Hooked on Dofus

Explain more about this game if you can...if you come back that is.

Ms Pulchritude used to have the Diablo 2 rogue archer as her avatar. Welcome back. We have missed you on the forums.

Well thank you for such a warm welcome Wijg, and quite the memory there. I've been writing for MyGamer for a while, but I've been MIA for a bit since I relocated. But I'm back ;o) Check out the latest hardware review.

But yes, Dofus plays simiar to a Diablo II/Everquest game. You select a warrior from 11 different classes, male or female, and they range from the magic users to melee fighters. I was really impressed with the graphics although I'm not a big fan of the anime-type games, but it's good. You fight, level up, trade, meet people, go on endless amount of quests, and gain different professions (I'm currently trying to bake some bread to be a baker and make jewelry).

It doesn't take up a lot of processing speed, I was running it from my 1.8 ghz laptop. You get a free trial to download, I reccomend this one if you wanna try something new.

i actually looked at this game the last time it was advertised on the forums. but that was by a one-post wonder.

sadly, i am uninterested in any pay MMORPGs because i cant afford to spend money on that kind of gaming. or afford my time.

i am interested in a free one though. for awhile i was looking at various zombie web-based rpgs. i dont know why, but the idea of a zombie rpg just seems so fun.

Looking forward to that review. I agree GhostToast, I can't really afford time or money with these games, that's why I played the hell out of the 7-day free trial. I started to play the free MMORPG RuneScape despite the graphics, it grew on me. The way mold does though...

Yeah, there's a Mac OS9/X download.

I played Runescape for a while but it got a bit boring, and the interface sucked.

I'm doing the 7-day Dofus trial, and it's interesting. I picke dthe summer class, which seems pretty powerful for early on as you can summon monsters to take the heat for you. I picked up a crappy job by accident, not realizing you can only take 3. I like the tactical battles, we should all get together sometime, I wnat to see what multi-party battles are like. My nick there is BCampbell (duh), so add me to friends or whatever and see if I'm on... maybe I'll have time to play tonight.

I picked the Iop class, which relies completely on melee combat so I take quite the beating. And I took on the profession as Jeweler, like a moron. The Multi-fighter battles are great. As of 9:30am Eastern Time, I have 1 day and 2 hours left of my trial. My nick is Mnemosyne. I'll keep an eye out.

Okay so my Osamodas is level 20, and I have a bunch of equipment in a set that gives me bonuses. I actually paid for a month subscription to see how I like this game; it's alright, but I can see myself getting bored with it. I took the shoemaker job, which was okay but takes so long to level and requires some crazy amounts of items to use, so I dropped it. I don't know what job to take; I wnat to do alchemy but there's a quest to complete first. I want to do tailor, but that's near impossible. I may just do fishing for the hell of it, because it's pretty much the worst job in the game.

I'm trying to save up for a special that that lets me summon one more monter at a time, so with my hammer I can have three. I can summon a tofu every turn, so I could always have three of them out in battle. There are a couple of other things I'm trying to do too, I've been experimenting a lot with teaming up with people and stuff. It's an interesting game.