Your top PC games of all time?

I enjoyed one must fall a game, where you control a robot and fight others and go around the world and was enjoyable with the song and graphics was done well. The other game was, the magic schoolbus where you played the game based on the book or episode, was interesting to play and learn about body in one game and how it works. World of warcraft was good, building cities, food and gold and fighting wars which help you get more people and gain more areas.

It's been said a ton of times already, but World of Warcraft for just the sheer amount of entertainment and hours of devotion I pledged to it. From PVP to raiding, it was one of the most engrossing games I've ever encountered. To this day, I'm still looking for games that have the aspects that I enjoyed in WoW... and to this day, I still haven't found a game that hits all of the high points.

i would have to agree with the importance of Doom, it was so prevalent that computer geeks like me were playing it at work, and literally choking the network of entire companies by just playing that game. it actually affected the bottom line of buisnesses and peoples livelihoods.

also, bill gates used it for a huge presentation where he put himself in the game.

i would have to agree with the importance of Doom, it was so prevalent that computer geeks like me were playing it at work, and literally choking the network of entire companies by just playing that game. it actually affected the bottom line of buisnesses and peoples livelihoods.

also, bill gates used it for a huge presentation where he put himself in the game.

I would have to say Skyrim. I actually had to delete the game because it was taking up too much of my free time, and other important commitments were being sacrificed. I have since re-installed it, and am not playing it at a healthy time range.

The reason I picked my avatar was because it reminded me of climbing up the mountain to see the old gray dudes up top.

Hard to decide, but I'd say Warcraft III. For me it was the game that introduced me to the now highly popular MOBA, DOTA. I was playing it even back when it was not called dota. I can't remember what it's called now. Apart from Dota, Warcraft III ladder was also loads of fun. It was really hard to master, but that's why it was fun. It required both intense micro and good strategic sense. Writing this actually makes me want to play it again.

My top 5 Games are

1)World of Warcraft
2)Eve Online
3) LoL
4)Planetside 2
5)Dota2

The greatest pc game for me are the Grand Theft auto series as well as the fifa series. I fell in love with Grand Theft auto when I first saw someone playing Vice City on pc more than a decade ago and till this day I still play it as well as other games in the series. Fifa is just a great game and I look forward to it every year.

the GTA series definitely deserves a spot here in some way, god knows just tons of people played them. and talk about industry changer.

I think it was Hitman the original one which had a good story and felt attached to it and just that the graphics was not really appealing the remake did do a better job of it thought. Dragon age origins has a good story, and good role play game and different choices that affect the game, like choosing to spare loghian or let him live which is interesting when he is hunting you down in the game or the choice where you let a crazy women use anvil to make golems or slay her. Shadow of the Colossus is a emotional game you find that the beasts you slay are part of a demon or spirit and kind of said you fighting them.

Team fortress 2 is by far the best PC game of all time. It's the only game I know of that was under development for 9 years, and it was worth the wait. Valve games are never disappointing to me, and I have over 1000 hours logged on TF2 and am on a competitive team.

I must say World of Warcraft and GTA. Both have a pretty well known reputation.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance definitely is that for me. The game is just so much fun slicing and dicing your enemy to tiny pieces is so satisfying.

And the difficulty when playing on Revengeance is insane. If you miss one block you basically die. But I recently completed it and every level fight with the highest rank you can get and it felt SO GOOD.

Honorable Mentions:
Breath of Fire 3
Katawa Shoujo

WarCraft III: The Frozen Throne for me. Great game, be it singleplayer campaign, online play via battle-net, or the many popular mods which were released (DotA, tower defense etc.) I can't think of any other PC game which had such a massive combined playerbase and content.

Absolutely. I fell in love with War3 game mechanics the micro and macro management required, map knowledge, anticipation, blocking, surrounds etc. Nowadays no game requires such level of skill and intelligence. The thing in War3 is that it has unlimited possibilities and unlimited factors that form the final result and the effort you put in it is not always inversely proportional to victory, because there's always someone better than you who will outsmart you.

Well, I love FPS and games like Diablo, so my favorite two are Baldur's Gate 1&2 and Half Life 2. HL2 was just a trendsetter and now here I am, with millions of people hoping for HL3 (and keep the circlejerk alive haha).

heres a thing though, does popularity == quality? wow is a good game no doubt, but is it just popular, or the best because its the highest quality?

im sure there are great games out there that are super high in quality and fun to play, but dont get the popularity to make it crazy successfull.

any good examples guys?

The Sims seems like an obvious answer. I mean, it was not a great series of games but it was something that I could spend literally days doing and some of my fond memories are of eating, playing the sims, and watching tv or a movie. Probably not that healthy but I was thirteen or fourteen back then. I have not played the new one yet and I feel too old at this point. When they ask you for a girls name I'm like oh that girl that I work with and it just gets weird. I also got into League of Legends recently. It's supper addictive ans tons of fun.

My personal top PC game of all time would definitely probably have to be the Sims series. I absolutely love it and for some reason I could play 24/7. I love the life simulation and that there are goals to meet through out the game. I also love that the options for things are endless - especially with the expansion packs!

Me too!! I have no idea why because it's not the type of game I would typically play but I was OBSESSED with it! I used to save up my money for all the expansion packs - House Party was my favorite!

I think one of the reasons I would still play it today if it was compatible with my systems is because it was just so easy yet it didn't ever get too boring. I didn't have to put too much thought into it and I still had fun :D

My top PC game of all time would have to be Rise Of Nations. A lot of wasted hours playing that game, I was an addict. Now I hear that Steam has it and it's been updated. I just might have to check it out and see if it's as good as it used to be.

For me, it would be Garry's Mod, hands down. This game is pretty much 100 games, compacted into one game. Also, it's extremely cheap for what you receive. I recommend getting this game if you love little mini-games.