How old were you when you first got into gaming?

scleigh215

Registered
Sep 21, 2015
I remember getting my first console back when I was about 10 years old. It was a Sega Genesis. My siblings and I played the crap out of that thing. There was no game that we wouldn't play, no matter how boring it seemed to other people. I loved that console and while my original childhood one has been lost in shuffle, I have replaced it recently for nostalgia's sake.

I would definitely say that is when I first got into gaming because from there, we got a new console every year. Now, as an adult, I prefer PC gaming, but my passion for it hasn't waned at all.

When did you first start gaming?

I was around 9-10 as well, and the first system my parents purchased for me was the Nintendo. I grew up with all the Nintendo classics such as Batman, Bettlejuice, Castlevania, Zelda, Mario, and Ninja Turtles. Ever since then I was addicted to the Nintendo gaming systems. Although with times gaming has changed, but I like the option Nintendo offers to purchase and download classics straight to your console. I enjoy playing classics with my kids and introducing them to the evolution of Nintendo.

I was about 7 when I was first introduced to video games. I can even remember the first game I played thanks to my dad buying it-Mortal Kombat for the Sega Genesis. That was a fun game to play, especially with my favorite characters Sub-Zero and Sonya.

I don't think I ever got much into the whole gaming bit. Maybe, because of the fact that you have to be quite good in order to be a gamer. I wasn't blessed with that kind of hand-eye coordination and dexterity. I still love beat em up games though, love watching experienced gamers battle it out.

I don't think I'd be able to pinpoint my exact age, but it was three or four. I've owned a gaming console in one form or another since my earliest memories. My earliest gaming memory is playing Mario Bros. on the Atari 2600, probably not that long after it first came out. Might have played games before that and just don't remember anymore. So, yeah, pretty old.

I don't remember much, but I think I was around 3 or 4 years old when I started gaming. I used to play games like Road Rash, Need for Speed II, Wolfenstein 3D, Age of Empires II, SkyRoads, Dangerous Dave, etc. in those days. I've always been a PC gamer.

I was four. My dad had a Nintendo, and I would watch him while he played Maniac Mansion. Then he started getting games for me, like Ducktales and Mickey's Mousecapades. Before long, I was hooked! Went from that to Playstation 1 with Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon, and the rest is history.

I started off on the Sega Genesis as well. I was six. I LOVED Sonic the Hedgehog. Like OP, I would play just about anything. As I got older, video games only got better and better. I was amazed when the Sega Dreamcast came out because the graphics were incredible!

Then came Xbox with Halo, the PS2 with virtually every game ever (Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, pretty much everything), and the PS3 (COD!).

I think I was 8 years old. My first video game was Super-Mario and up to date I never get bored with it. That was way back before the play-station and I remember we used cartridges instead of cd's.

When I was 6, a friend of mine got his first console, which was the N64. We played MarioKart and Conker’s bad fur day for hours after school. That was the reason I started gaming, but my first own console was The Playstation, since then I bought every Playstation, including the PS4.

Good question, eventually with 4 or 5 I was already playing and loving it. True, it's addicting, but I think we learn a lot with games as well.

I was 8 or 9 years old, and I was into both the Playstation and PS2. Timesplitters was always my favorite game back then :)

I used to play tetris on my hand held gaming device when I was probably about 7 or 8 years old, I got in to serious video gaming only when I was 12 or 13.

I remember getting my first console back when I was about 10 years old. It was a Sega Genesis. My siblings and I played the crap out of that thing. There was no game that we wouldn't play, no matter how boring it seemed to other people. I loved that console and while my original childhood one has been lost in shuffle, I have replaced it recently for nostalgia's sake.

I would definitely say that is when I first got into gaming because from there, we got a new console every year. Now, as an adult, I prefer PC gaming, but my passion for it hasn't waned at all.

When did you first start gaming?

For Christmas when I was 5, Santa brought my brother and I a Super Nintendo console with 1 game, Super Mario Brothers. We played as a family, sharing turns. My favorite games to play on the SNES were Super Mario Cart and Donkey Kong. If I had an SNES today I'd still pull it out to play those!

I remember being around 9 years old and playing the Sega Mega Drive and the first game was Sonic which had good graphics and you always had to think about your next move, as you could lose a life very easily by the enemies who would come and try to hit you. I remember playing the Nintendo system as well and Zelda was a great game and was well known for the story and also the boss battles in it, Mario was good as well and had good graphics and some things like jumping could be annoying at times. I started to play the Playstation game in 1999 and remember the Gran Turismo games and also Crash Bandicoot games which were enjoyable and also would play it with other people.

Those Sega and Sonic games were the best and they are still ok these days. They bring me back a lot of great childhood memories.

As young as 3 or 4 my mom would walk me to a nearby arcade where I'd play Mrs. PacMan, I remember some teenagers being impressed with one day and yelling "come look at this little kid!". I was probably about 5 or 6 when I played my cousin's Nintendo for the first time. Within 2 years my parents bought me a Super Nintendo that I played throughout childhood. At 14 I started playing MUDs and moved on to World of Warcraft when I was around 19.

I really don't know how old I was, but I was a very young kid. My parents got me into it with a NES. I mostly remember playing Super Mario Bros 3. Other than that, my memory is quite bad so it's all a blur...

My kids are insane today playing on the tablet, they love it and they are like transported to an alternative reality. :D

I was about 16 when I first started getting into games. But first it was Guitar Hero and things like that. Then I moved up to the more popular games.