Hey guys!

The hotel provides a complimentary in room rap service. We set up speakers and a mixing table and 300 mics for the rapper and his posse. We wouldn't want anyone to not have a mic in case they need to say something. Sometimes we have to set up a special speaker phone in case the rapper has to literally phone it in.

Ok, so if you didn't buy all that, the hotel has a fair amount of meeting room space. We set up simple sound and projection systems for meetings. I did something similar to this in college, but it was more for entertainment events. I would love to learn more about audio engineering. This position, however, is just a temporary one until I finish the book and hopefully get it published. We shall see.

sweet, sooooooooooo, what's the book about, is it the story of your life, or the workings of mygamer, please don't say star trek fan fiction though, that would be devestating

Even better: it's a book about a guy who writes Star Trek fanfiction. Because this guy has no life, I have to go into a fair amount of detail regarding the stories he writes, seeing as that's all there is in the novel. So far it's 4374 pages. Riveting stuff man. Actually, it's the first book in, hopefully, a series of action/adventure stories. It would be classified as sci-fi because it takes place in a setting of advanced technology, but I would prefer that it was approached like The Dark Tower series, which I think resists genre classification. In the end, it is about a hero.

that sounds like something I would read, But I think you just had an epiphany on what you said about the person who writes the star trek books, add a dash of american splendor and I think you have yourself a pulitzer

anyways, seems like the road to 200 is going to be made just by me and you, Crystalus seems to have abandoned us agian (weeps like a little bitch) and demi only blesses us with her presence every now and then, oh well I welcome the challenge.

We have proven well our ability to post much nonsense. It should be a simple task. I have not yet seen American Splendor but I heard it got a lot of good press. Paul Giamatti has definitely taken the film world by storm these last few years. Good for him. He seems like a guy that put in his dues playing other roles. I am glad for his success. Hopefully he won't turn into a jerktar.

Jerktar is a Space Ghost reference. Space Ghost called Moltar that in one episode. I haven't seen the show in a long time. Sophomore year of college, one of my hallmates had a tape with a bunch of episodes. We spent many a lunch throwing SGC2C quotes back and forth, much as we have done with Family Guy.

With regards to Sideways, I read an article the other day about how Americans were drinking less beer and more wine and spirits. While I have not seen the movie, I am aware that it is about wine. It seems to have created a stir somewhat in that respect.

new topic, so the new star wars is coming up and some friends convinced me to buy my ticket three days ahead and we are all going to wait in line on Wednesday for the midnight showing, is there any rules to being in line, any advice, I know this is typical geek/nerd, but I thought I should at least experience this once, actually twice, I did camp out once for tickets to the up in smoke tour in Phoenix. "west west Y'all"

I got tickets for an opening day showing of The Phantom Menace. I live in a moderately small town, so it wasn't too difficult. Well, my friends and I are not uberfans. We didn't dress up. Although, two of my friends did buy SW helmets at Disney World. They then tried to wear them on a ride where they take your picture. But then, DW wouldn't sell them the picture in fear of reprucussions from the Lucas camp. Crazy. Anyway. back to the line. It was an evening showing, and some guy in front of us had already seen the movie like 30 times that day, and was trying to explain to one of my friends what was going to happen in Episode II. Needless to say, I tried to stay away from that conversation.

Have fun with that though. There isn't anymore story to give away. We should all know what generally happens in this movie, kind of like Titanic or Romeo and Juliet. If you wanted to screw with the fans, you could dress as a Trekkie. That could be fun. Or be like Lois in the Kiss episode and dress up, but act like you know nothing about Star Wars.

Kiss: I wanna rock and roll all night...
Lois: Umm, and have a wonderful time.

for the lowdown on what happened go to kurruptions rants, anyways funny thing, when I arrived there, I rolled down my window, screamed out, "Star Trek Sucks!!!" watched all the fanboys scream at me and tell me off, then I parked my car, walked out saw them still screaming at me, and then I just took a seat at the front of the line.

Not knowing your physical stature and potential intimidation factor, did anyone give you shit for going to the front of the line, even though your boss was there?

no one gave me any lip, but my boss, having been there for 2 or 3 days had already informed everybody he was holding spots for about 10 people, so everybody was fine with it, a funny thing about that though, around 11pm, a group of 4 sneaked up and tried to get with us, we really didn't notice until somebody yelled out, "CJ, are those 4 with you", My boss responded no, so everybody told them to get to the back of the line, they started telling everybody off and making excuses, My boss told them to get to the back, when they didn't about 20 star wars freaks bum rushed them and beat them down, then somebody called security, true story

Awesome. The closest thing I have to that was opening night of Matrix Reloaded. I went to a theater close to my college and a lot of students were there. The place was packed and these people in front of us had placed their jackets in their seats and then wandered off. They were students. Well, some time later, these two couples came up, moved the jackets and took the seats. When the students got back, they confronted the seat stealers. While the two guys did look like jerkfaces, I thought they had a pretty good argument for taking the seats. The students didn't leave anyone from their party in the area. I'm sorry, you just can't walk into a theater, throw clothes down, and then leave for twenty minutes. Someone has to stay. Things escalated a bit to pushing and shoving. Then this random student stood up and called the two guys out saying that pretty much everyone else in the theater was from my school and that meant we would automatically back up our comrades if a frackus broke out. Needless to say, my friends and I were not extremely gung ho to leap to support. A full fledged fight did not break out as security came in and made the two couples leave. If the assumed jerkfaces had simply gone to the theater people and explained things, I think they would have proven their case, as I mentioned my opinions above. People just go crazy at the theaters. Like they will never get a chance to see the movie again.

demi, lol but you have to read past posts before asking that question,

I was heavily disappointed in the Matrix trilogy, It had a lot going for it and in the end it just dropped the ball, I have a friend that absolutely loves the matrix and we had a conversation about it, and he told me his theory on how the matrix was a play off the whole jesus story and him dying for our sins and all, I was pretty intrigued because it pretty much all fit together and made sense.

20 to go

there have been college courses based on the matrix. i wish i could have been in one of those. i'd love to philosophize about the matrix and what it means...how it represents our society and get college credit for that. of course now i'm a graduate in a nowhere job =(

I would assume that everyone has seen the Matrix trilogy, but if not, my post has spoilers.

The Matrix trilogy can be an interesting discussion. My friends and I have spent plenty of hours doing so. The first movie set a particular path for the story which the second two movies completely abandoned pretty much. The first movie was about the war between humans and machines. The second two were about the battle between Neo and Smith. My theory is that the Matrix movies are the adaptions of books that don't yet exist. In other words, it is the reverse of the Lord of the Rings. Like the LOTR movies left so much out from the books, I think that is the issue with the Matrix trilogy. I hope the Wachowski bros fill in a lot of the story gaps in some format. I think the second two movies accomplished the story goal they set out, but it was not the story goal the first movie set out and I think that is what upset a lot of people. They wanted to see the end of the war and that didn't happen. Say whatever you will though about the movies, Reloaded had some amazing action sequences and the sentinal attack on Zion in Revolutions was pretty damn intense.