Star Ocean: Till the End of Time

Yeah, the Bears Defense did kinda fall short in how they missed tackles, didn't put out almost any turnovers, and for some reason didn't double cover Smith. But I'm surprised that Carolina let in so many points themselves.

yeah, Carolina let a lot of points slip by. I think they underestimated Grossman. There were some shady calls too (like the one Panther TD that was called back and some of the other penalties that seemed to really help the Bears with their first downs).

i dont know. it's kind of a stretch. a teacher once had us make the comparison as to which was better knowledge to have -- art or football. i argued (despite my background) that football was more useful because you could walk into a bar and immediately get along with a bunch of people (i happen to not be a sports fan, but know the rules of football).

art on the other hand, is sort of "elitist" even though we try to escape that title. it is not something that you usually have much opportunity to discuss with people in day-to-day situations. sure Sure you might be able to impress some girl by talking about how a certain church exhibits stylings from a specific era, blah blah blah, but doubtful.

Very true, if you look at the depth you can go with art. However, I taught it to some high school students. Some of them were inner city that had the same notions of "what does this matter?" Once I got them to see things artistically, like paying attention to colors, how images affect people, how statements can be made, etc. they came to see more of the world. They found that there is much more to the world. Everything from how ads manipulate (or try to) to why certain colors match. Now I know some of it wound up helping them with some graffiti, but I think they walked away with something. I know for a fact that two of them focused their anger into their art.

Funny you compared it to football. As a project, I had them pick a commercial and list the different visual tools used to make the product appealing. The Superbowl was around that time, so many of the sportsfans chose beer ads, etc. We had a lot of fun with that one.