Hooked on Dofus

Free Dofus!

Free Dofus!

A patch is coming on Tuesday (if it's not delayed) that will give unlimited free play time for those who aren't paid & registered. The only catch is that free players are limited to one section of the map. But, if my little "journal" here about the game sounds interesting to anyone, now you can join and take as long as you wnat to decide if you like the game. If anyone joins up, look for me ingame, my Dofus name is the same as here.

Oh, and right now I'm at character level 32, fishing level 35 and fishmonger level 18.

Okay, so the update is here, though it was delayed a while. There is free play now, so if you haven't tried Dofus you should really give it a shot (http://www.dofus.com). Free play is limited to the Astrub village and surrounding areas but there's enough to do there to get a feel for the game. If anyone plays, let me know and we can meet up ingame.

Oh, and update... my character is level 33, fishing level 38, and fishmonger level 22. I also started a new character who is level 12 or so.

I don't know how you got to that level, but I'm still on 11! I'm trying to do these little quests and I can't find jack. And all the Level 6 Gobballs are whoopin my ass...

Yet keeps playing... (oh it's more than a designer drug allright)

hey try runescape thats really adictive to lol but i quiet and have a lvl 106 account *cough* *cough* taking bids lol

Miscellaneous notes:

Mining and selling the ore in Freebie Town Astrub is very profitable. Even though I'm not at the insane 3-second mining time that high level miners get, I can dig out a lot of ore quickly and haul it up to the marketplace.

People like mental rings. Some guy asked me to make one for him, it's a crafted ring that gives +11-20 intelligence that you can make at jeweller level 10. So I made a couple for that guy, one of them was a +20 which he wanted, and he bargained me down to $1500 for it. Turns out they can sell for more than $5000. So I made about 50 of them, put a couple +20's up in the market, they sold overnight. I put the +19's and 18's that I had up as well, we'll see if they sold today. Anything below +17 I can't be bothered to sell off, so if anyone wants free +15 mental rings, let me know.

At this point, I'm making money fairly quickly, even though the mental rings use a lot of resoruces. Here's how it breaks down:

The ring takes 5 iron ore, 5 copper ore, and 5 walnut wood. The walnut wood is about $3000 for 100 at the market, and I can sell iron ore for $30 and copper ore for $40. That means it costs $150 + $150 + $200 = $500 for ingredients. Since my success rate is about 58%, it realistically costs about $850 to make one. I can sell 30% of the ones I make for about $5000 each., which works out to about $1500 for each one I make. So, I'm making $650 on each one (much more if I'm less lazy and sell the worse ones), plus I'm levelling my job.

Considering that all I have to do for this is mine for fifteen minutes, run to the wood market and then to the jewlers, and I can make 40-60 of them (with 20-30 being successful and still earning job exp on the failures), it's pretty convenient.

uhm. i dont know if it was called that. it was blue. started out by pouring that into a little ring of nickel i made, then drilled into the center of the wax after it cooled, used all small saws and files to open up the center, bring in the outside edge (to specification...had sizes prior to starting). then it was a matter of putting in the designs.

when the wax phase was complete, the rings looked exactly as they do in the picture (minus the patina stain). using some heat, i attached them to little cones which connected to eachother, so that when it stood on end, it looked like a small "tree" which bore the two rings as fruit. i used what basically looked like a canned food can minus a top or bottom with vaseline around the edges of the inside...filled with a plaster of paris type substance...cant remember what that was called, but it was heat resistant obviously. i held the "tree" upside down in the mixture, sticking out the top slightly. in this way, the plaster formed all around the "tree". i let it dry over the weekend.

next, i pulled what i could of the tree off/out of the plaster (which i had remove from the "can"). the rest i melted out with a blow torch. next, the mold was secured to a sling cast, with the opening left from the ring tree butted up against some bits of silver i had bought. i heated the hell out of the silver till it was molten. in the meantime, the mold and the silver were sitting on what is called a sling. it was wound up real tight and locked. once the silver was completely molten, i released the brake.

spinning like a centrifuge, the silver was forced into the inner recesses of the mold, replacing the wax tree which used to reside there. after it spins out, the mold is held upside down and quenched, which breaks the mold from the temperature change. next, filing, sand-blasting, cutting the stems off the rings, sanding, etc. until finally it looks pretty again. oh yes and buffing of course. cant forget buffing, and the option of patinizing like i did. lot of work.