How old were you when you first got into gaming?

I couldn't figure out how old I was, but I was still in primary school when I began gaming and it got that mean that there are days when I would be at the gaming house when I ought to be in school. It got so serious that I had to stop going to the game house when I discovered that my results at school were now being affected. But that never made me stop playing at weekends.

I was around 9 or 10 years old when my parents decided to try this 'gaming' thing. The PS2 had been out for a few years by then and the PS1 and Nintendo 64 were already old news so they were cheaper to get, and my parents decided to buy both for us kids so we'd try it.

We were hooked.

That's when I played Ocarine of Time for the first time, I was obsessed with it and I think it was the reason why I became a gamer in the first place, though I also have to thank Bomberman Hero, GoldenEye 007 and that one Inuyasha game for PS1, I was obsessed with it.

I reckon I had played some arcade games (mainly pinball though) before getting into console gaming back in the early 90's, and like most of my age group it was via NES and the SMB/Duck Hunt dual cartridge. Afterward have been playing pretty much on a weekly basis at least, although I did switch to mainly PC gaming at some point.

I am not sure what my exact age was when I first got into gaming but I think I was 7-9 years old when I played a lot of games in game amusements like World of Fun and Quantum. I was really into arcade games, video games like Marvel Vs. Capcom, Tekken 1-2, Metal Slug and even Dance Revolution. Almost most of the day I am playing in these amusements.

I played a lot most of the day to the point where I realized that I can finish a game in just a single token. I have memorized back then the combos for King of Tekken and how to air combo my opponent in Marvel Vs. Capcom using the character of Chun-Li and Wolverine. Replying to this post already is making me nostalgic. Those were the days that made me realize that while you're still a kid, enjoy the most out of it.

I was about 10 as well. It was probably that age that I first really understood the fun of them, and I guess by then I'd developed a bit of a competitive nature, too! My cousins and I used to play the old Nintendo games and then as things like Xbox and Playstation came out we got into those too. I feel like my kids are probably going to be the same - they already seem pretty competitive so I'm sure they'll enjoy and appreciate the fun of gaming too...my husband is already trying to get them interested in all things gaming!

I remember when I first played the Nintendo games when I was 10 years old and it was super Mario, sonic, mortal Kombat and didikong racing. I was fanatic of these games and made me played it over and over again. I was been addicted to these games because it really makes me happy and very contented for the whole day. During that age I realized how exciting Nintendo games and really helps me a lot to not feel bored during no classes or weekend. I feel a lot of happiness during those times because it was my first time to experience the world of gaming which is full of fun and very entertaining. Until now when I played those games, it brings back the memories when I was 10 years old.

I was 3 years old back then when my Father introduces Super Mario Bros.to me. We used to play a lot back then. He is also a good gamer. To my Father, may you rest in peace. I miss you so much and I will always be thankful for everything that you have done for me. I love you.

I was 9 years old when I got my first game box which was Nintendo, I really enjoyed joked the box because I was so glued to playing Mario on it this gaming box didn't only kept me indoors but improved my imagination over time, reflex is another thing I would say I got from the game how to think fast and out to make two moves before the action calls for it. The ninja turtle is another game I really put more time into but has time goes on advancement came in and it was just like it's all an old box the need for new and improved gaming box sets in so I asked for a new gaming box which was Sega, it was fun dough but my first experts mind blowing.

I was 10 years old and my parents bought me my very first PC with StarCraft installed on it, and I was just instantly hooked on the game. It was really good that I didn't play any other game until about 3 years later.

Ah, I remember the days of wee little Denis_P booting up his very first game console.

It was 1996 and I was four years old at the time. The Nintendo 64 had just come out, so while my cousin was playing in glorious 64-bits, I received his Super Nintendo as a hand-me-down.

Needless to say, little four year old me had nothing to complain about. Up until that point I had never played any sort of video game, so even though the Super Nintendo was already at the end of its run, I was more than happy to play it. And play it I did, day after day, month after month, year after year. To this day, the Super Nintendo is still my favorite console and I replay many of my favorite classics on the regular.

In particular, Super Mario World was the first title I every played. It was at that point that I knew, video games were the thing for me.

I was about 8 years that's like 30 years ago and I had my first game from my granny and it was my 8th birthday. I did start with super Mario.

I was probably around 8 years old. It was a fun time. The internet wasn't so prominent back then. So you only had a few games to choose from. That made it easier to find the best games since you're not overloaded constant releases of various games from many developers. It's what made classics so memorable.

My first video game was Super Mario and I was 7 years old when I played this game. Until now, I still want to play this game. There is a lot of similar games at playstore that you can download. I am also glad that you can find Super Mario on Youtube. This game is very memorable and it reminds me of my childhood.

I think I was around 8 years old. My dad brought me to his office on a Saturday to babysit for me while doing overtime work. While at his office he seated me into one PC AT terminal and gave me a stack of diskettes. I remember playing Archon, PACMAN and lode runner all day.

I do remember playing computer games for the very first time when I was in 5th grade. I think I was around 10 years old at that time. I was influenced by my childhood friend and the first computer game I have ever played is Battle Realms. As of today, I still love to play this game on my PC.

I was around 11 when I was introduced to the world of gaming. It happened when I went for a camp with my friends and one of the boys decided to teach me to play a game. I remember staying up all night as I was engrossed in the game. Those were really good memories and I still feel nostalgic when I remember them.

My first game was a Gameboy and that was about age 6 or 7. Then I played others like Mario Bros, contra force, tank, mortal kombat and so on. I also played soccer on Sega but never enjoyed it. Contra force was my favorite back then because of the graphics and the fact that it allows multiple players. Each stage comes with a new exciting challenge which makes it interesting. Smith was my favorite character because he's got some really good set of weapons.

I honestly cannot remember. Since my first ever memories, I can remember being involved with video games. While I don't exactly recall the names, there were colorful TV games, often not in my native language. I used to push buttons on the controllers and the keyboard and see how things would change on the screen. Then I remember playing old racing games and the first GTA? Easy times with simple games...

I got into gaming when I was 7 years old, and the first game I played was super mario on our play station.

I can’t remember my age when i was first introduced to gaming but I remember i was in the third grade when i first encountered mario on the game boy color.

It was new to me it intrigued me why is this character moving with just pressing buttons so when i played it IT WAS LOVE AT FIRST TOUCH about gaming. And then my neighbor has an arcade machine that’s when i was addicted to it playing until night time getting scolded by my parents because of games.

I’m not that addicted now but i still enjoy gaming.