Halo 3 status?

Aside from the fact that the term "Japs" is derogitory, every game is of varying popularity depending on where it comes out. Different places just like different genres more than others.

True and I didn't mean to Japs that way. and if that offend anyone i'm sorry. truth is games change and in time get better. I remember a time when goldeneye64 was the best FPS of all time. So I wont bet on any game being the greatest. game as long as there is a franchise. Plus ther has only ben two games in the series. i'll wait till the third one till i make judgment on how great it is.

whether the facts you listed are true or not, what was pathetic about your first post was the bad grammar, horrible spelling, and disdainful attitude.

You sounded like a cross between a spoiled little 4th grade brat with Eddie Murphy's vocabulary and an upset Elmer Fudd.

I think that Halo is different (or was different) from the other popular games. That freshness is what caught the imagination. Graphics take it only so far.

Darth_Jonas said:
Has anyone heard the actual status of Halo 3? Here's what I've been told recently:

-it is going to release opposite the PS3 (is that still holding since Sony changed their release date?)

-it will release opposite the movie if the PS3 is delayed (but when will the movie come out?)

-Microsoft is taking over the production of Halo3 since Bungie has merged with another company

-Bungie is still doing it themselves and has expanded their staff by 60 people to really push the production

-it will release in time for Christmas

-per some gamer magazine: it isn't being made at all since Microsoft and Bungie can't get along

Put it this way, for Halo 3 to wait for the release of PS3 to try and slow the sales down on PS3, it will work. Not that much, but a little. Maybe 4%?

Darth_Jonas said:
whether the facts you listed are true or not, what was pathetic about your first post was the bad grammar, horrible spelling, and disdainful attitude.

You sounded like a cross between a spoiled little 4th grade brat with Eddie Murphy's vocabulary and an upset Elmer Fudd.

Okay you got me. on that one. I was pretty much drunk and i'm still a little hung over. But can you deny my facts. Can you disagree with the facts i stated. And I like Eddie.

Sure you will all be shot, beat down, blown up, runover, or however you would like to die in march when the game comes. lol

big poppa. What's the deal with the pics? they take up half the page. don't complain about annoying things until you get that crap off.

As for the refuting of the facts: I don't pretend to refute them. Everything's still a rumor. Every magazine out there will have their own "insider details" about the release date, but none of them really know. What we DO know for fact is that it didn't come out in March. It makes sense that they would take at least 6 months for marketing, but that hasn't started yet. '07 is the best bet right now.

Right MArch "07" is the most likely date for the game. I just hope that they do better with the single player protion of the game. And expand on the Multiplayer parts. (more head shoots)

IGN posted a 10 things they would like to see in HALO3 .
10 - Aliens that look like Aliens
9 - Tighter Single player Level Design
8 - Expanded Veichel Usage
7 - The Battle on Earth Should be Massive and Devastating
6 - THE RETURN OF THE PISTOL (HALO 1)
5 - Flashback levels and A REAL ENDING
4 - Melee Attacks
3 - Balanced Achievements and A Demo
2 - Improved Lobbies and Party System
1 - FOUR PLAYER ONLINE CO-OP (THAT WOULD KICK A$$)

and plus the game should have transforming wepons and veichels. like a ghost and a battle tank. or a needler n shotgun ShotNeedler Or a Sniper Grenade Launcher.

here's the link if yo want to check it out http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/701/701505p3.html

So far, all we know of Halo 3 *rumoured* that it's not called Halo 3, for the moment it's called Forerunner and that's why Bungie is say there's no such thing as "Halo 3" when it's really, as of now "Forerunner" with no Halo in the name, but as we all know, that will change.

Hope that helps.

Well it is Halo 3 the name may chage and get alterd but it is Halo 3. Gameinformer spilled the beans on the forfunner name so there is no need to hid the behind a mask any more. Forrunner is more os less a code name for the project to keep up under tight lip. Anyone who knos industry talk knows that.

FR B1GPOPPA J said:
Can we stay on topic here guys, and Gals? Send pm's if you both want to have an episode, lol

Without even looking at your post count, I can tell you're new just from that quote. Anyway, welcome.

