Halo 3 status?

From the looks of it, it could very well pick up where the last one left off. It does appear to be Earth, but oddly a broken halo was in the background. Honestly, I don't care if it picks up EXACTLY where the last one left off as long as the game is much longer and the storyline holds. It really does have a pretty complicated storyline.

TRUE they oew everyone big time in the story department. But sad enough IT DID NOT BLOW MY SKIRT UP. I saw it and was like ok.......i'm not hyped up. I wanted a better anouncment trailer I guess. The first X3 moive trailer got me hype. I don't know I want it but then I don't.

O well thats $120 gone in March for Halo and MGS4 if I get a PS3. Still pissed about that.

Nope, they already said Halo 3 takes place some time after the Halo 2 part. The trailer is in Africa, and the Covenant took over Earth. Now the Chief has to get it back.

I doubt MGS4 is coming out in March. Someone pointed out on another forum that there are 3 upside down 7s in the MGS4 logo, and 7-7-07 is the 20 year anniversary of the release of the first MG.

I'm sure they'll explain what happened in between. As long as they just don't leave us in the blue I'll be satisfied.

Maybe this time...WE CAN LEAN =O!

Well this one better be damn long this time. If they pull another Halo 2 and Lack in any area of the game it will cost them. It go perfects from almost every critic and the game was not perfect in any way. ( Halo 2) It was good and thats it not great. Halo 3 should be great.

I was rumored a long time ago that they were already working on 3 when 2 came out. I'm hoping that it'll blow my doors off, but I'm afraid that most games just don't do well with sequels. Halo 2 was good, but not as long, and IMO, as good as 1.

The thought of Master Chief taking back the Earth sounds incredibly awesome. It will also allow for more varied maps considering that all the Halo's are supposed to be the same. There's only so much variation permittable per ring. Worlds, however, can be very different.

Come on guys it wasnt that bad...
Ok this is what I gathered:
When Cortana says "I have defined (defied?) gods and demons", if you listen closely, you can hear a really deep voice saying it too. Most likely Gravemind. (Remember it ends with her with Gravemind) Maybe he somehow took over her or something. It sounds like something he would say anyway.

Also, I think the artifact is the Ark that 343 was talking about.

But didn't humans and elites become allies or something like that? Why are the covenant still taking over earth?

The Elites were cast out of the covenant (along with the Hunters, and Grunts) and the Brutes took over. So the covenant has not made peace with Earth and will probably still want some payback for the former failure. It also appears that something was planted on the Earth (hence the large circle that rises out of the ground. It had to be there for a while). Oh and humans and Elites had a tenuous alliance at best. They still hated each other, but they had a common enemy to kick around.

Good point about Gravemind (I didn't even know that was his name). I wondered how he'd play into this one. He was kind of a weird point last time. Was he a Forerunner? Was he apart of the Flood? It never really explained, except that he spoke of the Forerunners as if he weren't one and also wanted to stop halo from activating and killing him.

I think he's supposed to be like the father of the flood or the first flood or something. I know for sure that he controls them though. (Dont ask me how I know this, I cant even remember) lol

Darth_Jonas said:
From the looks of it, it could very well pick up where the last one left off. It does appear to be Earth, but oddly a broken halo was in the background. Honestly, I don't care if it picks up EXACTLY where the last one left off as long as the game is much longer and the storyline holds. It really does have a pretty complicated storyline.

Bungie.net says that the trailer was like after 1/3 of the game.

Ok, folks. For those of you who've read the books and played the game through a time or three, piece together who Gravemind is for me. (Besides a creepy plant thing that looks like he came from "the little shop of horrors".)

Also give guesses as to what happens next.

Hmm, I haven't read the books in a long time, but I'll try to guess anyway.
Can you give us a hint, like which of the books the person is from?