Your top PC games of all time?

Jafool

Registered
Dec 14, 2014
Hello folks!

So as the title implies, what is your top select PC titles of all time?
Is there a game that "changed your life" or at least your gaming life and outlook?
What game did you enjoy the most playing through?
Did a game ever have a deep effect on you emotionally?
Favorite multiplayer game of all time?

You get the idea, try to motivate your answers as best you can.
Looking forward to reading some of your favorites. :)

Have a great day and merry damn christmas I guess!

My favorite PC game of all time is without question the Football Manager series. I have invested more hours than I care to admit playing this franchise. It is so easy to lose yourself in this game with seemingly every minute detail of the game included here. Once you start it is impossible to quit.

Thinking back, for me it's a toss up between the Myst and SimCity franchises. I think there was a deeper emotional connection with Myst though so ultimately I'd have to say Myst (the entire game series) would have to be my top favorite PC game ever.

It's the original Ghost Recon for me. By today's standards, that game was nothing, but it's a classic squad-based FPS, even though the later games were third-person. I recently played through that game again and loved every moment of it, surprisingly enough.

For me, it's gotta be Half-Life 2. I'm just astoundingly in love with it, have been for a long time. It's what originally sparked my interest in PC gaming to begin with.

Easily SimCity 4 for me. For it's time, it was such a feature filled city management simulator, much better than the other offerings at the time. Now, it's considered fairly outdated by most new players to the series, but to SC veterans it's the best city builder/manager in the genre. Especially with the huge modding community to back it!

Here is my list of top pc games:

Battle for Middle Earth I, II, and ROTWK; this game series is pure awesomeness and I still play it to this day.

Warcraft I, II, and II; I still remember my brother playing Warcraft I on a 500MHZ computer back in 1997, and the voice narrator sound like one of those voice actors from 1980s middle evil movies!

Battlefield 1942 and 2; I still play these classic shooter games to this day, but mostly the mods for them.

Mount & Blade and Warband; charging down enemies with my horse never gets old in this game and the mods for it are great too. Plus, I get to pillage and conquer with ever breaking a sweat or nail!

WarCraft III: The Frozen Throne for me. Great game, be it singleplayer campaign, online play via battle-net, or the many popular mods which were released (DotA, tower defense etc.) I can't think of any other PC game which had such a massive combined playerbase and content.

Reactions: Jafool
I believe Half-Life was a PC only game when it was originally released, so I'm going to go with that. I didn't realize how revolutionary the game was going to be at the time. I replayed it recently and enjoyed it WAY more the second time. Even though it looks a bit dated, it's still a lot of fun.

I believe Half-Life was a PC only game when it was originally released, so I'm going to go with that. I didn't realize how revolutionary the game was going to be at the time. I replayed it recently and enjoyed it WAY more the second time. Even though it looks a bit dated, it's still a lot of fun.

Reactions: dillinger10
Was waiting for someone to put the original HL in there!
Yeah man, it was a game-changer. Quite literally, haha.
It pretty much changed video games forever and it's to this day an amazing game.

WarCraft III: The Frozen Throne for me. Great game, be it singleplayer campaign, online play via battle-net, or the many popular mods which were released (DotA, tower defense etc.) I can't think of any other PC game which had such a massive combined playerbase and content.
I was never an RTS guy but warcraft 3 and frozen throne was awesome man... so iconic.

I did however spend way more time in the world editor making maps/campaigns/stories/game-modes for it than actually playing the game properly, haha.

I had almost completely forgotten about Half-Life. This is a great suggestion. Half-Life would definitely be in my Top 5 list of favorite PC games. It's funny how over time we forget about certain games that were revolutionary at the time.

I have to go with World of Warcraft, specifically The Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King expansions. These were the two very best iterations of the game, in my opinion. I had so much fun, made many friends, and will always have fond memories of those times. Some of those people I still talk to today. It's a shame that the game isn't what it used to be.

Ultima 5, Bard´s Tale ( the early ones), Elite (the one from 1990s), Warcraft 1-3, World of Warcraft, Dungeons and Dragons Online and the origina Ultima Online ( first 5 years).

It's difficult for me to believe that, until The Sims was launched, that Myst was the best selling game of all time. I don't think I've met a single Myst fan on any of the gaming forums I've frequented.

Spore and Star Wars Galaxies. I still have dreams of SWG I miss it so much. Star Wars Galaxies was my childhood and I'll never be able to go back to it. Ah, the memories. That game taught me how to handle multiple situations and how to have a party when you have nothing to say. Token game.

Diablo, Warcraft and Starcraft. I love all of these games. What i like most about warcraft and starcraft is the ability to create our own games (in a sense) inside the main game. So many people took this games editors and created games that took these games to better places and higher levels. One map creator even made it big by taking his customized map and making his own game with it. But by far these are my favorite PC games.

Diablo, Warcraft and Starcraft. I love all of these games. What i like most about warcraft and starcraft is the ability to create our own games (in a sense) inside the main game. So many people took this games editors and created games that took these games to better places and higher levels. One map creator even made it big by taking his customized map and making his own game with it. But by far these are my favorite PC games.
A true Blizzard fan, eh? Haha :)

Diablo 2 is one of those games that changed my life kind of. It's a beautiful piece of art and it still holds up to this day. :)

I think the Mechwarrior series really blew my mind as a kid, and i just had to find out more.

i think it counts as my gateway game

Mech 2 was my first, but mech 3 is probably the best.