time at all for me to get over 50.

I might have to try that, Scribe. I love the game, but I hate the Oblivion gates. If there's a way for me to get through them and get on to the fun stuff, I'm all for it. How many pieces of armor did it take to go full invisible?

Darth_Jonas said:
I might have to try that, Scribe. I love the game, but I hate the Oblivion gates. If there's a way for me to get through them and get on to the fun stuff, I'm all for it. How many pieces of armor did it take to go full invisible?

It depends. If you can fill grand soul gems, you can cast an enchantment of 20% (or 25%, maybe) constant effect Chameleon. Grand souls will limit you to four or five pieces of armor.

Lesser souls yield smaller enchantments. My entire "Elven Armored Suit of Hiding" is made up of two rings, an amulet, armor, shield, boots and a helm because I did this much earlier in the game than I probably should have (one of the reasons I'm only level 19 even though I bought this game on its release date).

I suggest definitely going with Greater and Grand souls, so you don't have to carry much stuff. Azura's gem should be helpful if you took that daedric quest...I think. I haven't enchanted anything with it.

Oh, "constant effect" is an option that you see during the enchanting process. Of course, make sure you know the "Chameleon" spell as well.

I haven't dabbled in enchanting enough it seems...there is much more to do!

If you've bought the wizard's tower mod, you can enchant in the comfort of your own home.

the "constant effect" is optional? I thought it was just a given when something is anything other than a weapon. I will have to find a good chameleon spell.

The key to leveling up is to work on your major skills. If they all deal with fighting, then you might have difficulty leveling up if you're constantly sneaking around.

Man I am really loving this game.
The only thing I used to enchant is the sigil stone from the first oblivion gate.
Oh yeah, and where is the fighter's guild?

Yeah I just found one...
I couldnt find any in imperial city though.
BTW, do you guys remember the sidequest in Chorrol where you have to find the countess' painting? I talked to all the suspects and found the paint stains, but I have no idea what to do now.

Everybody talks about that tower, and you have to go into the hatches to the bottom floor, and you'll find an easel with stuff on it. You then go into that black woman's room, and look through her stuff and you'll find painting supplies. Then you go into the dining hall and look at the floor around the table on the rug for paint streaks (you may need to do that first, though). It's the black woman who did it, and you can make her confess if you persuade her into liking you. You can turn her in and get some gold or tell the countess you dunno who it is, talk to the thief again and she'll make you a one-of-a-kind, useless painting to put in your house.

yeah, that part was annoying. I have a tip as well. Whenever you're killing a zombie, be sure to step back as soon as the purple mist comes out of them (upon death of the undead thingie). If you don't, you get astral vapors which keeps your magicka from regenerating. I did this but didn't have enough stuff in my inventory to whip up some cure disease potions.

I did make it to the palace during the Ultimate Heist quest. (I didn't really get to play last night, but did get to advance that far.) I wonder if stealing this elder scroll for this mission will tie into elder scrolls 5? Which you know they'll make after this one was so successful.

After I finished the quest I thought the countess would sell me a house for much cheaper, but she wanted 20,000 for it... So I got mad and stole her Varla stone. lol
Where do they sell really cheap but not too crappy houses?

An speaking of stealing, the robe and hood the dark brotherhood give you are really helpful.
Even if their base is kinda creepy, especially the first time you go there and you hear the whispering...

silent_storm said:
After I finished the quest I thought the countess would sell me a house for much cheaper, but she wanted 20,000 for it... So I got mad and stole her Varla stone. lol
Where do they sell really cheap but not too crappy houses?

An speaking of stealing, the robe and hood the dark brotherhood give you are really helpful.
Even if their base is kinda creepy, especially the first time you go there and you hear the whispering...

In Anvil on the West Coast, there's a quest to own a nobleman's house. You'll need about 5000 in gold to get started on it as well.

When you become the head of the Thieves Guild, instead of getting a constant flow of money, you get a house in the Garden of Dareloth.

Any guild you join will have a spot for you to sleep, but if it's a place to store your swag, then I suggest keeping just one house. I do have to travel back to Anvil to store my new loot, but it beats trying to figure out where I put that Daedric Warhammer...

I also like the Gray Cowl of Nocturnal. That has to be one of the most useful things I own. I also discovered a limit to Shadowmere. He can only carry so much stuff. I used him for a portable storage chest for too much stuff. He wouldn't move. I could get in the saddle and turn around, but his legs were locked. When I did finally unload him, he walked away as if to say "idiot, I'm a horse, not a mule."

I beat the Thieves guild before I did anything, so I got the Gray Fox's house and have been using it as my main loot dump.

And here's a use for the Cowl you might not have known, Jonas. If you commit a crime as the Gray Fox, the crime adds to HIS bounty, not yours. Therefore, you can kill guards and it'll add 1000 to the Fox's bounty, not yours. It goes on like that. As you probably noticed, though, guards will chase you down when you wear the cowl.

Yeah, I love that about the cowl. The part I don't like, though, is that guards will spot me and come running from a mile away if I'm not careful.

The foolish mistake I made last night was to go into an Oblivion gate thinking I'm just gonna bust in and cut'em up. I can take one or two with no real problems. But when I walked into a room of 4... I was humbled. I might have been able to do it if I pulled out all the stops, but it was better if I picked them off one by one.