How old were you when you first got into gaming?

The very first game I got was Scooby Doo and it was on Nintendo Gameboy Advance SP. I still remember my parents giving it to me on Christmas. I am not completely sure how old I was when they game it to me but I can guess that I was around five or six years old.

I was 7 or 8 when i got my first game system, but I can remember playing Nintendo when I was 4 or 5! I first actual addiction was at 14 with Ultima Online on the computer and I have been playing MMORPG's ever since! The ability to log into another world and create a charater, toon, or avatar (which ever you prefer calling them) and create their background story and personality was and is my favorite part of playing an online MMORPG. I also love playing Call of Duty Black Ops online with other people that is fun and enables you to meet new people and make friends.

I can't remember the exact age I was but my first computer was a spectrum, so that going back some years, and then I advanced to the NES. Since then I haven't looked back having pretty much every console that's ever been released since, right up to the PS4 and the XBOX ONE.

I was about 16-17 when I really got into gaming. I played video games before, but mostly single player games, which I didn't really enjoy. The game that got me into gaming was Call of Duty 2 multiplayer.

I was about 8 years old when i first got into gaming, i was playing Runescape for the first time together with a friend of mine. Oh do i wish to relive those days again wondering what "bread" ment.

I think I was around 7-8 years old when I first got into gaming. I remember my brother and I were very much obsessed with playing Super Mario Brothers back then. Good old memories. :)

I think I was 5 years old when I first got my Sega Genesis. The only game I had was Sonic the Hedgehog and I loved it. Although I apparently had anger issues at a young age, because one part of the game that I couldn't beat upset me so much that I yanked the Sega off the t.v. and it broke. A few months later I got the N64 for Christmas and this time I got three games. Madden 64, Mario Cart, and one other I can't remember. I loved Madden so much back. I felt like I was really in the game. I got really good at it and used to play my uncle all the time. Now a days I have no clue what to do in a Madden game.

I was in 5th or 6th grade. My older brothers were really into this MMORPG game called Ragnarok and they invited me to play with them. I've never had the experience of playing in a netcafe before nor did my brothers every invite me play a game with them so I was really excited. Ragnarok became the first game I got addicted to, my first foray in joining guilds and my first beloved character. I had great times with it, it's still on even after 11 years but the players are declining, private servers prevail and it's closing down in my country but still the good times remain in memory.

I think I was around 6 or 7 when I got into gaming. I remember it was with Jazz Jackrabbit 2, a sidescrolling game. It was great fun, and in my humble opinion, better than most Mario games. I mean, it was a rabbit with a gun! What's not to love?

I don't even remember not playing video games. My older brother used to play and I would stand there and watch him. Whenever I got the chance I myself would play. He had a PlayStation 1 just a little after it got released, but I had some great memories on that thing.

I didn't grow up with a lot of technology or electronics so I got into gaming really, really late. I think I played my first proper video game only a year ago and from that point it was a spiral. I started with Dragon Age and I absolutely loved it so I played the sequels too. After that, I kind of just went off what was popular (Bioshock, Skyrim, etc). Now that I actually know what I like in terms of gaming, I've definitely expanded my horizon.

I grew up around the PC and mobile phones, so... ever since I was born lol. Though to be fair I only used a computer when I was 6 years old, and I only used a mobile phone when I was 14 and had to buy a cheap Nokia one using a year's savings lol. In any case, gaming was pretty much my favorite pastime ever since I was a child, and I'm so grateful that I was born in this era so that I could experience gaming grow the way it has. I find that my younger siblings are not as amazed by the extremely detailed graphics of new games as I am, because they didn't experience the older generations of games (and don't even feel the need to). They have no idea how far game development has gone since those days, so they don't appreciate that aspect of games enough. Kinda pisses me off considering I play specifically on my 42" TV screen so that I can enjoy the graphics to the maximum, where they say they notice no difference. Kids these days :p

I got my first Game Boy Color when I was 9, and my first game was Pokemon Yellow. Before that I used to play Sega Saturn at my friends' houses. Ah, good times...

I can't remember how old I was but since I was very young I would play N64 with my sister. It was funny because I remember we only ever had one game - Mario Kart 64. That game never got old to us though, and we would play it over and over, sometimes staying up really late. I remember the tradition was always to play through all the cups til we reached that final animation, then we would hit up the multi player balloon levels. Those were really fun. Alot of the times we'd go into a map and just set off a bunch of shells and try to dodge em. I have very fond memories of that game. I'd also go out and rent a ton of games from a local store. Goldeneye, Smash, Mario Party (which I didn't understand as a kid), a 3D pac-man puzzle game, Pokemon Stadium 1&2. I ended up buying all of those for myself a few years back. I seriously love the N64

I wasn't that old, as my grandfather already had an NES when I was born. I played it a lot then eventually by the time I was able to play by myself I was given a Nintendo 64. I can't remember what my first game was but I know I played Donkey Kong Country so I think I will consider that as my first game. I loved the game on both platforms like Pokemon Stadium, Donkey Kong Country, Goldeneye, and many others. I do that my first Gameboy game was Pokemon Red.

I started playing video games at 6 years old. Back then it was the Atari 2600. Before the NES and SEGA. There was Atari and a slew of other companies that failed to make a splash. Atari made a big splash but also crashed the market with terrible games.

At the age of 8 I got my first console named SEGA. At the age of 10 it was Sony Playstation. At the age of 12 I got my PC.

As i live in a third world country, gaming never became mainstreamed. My father at only 20$ bought a unnamed third party video game console which could play Mario games using cartridges. I got hooked instantly at the age of 14 I bough my first legit console, the Nintendo DS, and thus began my gaming career.

I had a super nintendo when I was 6 or 7 years old, and that was when I fell in love with games. We had donkey kong country for SNES and it had all the levels unlocked, but one day my sister did something and deleted them all...god I hated her growing up lol

I was about 11 years old when I started playing video games. My first three game consoles were the Sega Genesis, the Sony PlayStation 1, and the Nintendo 64. I had the most classic games on the Play Station such as Crash Bandicoot, Spyro the Dragon, and Syphon Filter. I used to play a lot of Donkey Kong 64 on my Nintendo 64, along with 007 Golden Eye. With my Sega Genesis, I owned all 3 Streets of Rage games, Mickey Mania, Sonic Spin ball, and Sonic the Hedge Hog 1, 2, and 3.