Kurruptions Rants

I've got a rant for ya, and this seems the best place to do it.

I've been checking in on some news and I see where an opera has been cancelled in Germany. No big deal, I'm not in Germany and I wouldn't go see an opera anywhere. But this particular opera was cancelled because they were afraid it might "upset" the Muslim community. They have a good reason to think that too. One scene has several heads brought in and presented to a character. One of those heads belonged to Muhammed (or Mohammed or whatever). They thought that might not be received well.

Ya think??!?! People were killed and buildings burned over a friggin' cartoon. More buildings were burned and a nun killed because the Pope illustrated the seriousness of taking religion lightly by quoting a 14th century emperor saying Muhammed had commanded their faith to be spread by the sword. (Which was a historical quote which quoted something actually said by Muhammed.)

So, would the international Muslim community get a little upset over that opera? You bet they would! I say go for it. In fact, open the opera in several countries like Russia, China, and North Korea. Let's see what happens with you mess with the guys that don't play by the same rules we do here in the West (aka civilization). Think our CIA and military have "questionable" interrogation methods? They invented torture!

Nobody shot a slut when Madonna portrayed herself on a cross earlier this month. No ephigies of Mad Max were burned when the Jews got upset over Mel Gibson's "Passion of Christ". Get a grip, smoke some weed, and lay off the caffeine!

Why do we have to take this crap?

Oh. I forgot. We're the infidels.

kwilson said:
What song and by whom?

Mix Tape by Butch Walker. And kurruption, no it isn't a country song. I don't like country.

And Darth, have you seen the South Park that poked fun at Family Guy? I thought that had the best, yet least politically correct, explanation for why radical Islam exists.

Basically, Family Guy gets ready to show an episode with Mohammed in it. Muslims get angry and prepare to attack. South Park people freak out. Cartman goes to Fox to try to stop FG. (He claims to do it for the sake of the people, but he just hates FG). Kyle tries to stop him. They have a funny but too long Peter vs giant chicken parody fight. Cartman finds out that the FG writers are manatees and choose ideas by picking random idea balls in their tank (big wtf there)... Kyle gets Fox to keep the episode on the air. Terrorists retaliate not with bombs, but with a poorly drawn cartoon with cutouts of Bush, other Americans, and Jesus crapping all over the place or something...

Yeah....

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. I am not sure of Silent's take on the episode. While his description was fairly accurate as to events that happened on the two episodes (it was a two parter), his writing suggests that the episode was not good. This could not be further from the truth. The two episodes were absolute genius. I loved South Park's rips on Family Guy and I am a huge Family Guy fan as you all know. I can't watch FG these days without thinking about the manatees. Perfect. Just perfect. Now if you don't like South Park, then you wouldn't have liked the episodes anyway, because it was Matt and Trey at their finest.

Anyway, the aspect of the episode I was referring to is when the kids ask Ms. Garrison why the radical Muslims are so upset. The gist of the joke, and now it might not communicate the hilarity of the delivery mind you, is that Ms Garrison claims that the radical Muslims are upset because their beliefs say you can't have sex or masturbate, and the places they live in are surrounded by sand. That is what I wanted to relate to Darth's comment above about how the radical muslims need to relax.

ah, now I understand what tickled your funny bone. Personally, I think one day we'll discover that there are natural deposits of caffeine in their drinking water. Currently we pay farmers not to grow food, so let's replace the corn crops with weed. Then we'll ship it over there and hand it out. Not that I'd partake myself (I cherish the few braincells I do own). Soon, they'll be as laid back as Johnny Chong. Oil-for-Weed. That's going to pass through the UN faster than salad through Asylum's bowels.

Whoa hold on Wijg! I never said I hated the episode, I actually liked it!
I was just trying to make the summary neutral and precise or something...
I do think that the Kyle/Cartman fight was a little too long, but it was funny, and the muslims retaliatory drawing was meant to be poorly drawn. And it was a good (2) episodes.
And I forgot about the whole Mr/Ms (whatever he is now) Garrison joke.

Darth, if only we had your kind of genius in the positions of power that could actually make it happen. And Silent, we're cool then.

President sounds nice. Then let's get this whole border patrol issue resolved. I'm taking over Mexico. We're starting the American Empire. Canada will be easy. We'll have the Western hemisphere within 3 years. Then through economical methods, the rest of the world will swear allegiance so they can get food (because they'll all have the munchies), medication, financial support from us. But they get signed up for taxes, must participate in our military, and smoke more weed. You know those wonderful chemical warheads we've designed? Load'em up with MaryJane and spread the love. Oh, and we'll add something addictive to it (like coke did with cocaine).

That speech brought tears to my eyes. lol
But did Coke really do that? Do they still do it? And how did they avoid any kind of punishment for it?

Yes, they did do that in their early days (hence the name), but that was before they really found out the ramifications of it. Coke really did make you feel good. As soon as it was deemed illegal and dangerous, they dropped it. It was in a very diluted state, but was definitely addictive. They also used subliminal advertising before that too was deemed a no-no.