College Basketball

wijg

Asst Reviews Editor
Registered
Jun 23, 2005
The Old Same Place
I swear we had a thread involving this topic before. Perhaps the Mybug ate it.

Anyway, round 1 Duke vs UNC goes to Duke. It was a game of spurts. Duke played brilliantly at times and horrendously at others. But they held on for the win, something they have done lately. While I am glad they continue to win, I would rather it be by a more comfortable margin. But beating UNC on the road was a big win. The Duke/UNC rival is an amazing aspect of college basketball.

For those that saw the game, I must say the Dockery allyoop to McRoberts for the reverse slam was pretty damn impressive.

A dangerous pasttime, I know. And I hope you do realize I was just kidding. Well, we shall see how they fare in the next few away games. Have to go to Florida State after that less than steller performance a few days ago. Plus at Maryland Saturday.

I live in Kentucky now, and when I lived in NC, I was a fan. However, my homeland (Charlotte) is also the home of NASCAR where it is perfectly acceptable to have more than one team you pull for. Hence, I like Duke, NC State, UK, and my alma mater Charlotte. Not that I really watch any game, but I like to see them win. No so here in the land of bluegrass. You may have one team only. And it better be UK. Therefore, I now antagonize the UK worshipers instead of cheering along with them.

NC State is soooo great.....We're coming for that conference championship, you little Dukesters.....Now that my team is on the right track this year, IT IS ON!!!....It's just a shame that we don't get one more shot at Duke this year....OH Well, we'll just beat the snot out of ya in the tournament.....Wolfpack 4 Life!!

My sister attends NC State and after a lifetime of supporting the Blue Devils she has all but converted. She still cheers for Duke when they are not playing State, but shows anti Duke tendencies like hating JJ Redick.

As much as I dislike Duke, Reddick is quasi-human. Wow. Anyway, ACC basketball is by far the best. It's too bad I live where I do. I have to remain true to my roots and love Gonzaga all the way. Stanford/Cal and rediculous WAC, except for 'Zaga, teams are all I get here. Bah!

edit: Go Heels!

Be careful Chemist. If that was truly your edit, I may invoke some of my moderator privaleges and accidentally delete your posts.

The Reddick/Morrison duel has been pretty exciting to watch this year. Reddick will have a huge game and Morrison will come back later in the evening and top it with a bigger game. I heard something that I thought was pretty interesting. Reddick and Morrison play each in Halo 2. For all those with the Xbox, you should try and find the two best shooters in college basketball and see how their skills translate into the virtual world. Morrison is the self proclaimed best Halo player in Spokane.

Haha. I wouldn't know because I haven't been to Spokane in about 10 years. It would be nice to find out. Oh well, Cal basketball is heating up so maybe I'll venture over to Berkely and check out a game. Beats the Warriors :loser:

That totally rocks.....Oh, how the mighty have fallen!!.....Now, if those damn Heels would lose, that would be soooo much better......Of course, my team is the Wolfpack and we are showing our typical form heading into the tournament......We loss the ones we should win and win the games that we should lose.....All this and our record, we still can't get into the top 10.....Whazzup with Dat!!

I didn't get to see too much of the Duke game. I went to yoga and taped the 2nd half. However, I got home in time to see the last few minutes. After that uninspiring display, I decided not to watch the rest of the 2nd half. Florida State has had our number for several years now. They have beaten us a few times down there. It was like a few years ago when Maryland came into Cameron a few times and beat us. Well the good news, hopefully, is that we shall be pissed for the UNC game this weekend and absolutely thrash them. But we shall see. This has been an odd year for Duke basketball. There have been flashes of brilliance and flashes of pure mediocrity. Which Duke team will show up for the ACC and NCAA tourny?

And beware Chemist. You don't notice too many people expressing anti-Duke sentiments on this board. There is good reason for that.

*does the shifty eyes

Yep. I like the health goals and benefits behind it. Plus my yoga instructor is smoking hot. Let me restate this for emphasis: SMOKING HOT.

I can take the abuse of being a non-Duke fan. I have for a long time anyway, there being so many of you guys out there. I still give them a huge amount of respect. It's hard not to with such an amazing program. I watch the games just to see Sheldon and Mr. Redick in action; amazing talent on both parts.

Redick is by far the best player in the nation right now, not to give Morrison any disrespect in the scoring or determination departments. To stand out like that in a program like Duke you have to be special. Coach K even allowing a player to take over like that speaks for itself.

He's no Christian Laettner.....Yeah, now that guy was a winner....(note sarcasm) .....Anyway, i can't stand Duke....Got one brother that's a Duke Fan, and one that is a Carolina Fan.....But, myself, it's the NC State Wolfpack all the way!!.....And None of those guys listed above can hold a candle to the greatest player to come out of the ACC.....J.R. Ried..............Nah, J/K.....Everybody knows that was David Thompson.......And he played for the Great Wolfpack Program.... :eek:fficer10