Your First PC Game

lexinonomous

Registered
Oct 16, 2015
Most gamers I know have an extreme amount of nostalgia when it comes to their favorite childhood games. There are so many video games that stick out for each console. As a child, the computer was a bit different than the playstation games my friend's were playing. I felt so much more involved while sitting at my computer. I wish I could remember all of the computer games I played as a kid.

I want to say that my first PC game was "Gahan Wilson's The Ultimate Haunted House." I remember loving being scared, even if it wasn't all that spooky.

What was your first PC game?

If I'm not mistaken it's Mortal Kombat 4. Well, it might be the worst installment in the whole series, but I was still little at that time and I had so much fun playing that game. I might have lost that game somewhere though.

Damn! You know that it takes to do a throwback in late 2005. It's probably FIFA 2006, Pro Evolution Soccer 5 or GTA San Andreas. One of them, definitely. Probably them all. Also, there was Call Of Juarez.

Not really sure. It was either "In Search of Dr. Riptide" or "Earthwork Jim". The latter was played on a SEGA emulator which 8 year old me somehow managed to discover and get addicted to. I downloaded tons and tons of games on our 56k network, but the one I played the most was Earthworm Jim. I played this game so often my parents had to threaten to take the PC away, and believe me, that was a big deal as they never threatened to do that before.

Ahhh, I miss wasting my life away on games with no worries. Every time I play a game nowadays I have to worry about a million things wrong in my life that I have to work for. Hard to regain that worry-free mind of children.

I can't remember the name of the first game I've played. It was a racing game with three levels and the second level is impossible. The tracks are all divided into platforms and there are special ones that are either slipper, burn your car, or allows you to refuel.

The first game that I do remember playing is StarCraft: Brood War. The only strategy I ever employed was to defend my base until all the battlecruisers are operational. I messed around with the map editor too so that some of the maps have nearly infinite resources. Fun times.

My first PC game was Bejeweled 2. In actuality, my mother put me on to that game. It's quite funny. I became addicted to the wonderful, soothing, and upbeat music as you clash jewels together repeatedly. It was so futuristic and fun. I used to play it on my old desktop PC in high school.

My first pc game was actually WoW - I had gone through a really tough divorce spiral and finally got to move back in with my dad, a lot of my friends moved from FFXI (ps2) to wow but I didn't have my own computer, so he dropped $1600 on the spot (2006) to get me a good enough rig to do whatever I wanted.

My first ever PC game was Starcraft: Brood War. I would play the game every day and play the missions again and again. Up until now, RTS is one of my favorite genres and Starcraft has a lot of influence on that.

The first one that I actually bought was Ultima 9. Yes, Ultima 9. I know that it's heralded as probably the worst game in the Ultima series, being super buggy and whatnot, but the magnificent boxing and loads of interesting stuff (cloth map, tarot cards, posters...) made me want it. Never really got far in the game though, soo hard for the young me.

My first three PC games were CS 1.3, Command and Conquer: Generals and Age of Empires 2. I didn't play the games, my brother did and I was just backseat gaming. I remember my bro would play scrimmage in CC:Generals and play against computer. He would pick GLA and make a lot of suicide bombers and attack the enemy base using that. LOL. Those were fun times.

My first PC game is war of duty modern warfare 4. I love that kind of game because it will enhance your skills in strategy on how are you going to complete the mission. After 1 month playing that game I was able to finish the entire mission and now focusing on the new version of modern warfare.

My first PC game was Super Mario from a Gameboy Advance device. At first i was told by my childhood friends to play Super Mario and i was like who the hell is Super Mario is he like Super Man, after a discussin with my friends i convinced my parents to buy me a Gameboy device which is really costly at that time but somehow my parents got it for me. The moment i turned on my Gameboy i was so excited that ive been waiting for like 5 minutes in the gameboy logo just realizing i havent inserted the chip for super mario(man i was ignorrant). For the first 10 tries i really sucked at it cause i dont get the idea of it but later on it was pretty cool, like discovering the shorcut to the other stages which can be found on stage 2(if you know what i mean and if you have played it) and many more secrets that in store by the GM. Now many games have an adaption of the Super Mario game and im proud that SUPER MARIO is still alive today kicking in many different type of Game genre.

Bowser here i come again. :)

First PC game was probably The Oregon Trail. They had computers at the school library, which even kindergarteners were allowed to use. Bold move.
First actual game is harder to pinpoint. I was a master of Smurf Rescue on the coleco at 4 years old. But we had a few different Atari systems, the Coleco and a seemingly endless supply of game which I remember all of them, just not sure which one I played first. Antarctic Adventure was always a favorite of mine though.

My first ever PC game was Need For Speed 2 SE. This game is pretty old now, but it was popular back then. If you're a 90s kid then you should've played this game. The game had pixelated graphics and had a variety of cars. My favorite car was the Ferrari. And yes, the graphics were nowhere near perfect! However, it was an awesome game.

My first PC game was Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis. I remember getting up earlier than usual just to play that game. Me being young and being really into war moves and any sort of entertainment that included army, guns and tanks, really liked this game. It is basically (like the title says) a game about the war between USA and Russia (or USSR) on a fictional land on which you could play an awesome campaign or set up your own scenarios in which you could place vehicles, tanks, people and whatnot wherever you want.

My first games were pinball for Windows and also Chip's Challenge. As for the actual games that you'd have to install, my first memory of playing a game that I got really into and installed myself was the Sims. I probably have played a few other PC games before that but this one is the one that sticks out most in my memory so I'd consider it the first. I also remember playing some DOS games but only for a few minutes total.

Oh gosh, does anyone remember Frogger, or am I totally showing my age here?

That was one of my first, and it's so retro and outdated now that most young people wouldn't have a clue at all about what it is! I think there was a Sega version too, but I mainly played it on PC.

I don't no if this game will be accepted as my first game on pc but its name is JEOPARDY. It is a game where you answer the question like a quiz bee. You are playing with your friends. The one that press the keyboard first are given the chance to answer first. A way too old game guys. :D