Nintendo Fails

We are talkin about controllers and such. System's are another story. But does it matter to you that your paying 50 bones for a controller that does nothing but be wireless. That's all the 360 controller does. It just sits in your hand and rumbles from time to time. 50 ones for the same thing over again is a scam. I'm sure the make them for about $10 and are making a profit of $40. Also the games sales are a scam. No game on the 360 ( maybe Oblivian ) is worth $60 and we all know it. It was a test to see if the cunsumer would pay the price for it. An we did.

....that is the problem. Nintendo is making it so that the console will be cheap, but they're going to make you double then triple the amount of money you put into it just because of the controllers and battery packs and all that other crap. And the reason that Microsoft is selling the controllers for $50 is because they're trying to not take a loss on the controllers, especially since the whole production vs revenue curve is still being pulled up by the cost of the manufacturing machinery. A price drop will come sooner or later.

Though, I do agree with you that the games are really not worth the extra $10. Especially since EA and Midway all do crap like the in-game advertising.

There will be a price drop on the 360 maybe this holiday? But i doubt it, hopefully by the time Halo 3 is coming out, or maybe a bundel pack or something? Who knows.

Yea the extra $10 is weak, Burnout Reveng is $39.99 now, and DW5 came out for the price of $39. Top Spin is $39.

But think about it they have to make the money some where. I mean memory cards and such is where they make the money. The system will be worth the $199 but also they may see small % of profit lost becuse manufacturing the Wii is costing them less. But hey it's Nintendo they can do what they want an get away with it. You know why because they make grade A products. If they make a mistake they come back with something to rectify it. Virtual Boy was crap, but They made peace by giving us great games on a new Gameboy. Unlike Sony who is taking a gamble on the $599 PS3 and you know it's a gamble?

PrinceLUDA21 said:
There will be a price drop on the 360 maybe this holiday? But i doubt it, hopefully by the time Halo 3 is coming out, or maybe a bundel pack or something? Who knows.

I doubt it. In fact, check the MG news.

Yea the extra $10 is weak, Burnout Reveng is $39.99 now, and DW5 came out for the price of $39. Top Spin is $39.

Yeah, but every system is going to have its budget titles.

Virtual Boy was crap, but They made peace by giving us great games on a new Gameboy.

For every stupid little innovation, though, Nintendo has just as many failures as successes. The N64 Transfer Pack? Gameboy Printer? GBA-GCN Link Cable? Virtual Boy? e-Reader? Failures that many popular games REQUIRED, like Pokemon Stadium, Zelda: Four Swords and Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire. That's the kind of crap I don't like.

Unlike Sony who is taking a gamble on the $599 PS3 and you know it's a gamble?
It isn't a gamble. Like I said, the PS3 is DEFINITELY GOING TO TURN A PROFIT. Defintitely.

In time Sony turn profit. I know they will, but I still think it's a gamble on betting the PS3 in being the BEST system ever and being number 1 in the market. Thats the gamble I speak of.

Yea budget titles are going to be ther, but Burnout came out at $59.99 and 3 months later it's down to $39.99 Kameo, King Kong, PDZ, and a few others are all around the $39, $49 price mark, am I right on this? COD is not even worth $59 and the game is great.

But like I said the failures may be more but the sucsess mean more and end up being what makes them what they are.

I did check the MG news, and a ton of other places. It will come maybe not much but it will come. I would like to see it around the the HALO events, MOVIE and Game. Like the Halo edition Green Xbox.

I'm a Nintendo loyalist, but I agree with Spuds, they're notorious for making you buy extra crap to play a game properly. Many GCN titles required a GBA, which I never had - I couldn't justify the expense.

Now at least I've got a DS, so when those kind of games come out for Wii, I'll be prepared. (And I feel as though the DS was worth the scratch, while the GBA wasn't really, for me, although I'm told it was a top notch doohicky, and I'm playing a few of its games on my DS.)

I think Spuds, that overall, since GCN, Nintendo has been producing successes pretty consistantly. They're on a roll, and I think it will keep up for at least the life of the Wii. By the way, I don't expect too many extra peripherals for the Wii, because the nature of its controller fills a lot of the needs that might arise. You could play a game like Donkey Konga with two Wii-motes, no actual drums needed, etc.

We'll see though. I usually avoid games that require extra peripherals (although Guitar Hero is so cool, I just might buy it). I don't really see the point of the gun attachment, as the Wii-mote can already behave as a gun. It's just a cosmetic difference looks like, and I think you'll be able to play games with or without it. As for the classic controller attachment. I think that it will be good and not too pricey (and definitely worth the price, unless you can use GCN controllers instead, then I doubt I'll bother).

Iwata said at the TGS that we'll see all sorts of new peripherals. I think we'll see probably a pretty high-concentration of this sort of crap like needing to have the e-Reader to catch the red/blue/gold/silver pokemon, or needing the GBA-GCN link cable for Colosseum.

