The Wii Countdown

I will be getting the timer from my GS that is counting down the time also I have a timer on my myspace page, I CAN"T FREAKIN WAIT. I paid off everything but my Zelda and Wii-Mote

19 days till the flop and 2 more after that till Wii come to the reality that Sony sucks, MS blows and Spud will be sorry for ever talkin ****

spudly shut up, no one honestly cares for your opinion at all. and if u hate nintendo so much dont post on the nintendo forum.

All I can think is that everyone thought the DS was going to take second place to the PSP until a year after the DS came out and people were still trying to justify the PSP's cost.

It'll be the same case for the first year or two of the Wii: a couple great games that use the controller well, and heaps of third-party games that make poor use of it.

I'm inclined to agree with Jeff, actually, sort of. I think there will be a solid library of quality Wii games by spring of next year, but I think we will have to wade through a lot of crap as well. However, I've watched as Nintendo and Ubisoft have made major improvements in some of their games on how the Wii-mote is utilized (i.e. swordfighting in Red Steel and Zelda).

20 days.

Has anybody seen any TV ads yet? or even any billboards or posters or anything? I've just seen a little display card at the desk at my local EBGames.

there's some emo rock band concert that is celabrating the wii, but idk what it rele is and i dont care.360 commericals didn't start to appear tell the week of the launch date.

well we all know that emo and nintendo go like peanut butter and jelly, but there more in to that old school nintendo with the two bottons and the d-pad.

They're in it because that was a time when Men were Men and if you couldn't handle a game, you put it down and knew that when you came back you'd have to start from the beginning.

Of course, a game was usually only a couple hours long, full of repetitive level design, and had as much story as the back of a box of Pop-Tarts.

Ninetndo and emo sit that closely? If I'm that out-of-touch, than either this is a senseless adolescent generalization or I'm just old. And 21 isn't that old.

Heavy metal and 150cc Mario Kart? It's also like peanut butter and jelly. Rather, more like brie and fine wine, because it works on sublime levels of beautiful dreams spread onto the minds of men by unicorns and Autobots like so much butter.

listereo said:
All I can think is that everyone thought the DS was going to take second place to the PSP until a year after the DS came out and people were still trying to justify the PSP's cost.

It'll be the same case for the first year or two of the Wii: a couple great games that use the controller well, and heaps of third-party games that make poor use of it.
A better analogy would be the PS2. The PS2 was more expensive than the Dreamcast and Cube, and N64. $100 more expensive, in fact. And it showed up and completely RAPED EVERYTHING.

And yeah, come Spring or Summer 07, the Wii will probably have some solid exclusives. But unlike the 360, N64, Dreamcast, and every other good console out there, they Wii has NO notable exclusives at launch.

Last edited:
a lot of people bought the ps2 because of its dvd player wich was stupid cause it was a piece of shit. second dreamcast was shit, and so the new zelda, mario, wii sports, etc are not considered exclusive? oh of coarse! cause everyone knows that sony can pull it off! and come spring there is no news of what games are going to be exclusive or not, and another thing. what this wii did was make change the way we play games, so while all these third parties are puting out trash, at least the wii has something different then all the others.