Halo 3 status?

Darth_Jonas

Future Emperor
Registered
Nov 16, 2005
right behind you
Has anyone heard the actual status of Halo 3? Here's what I've been told recently:

-it is going to release opposite the PS3 (is that still holding since Sony changed their release date?)

-it will release opposite the movie if the PS3 is delayed (but when will the movie come out?)

-Microsoft is taking over the production of Halo3 since Bungie has merged with another company

-Bungie is still doing it themselves and has expanded their staff by 60 people to really push the production

-it will release in time for Christmas

-per some gamer magazine: it isn't being made at all since Microsoft and Bungie can't get along

Uhh....Well, Bungie did NOT merge with anybody, that's for damn sure. Part of Bungie broke away a while back, which is the only real issue with "not getting along" and the staff increase was allegedly a gross misquote of Allard by the Seattle Post, who said that Bungie was doubling its staff. They definitely didn't do it.

Really, there is no information on Halo 3. That'll prolly change at E3, but there really, really isn't any info.

There's a rumor going around that Bungie keep denying they're working on Halo 3, because it's not called Halo 3. It's called Forerunner and has 4player split screen coop. That's all i heard....and that came from the MacDaddy EIC of this site.....Thanks Man!!

It's May 9th-12th i think....And i will have to disagree with Spuds a little....<<<waits for flame>>........my personal opinion is that Halo 3 won't be showcased at E3 this year.....Considering how secretive they are and the fact that the movie will not be in theaters 'til summer 2007, they will most likely keep it hid until next year's E3....Kinda like they did with Halo 2.......Spuds will be coming in soon to rebut everything i've said......J/K Spuds

I don't find Bungie to be particularly secretive. That's why everyone knows all the stuff that didn't end up making it into the final version of Halo (did you know that there were supposed to be seven kinds of warthogs?). I think we'll definitely see at least something for Halo 3.

Maybe, and i totally agree with you and the Warthog thing.....Halo 2 was supposed to have other types of Warthogs and a 3 wheeler.......For this Halo coming up, i'm just gonna wait til it comes out....'cause that's twice i've been expecting something that never showed up in the final copy.......I want my damn pistol scope back!!....Could you imagine being on the 3 wheeler with that??....I'd be unstoppable!!

I looked it up, there was supposed to be...

Regular Warthog
The one with the AV gun
A 3 wheeler one (for deserts)
One with treads (for snow)
A troop transport (which could carry 7 troops)
Some kinda 8 wheeled one that is presumably for forests

Those indeed would've been badass.

I definitely think that Forerunners or Halo 3 or whatever will end up having at least some user-created content. Halo 2 on the PC has a level-builder coming up, and with lots more user-made content being predicted for the 360, I think that the next Halo-related game will have something like that.

You can actually put some of your own features on Halo 2.....It's called Team Action Sack....It's where players have made up different variants for the maps and then those get shared with everybody on Xbox Live....There's one called "Plasma Punch", where you only have plasma pistols....Very addicting after awhile.....But after Bungie saying they would not release any new content after August of last year, and then seeing brand new modes loading up all the time.....Makes me wonder......I mean originally there were only like 6 multiplayer modes......Now, if i'm not mistaken<<<<<waiting for Spuds to save the day>>>,haha,......Like i was saying, i think there are like over 10 now...And the last two were brought out after August, like in late September.....ALL IN ALL, What i'm trying to do is prove my point......You never know what Bungie has up their sleeve.....But if they could do all that above, where is my freakin' 3 wheeler??

I'm not sure if anyone has said/thought of this since I've been out of any gaming loop for some time, but is the next Halo called Forerunner because Halo 2 kinda stopped in the middle of the story? Like the next Halo would be Halo 2: part 2 (Forerunner) instead of a whole new adventure (Halo 3).

I haven't heard anything about the date being set or moved, but like I said, I'm out of it right now.

Here's the skinny in case you missed it. IT will be HALO 3 release will be march of next year. right before the movie comes out which will be the summer of 07. You humans forget to remeber the hacking of HALO 2 Forrunner was the project name to keep hackers away. but those beans spilled thaks to Gameinformer. and now the hackers are lloking for the games forrunner or what ever it's called. The game is not complete at all. there are a lot of touch ups that need to be done. The plot is still in the air as far as we know. AND SO FAR THEY WILL NOT BE REVEILING A LOOK AT HAOL 3 AT E3. It's a if they want to. Microsoft has stated that bungie is in control of what happens to the game. But you can bet that we might here something about it. So for all you geeks looking for HAOL any time soon suck it up and get over it. HALO is not the greatest game in the world there are so many others out there to play So look for gears of war or a PS3 or the Rev to hel you pass time.

And yea BUNGIE has stated that they will be making up for the poor ass excuse of a game they called HALO 2 singel player game. YOU FUCKS OWE ME ONE.

What you dont think my words are true in anyway. Go pick up the new gameinfomer or go to IGN. I only speak on what I know. thats what I know. If you think HALO is the best game in the worl the you should be fired from life cuz its not.

If you think you think you have a right to comment on somebody's favorite game you should be banned from the internet!

GET ME THE PRESIDENT OF THE WEB.

Dude I didn't say it could not be your faviorte game Metriod Fusion or Devil may Cry or Ninja Gaiden is equal to in my fav game. I said this IT IS NOT THE GREATEST GAME IN THE WORLD. It may be up there in all time. But it is not Number one. I really dont know if there is a number one. Pac Man good be it everybody plays and likes Pac Man. But truth is noone can honestly tell. THINK for a second if HALO is the greatest then why wont the Japs embrace the game. Give you one hint. But who cares wht I say we will all buy three when it comes RIGHT RIGHT. thats what i thought. So relax and wait till March when the game hits. And lose more of your life to this game. Point is No matter what ppl say we will all like what we like. So dont get mad at me

But its not the Greatest Game in the world HAHAHAHAH