And while, logically, the controller would diminish the need for peripherals, when it comes to Nintendo, money trumps logic.

And I think we'll end up seeing the classic controller being necessary for the downloadable games. And I wouldn't be surprised if we see Nintendo requiring it for SSBB. Now wouldn't that be a kick in the teeth?

I apologise that I didn't read every post before what I'm posting, but I got the jist of it.

I have my doubts on an AA battery being the way Nintendo will release the Wii-mote. The GBA SP and DS lite are rechargeable, and that's awesome. You can plug them into the wall and play them as well. It makes sense for Wireless to be on the wii-mote, but it also makes sense to plug it into the Wii for charging, and increased response capabilities that wired communications allow.

As for Battery life, the wii-mote is a much newer technology than the Wavebird. Sure it sends more information, and *logically* that should required more power, however optimization in the hardware can significantly reduce the power requirements. Heck, optimization in software alone can reduce the amount of power used (btw, make sure to install the most recent iPod updates... they can increase your battery usage). I used to have a portable CD-player that drained 2 AA batteries in 4 hours. I got one about 5 years after that that drained 2 AA batteries in 10 hours... and it even had MP3 capabilities.

Maybe, but I have precedent. Can you think of any portable electronics that use Blue Tooth and use AAs? Last I checked, cell phones, iPods, laptops and such don't.

http://www.apple.com/keyboard/

Also, it's not usually the bluetooth that is the problem. It's the OTHER things that the device is doing that drains the power. As an example, an earpiece to a cell phone: it's converting the audio data into digital data, and in the process using a compression algorithm to make the packets as small as possible so that the bluetooth can send as little data as possibel through the air.

Last edited:
Oh I agree. My SBA SP didn't have any wireless stuff and I still would have been upset had it used AA or AAA batteries.

But it doesn't mean that it won't work. And that it won't have a long enough battery life for how it operates.

Thing is, I've been using my 360 alot lately. Every 10-15 hours, using high-dollar Energizer batteries, they'd die. Lately, I've been using these dollar store batteries, and I bought 24 of them two weeks ago that get probably 8 hours. Me and my sister play hella hella DOA4 against eachother, both on wireless controllers, and we've got eight left.

The Xbox 360 controller doesn't have a speaker, blue tooth chip, motion sensor, pressure-sensitive buttons (I think the Wii has those) and another controller attached to it. Cmon, it's gonna eat batteries like nothing.

The poor WII.. For one the name.. Makes you feel kinda embarrised going to the store and asking for a WII.. Also Nintendos track record of CRAP games on their console doesnt help my decision on buying the console. Next, Nintendo ALWAYS tries some gimick to get people buying their consoles.. Remember Robbie!?!? The 360 has a strong hold on the market and will continue to do so. The WII is what Apple is to MS. Sure, it will sell, there are die hard Nintendo fans, who remember the good old days of their consoles.. But those days have come and gone, now all we have is a taste of the N64 and Cube.. The WII with all the gimicks, might just end Ninteno's run at the console market. They have not been able to compete and that surly will not change.

Now Nintedo is not going to go the way of Sega, and get out of the Hardware market all together as their Handheld division is very strong, but again not as strong as it used to be. It is no longer a Monopoly and their compeition is not NEOGEO, and Nokia.. Sony's PSP is by far a better handheld than the DS.. And with MS possibly coming into the handheld arena, it is no longer a Homerun for the Big N. They need to focus on their portables division and forget trying to compete with MS and Sony in the Console market. If they continue down this path for much longer, they might find themselves making third party kiddie games for the bigger consoles and portables.

Flame away fanboys!!! lol...

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR You know Stan I could get mad, flare up. Go on a Fanboy rampage. But i'm not i bigger than that. I may be one of the few fanboys left on the fourm an I intend to keep it alive HAHAHAHAHAHA. *cough* Anyway Your right about the Wii could put an end to NIntendo in the Home market. But as always its a dual blade, if it works then they will be the verything to help MS kick sony rectal Blu-Ray cheeks.

But when you enter into the handhelp arena the PSP falls far behind and we all know it. I'm not talking about specs, but in vaule of games. Quality is what sells the DS/LITE. The PSP made it's mistakes in the begening but it seems to be trying to do better. But tha failing of the UMD movies and lack of good games hurt Sony. While the DS has been doing fine. We all know in Japan the DS is huge, I mena it was the #1 and #2 selling systems in japan ranking in 3.9 million units sold. So the DS and Lite have sold well would not anyone say? I mena it's doing well over here, I have yet to see many sells of the PSP.

I was miffed at my n64, loved my ps2, never got a cube, loved my GBASP and NDS, and am super looking forward to the Wii. The PS3 price and the game selection for either the PS3 or Xbox360 aren't exciting me.