Darth Jonas said:

----------------------------------------------------------

big poppa. What's the deal with the pics? they take up half the page. don't complain about annoying things until you get that crap off.

Look at Darth kickin' ass!

halo 2 3 wheeler

asylum_boy said:
Maybe, and i totally agree with you and the Warthog thing.....Halo 2 was supposed to have other types of Warthogs and a 3 wheeler.......For this Halo coming up, i'm just gonna wait til it comes out....'cause that's twice i've been expecting something that never showed up in the final copy.......I want my damn pistol scope back!!....Could you imagine being on the 3 wheeler with that??....I'd be unstoppable!!

the reason that bungie did not put the trike in to halo 2 is that xbox cpu engine could not hold it the xbox keept crashing so they are keeping it for halo 3 and yes it is called halo 3 and should have a few more warthogs in it to and the only reson it is being put to xbox 360 is that when bungie was making halo 2 and the trike for they new that the xbox 360 was coming and that that it was going to have 3 gpu's ( graphic prosseser unit ) so they keeped it for xbox 360 halo 3 and as for the movie it is being released in summer 2007 and halo 3 is being released with ps3 i will let you know of more info as it passes my desk as i no in advance to most people as i get inside info from game company's

Maverick said:
I'm not sure if anyone has said/thought of this since I've been out of any gaming loop for some time, but is the next Halo called Forerunner because Halo 2 kinda stopped in the middle of the story? Like the next Halo would be Halo 2: part 2 (Forerunner) instead of a whole new adventure (Halo 3).

I haven't heard anything about the date being set or moved, but like I said, I'm out of it right now.
it is halo 3 and it is said by bungie that it is going to continue from halo 2 then jump in to the future and be a new ring as if you watched the movie in the middle of the game it is said and i quote their are 1o halos and one was destroyed in halo 1 and one in halo 2 then one is activated and cant be used for a long time so that leaves 7 more halo rings of destruction

PrinceLUDA21 said:
IGN posted a 10 things they would like to see in HALO3 .
10 - Aliens that look like Aliens
9 - Tighter Single player Level Design
8 - Expanded Veichel Usage
7 - The Battle on Earth Should be Massive and Devastating
6 - THE RETURN OF THE PISTOL (HALO 1)
5 - Flashback levels and A REAL ENDING
4 - Melee Attacks
3 - Balanced Achievements and A Demo
2 - Improved Lobbies and Party System
1 - FOUR PLAYER ONLINE CO-OP (THAT WOULD KICK A$$)

and plus the game should have transforming wepons and veichels. like a ghost and a battle tank. or a needler n shotgun ShotNeedler Or a Sniper Grenade Launcher.

I completely agree with this list. I sorely missed pistol sniping in Halo2, and combined weapons might be interesting, but I think that's a long shot. The aliens could have used some work, but I thought H2 was just fine (probably the skin textures would be the best thing to change). I was a little disappointed that more of the fight wasn't on Earth, but oh well. It definitely needs more levels, at least twice as much. You could even shorten the length of some of the levels just to get more variation in. different melee attacks would be cool and if so, have the ability to unequip all weapons and go hand-to-hand.

If it's possible for us do design our own levels, then that would take care of many issues.

OOO yea like in GoldenEYE slap matches Master Cheif Style. He would have some Kick ass moves to. But i miss my pistol. I would play and listen to d12 Pistol Pistol song for hours. And If they took the sigel player length of Halo 1 and put it with Non-stop action of Halo2. you have the makeings of a good game.

I heard that Microsoft planned to release Halo the same date as the PS3, but I am not 100% sure on that.

Darth_Jonas said:
Has anyone heard the actual status of Halo 3? Here's what I've been told recently:

-it is going to release opposite the PS3 (is that still holding since Sony changed their release date?)

-it will release opposite the movie if the PS3 is delayed (but when will the movie come out?)

-Microsoft is taking over the production of Halo3 since Bungie has merged with another company

-Bungie is still doing it themselves and has expanded their staff by 60 people to really push the production

-it will release in time for Christmas

-per some gamer magazine: it isn't being made at all since Microsoft and Bungie can't get along

Release Date

aI read on Gamespot.com that the current release date of Halo 3 is October 3rd of 2006.

Cant wait.