Halo 3 status?

tigaer said:
So far, all we know of Halo 3 *rumoured* that it's not called Halo 3, for the moment it's called Forerunner and that's why Bungie is say there's no such thing as "Halo 3" when it's really, as of now "Forerunner" with no Halo in the name, but as we all know, that will change.

Hope that helps.
ok so because people never know how to read videogame rumors the right way and really find the facts.... in short forerunner is not halo3.... forerunner, is using the same engine.. but will most likely be turning that into its own game.... being the prequil to Halo... just like the movie... because you all know you will play it... halo3 will be comming out... but dont think bungie doesnt have more in store... lol if you want to see more ill make a topic about bungie...

If I were Microsoft, I'd make sure the word Halo is somewhere in the title...like Halo 0: The Forerunners or something. Just cuz if it is just called "The Forerunners" it won't receive the "HOLYCRAPHALOOOOOOOOO" response on-sight.

If they make Forerunner the prequel to halo that would be sweet. Then they'll probaly have the main spartans on the game like Kelly, Sam, Linda And of course John( you know these ppl if you actually read the book ). Maybe they could be like battlefront and you can choose what character you want to be cause there different like Linda is good at sniping and kelly is really fast and so on. Anyways if they do make the prequel I'll definatly but it.

well lads i ahve recently heard that yep release date is goin to be around the july of 2007 all depending on the pirate game they r making at the moment. Bungie said they will start on halo 3 as soon as they have finished this mysterious pirate game on the 360

no forerunner is the halo 3 progect name so you cant hack their system and see what is in their about halo 3 they are sneeky arent they

spudlyff8fan said:
If I were Microsoft, I'd make sure the word Halo is somewhere in the title...like Halo 0: The Forerunners or something. Just cuz if it is just called "The Forerunners" it won't receive the "HOLYCRAPHALOOOOOOOOO" response on-sight.

Spud, I've only been active in the MG forums for the first time today but I already love you (and love to Jonas as well). haha, I dadgum agree with that quote perfectly.... anyone who is anyone who's played Halo before and even halfway enjoyed it saw "Halo 3" or anything NEW called Halo, they'd about crap their pants, just as I would....

I have been out of the gaming loop for several months now because life has literally been baseball, school, bowling, and churchj and nothing more...not even really sleep.... but I would like to comment on the Forerunners thing.... Forerunners does sound very much like a project codename, as someone commented earlier, just being used by people within the design and engineering community, but it also sounds very likely that it may be something to effect of Ghost Recon Island Thunder or GR2: Summit Strike.... something that leads off of the past game, continues that legacy, and sets the perfect stage for the next game... basically a teaser episode to keep gamers busy and interested in that particular game... granted, we already have the Multiplayer Map Pack and all the downloadable mods and stuff, but we gotta have something better...

And what's up with the movie thing? Info please? As I said, I know I sound like a n00b, but I've just been very far from the gaming community lately... sounds extremely pleasant and almost "crap your pants onsight" as Halo 3 itself... thanks ya'll and peace

Goldeneye!!!!

PrinceLUDA21 said:
OOO yea like in GoldenEYE slap matches Master Cheif Style. He would have some Kick ass moves to. But i miss my pistol. I would play and listen to d12 Pistol Pistol song for hours. And If they took the sigel player length of Halo 1 and put it with Non-stop action of Halo2. you have the makeings of a good game.

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!! haha, GoldenEye slap matches, fun mods, and Multiplayer kid-organized block parties are like the highlights of my life... lol

I still contend and will till I die that GoldenEye for N64 is one of the best games to've come out... now granted, I don't play PS hardly at all, but I don't find PS2 or the original much worth anything after having been spoiled off Xbox so much....

I still keep my N64 hooked up right next to my Xbox, still play it as much as I can (more than Xbox lately, lol), and I have my Nintendo sitting right beside them waiting for me to re-hook it since we moved my room around... haha, classics are the best and always will be... granted, I was only born in 90, but I am still a 90's child all the way (sorry you barely-teen and pre-teen children, you aren't!) haha, classics rule!!! :3dglasses

I don't wasnt to sound like a Hola hated but I just can't get into it online .It has a great campain though but GRAW~ is where it is at for me online.So much like real thing.

For those of you who have X360. They told me they have a Halo 3 trailer on the marketplace...can someone please confirm and if it is true...please tell me how it is.

It was spiffy. Epic. Made me want Halo 3 :O! Can't wait to get some actual details though.

Yeah, i finally got it downloaded and then turned up the audio......and watched it in all it's High Def Glory....Simply Amazing, I Tell YOU!!!

Hmm, lets see... About halfway through the video,
I peed myself...three times. (The third time was when I saw the AR in chief's hands).

I havent even seen the second half yet.

Saw the video and here's what I gleaned from it:

I saw a fallen ring (it looks all busted up and since the Forerunners have been long-dead, I assume it's busted), but as it scrolls back it appears that we're on Earth. There is a street sign being blown with the wind.

Master Chief himself walks out of some smoking wreckage (of what isn't known, but is probably a landing craft) sporting the original assault rifle (although that can easily be changed to whatever the new one will be). His armor looks sweeter than ever.

Images of Cortana flicker in. She looks very nice. Her voice is distorted as if it were a broken transmission.

The covenant shows up with one of their big ships (similar to the one you had to board in H1) and a whole nest of Banshees scream into view.

All of them fly towards a slow moving swirl of clouds that has a perfect circle in the center of it (giving the thought that it's really a big ship.)

massive wind sweeps the valley and all dust is blown away from another hole. Parts of the ground lift mechanically and the hole seems to begin charging for a blast of white energy.

It is reflected with incredible clarity on MC's face mask.

Screen goes black and Cortana comes through with "This is how the world ends"

letters appear "Finish the fight 2007"

Darth_Jonas said:
"This is how the world ends"

letters appear "Finish the fight 2007"

I thought that was the most BULL I have ever seen in my life. It better start off from where th las game finished. I don't want to pick up some were else. MS pissed me off wit that one. Thw owe me