Your favourite video game movie?

SLTE

Registered
Sep 20, 2015
Let me preface this thread by saying that, yes, I know video game movies are bad. They're often really bad. What I'm challenging you to do is choose the one you dislike the least. Or, hey, maybe you actually like your choice. Anything's possible.

Mine is bizarre, but I'm going to go with Super Mario Bros., which is often considered one of the worst movies ever, and certainly not a faithful representation of the games. My reason is simple: it's one of those movies that's so bad it's good. I've had good times sitting around with friends and mocking it mercilessly for just how terrible it is, and in that sense it actually succeeds as a movie.

I like the first Street Fighter the most. I love it because it is very cheesy but very accurate to how the characters looked in the game. I also thought that the story was relatively well put together considering the amount of characters and lore they had to fit into it. I know a lot of people mock it because of the cheesiness of it but it's what I love about it as I do like those types of movies that are fun and aren't meant to be taken too seriously. Additionally, the casting of Raul Julia was also great as I think he elevated the film by his skill and presence and I think that really added a lot to my enjoyment of the film.

If you have ever watched the movie Narcos, you would jump at the prospect of playing its game the moment you see it. I did enjoy watching the movie Narcos and it's plot of drugs, guns and killings was very interesting.

The first day I saw an ad about the movie having a game as well, I didn't waste any moment getting the game and it gave the exact same satisfaction watching the movie gave me but this time around, I'm the one doing the killings. It's a very good game.

You know, I have to agree with you and say that I too actually have this bizarre fondness for the Super Mario Bros. movie. It is by no means a good movie, and it is an even worse adaptation of the video games, but I do find something charming about it.

The thing is though, the last time I saw that movie was in 1997 when I was five years old, and I haven't dared to watch it since. I know that if I watch it now, any fondness I may have towards that film will surely vanish, so I'd rather keep the positive memories from my childhood than trash them with my critical, adult outlook.

Besides that, I also kind of like the Prince of Persia movie. It wasn't a fantastic film by any means, but it was entertaining. However, I think I'm not opposed to it partially because I've never played the Prince of Persia games. For whatever reasons, I was just never attracted to that series enough to play more than a few demos.

I thought that Prince of Persia was decent, and I'm really not that old to have watched the classic video game movies so I can't give an opinion about them. For movies with a video game concept, Wreck-It Raph is my favorite (but yeah, it doesn't count in this context).

For me it's absolutely Wreck it Ralph! I love that it's such a fun movie, with a sweet concept - and I love that it's also something that the whole family can watch! My kids, nieces and nephews all love the movie, so we all enjoy it together. We've watched it so many times!

I thought that Prince of Persia was decent, and I'm really not that old to have watched the classic video game movies so I can't give an opinion about them. For movies with a video game concept, Wreck-It Raph is my favorite (but yeah, it doesn't count in this context).
I agree the movie is quite good and has a very castings. Although i'm not really hooked in the game i still think its a good classic game. But the movie is thumbs up for me, specially how the story is made.

Let me preface this thread by saying that, yes, I know video game movies are bad. They're often really bad. What I'm challenging you to do is choose the one you dislike the least. Or, hey, maybe you actually like your choice. Anything's possible.

Mine is bizarre, but I'm going to go with Super Mario Bros., which is often considered one of the worst movies ever, and certainly not a faithful representation of the games. My reason is simple: it's one of those movies that's so bad it's good. I've had good times sitting around with friends and mocking it mercilessly for just how terrible it is, and in that sense it actually succeeds as a movie.

I can't agree with you on that because there's a lot of gaming related or gaming inspired movies which are really great like Resident Evil, Final Fantasy, Warcraft and the very best in my opinion Ready Player One, which really should have a sequel.

I agree that Prince of Persia was decent, and I also didn't play the game but was somewhat familiar with the mechanics. I think the problem was the movie wasn't really all that memorable since no one even talks about it now, but I do agree it was at least well made. I recently also just watched Assassin's Creed and thought it was a bit above average. I think it deserved as much success as it got which unfortunately was not too much. I personally would much rather have seen them make a movie out of the very first game which had the design I liked the most. I also watched the new Tomb Raider movie and enjoyed that very much even though I wasn't expecting to. The ending kind of made me look forward to the next one as well so I am hoping that they do make a sequel.

I watched the movie Prince of Persia - The Sand of Time, and it was a very compact movie with adventure make up. I didn't get to play the game but from what I heard from some of my close friends who were fortunate enough to play the game on Prince of Persia, they all gave positive reviews about the game.

What about Assassins Creed? I have watched the movie and played the game as well. It was awesome.

I watched the movie Prince of Persia - The Sand of Time, and it was a very compact movie with adventure make up. I didn't get to play the game but from what I heard from some of my close friends who were fortunate enough to play the game on Prince of Persia, they all gave positive reviews about the game.

What about Assassins Creed? I have watched the movie and played the game as well. It was awesome.

Assassin Creed is one movie that I have watched and still play the game up till this moment. It is one that you will not get tired of playing since it is fun to play as well.

Assassin Creed is one movie that I have watched and still play the game up till this moment. It is one that you will not get tired of playing since it is fun to play as well.

Assassin Creed is a great movie that has a game extension as well. The theatrics used in the movie were amazing, I haven't seen such tricks before in any movie so far. Although, I had difficulty with playing the game, but I still managed to get to a good level on it.

Assassin Creed is a great movie that has a game extension as well. The theatrics used in the movie were amazing, I haven't seen such tricks before in any movie so far. Although, I had difficulty with playing the game, but I still managed to get to a good level on it.

Playing the game was pretty difficult for me as well as I was made to take so much time in order to learn it. However, it was a success at last as I become a pro. I would advise you search for some clips of it on the internet.

Playing the game was pretty difficult for me as well as I was made to take so much time in order to learn it. However, it was a success at last as I become a pro. I would advise you search for some clips of it on the internet.

Alright mate, thanks for the tips on looking up YouTube clips on how to master playing the game better. Even though I have other games that I'm very good at playing, learning how to play Assassin Creed better wouldn't be a bad thing either. So, I'm definitely going to try it out. Thanks once again for your help. I appreciate.

I like the Resident Evil series. The actress who plays Alice is amazing. She totally kicks butt but has depth in her character. She's compassionate and strong at the same time. Also, the graphics are really good.

Alright mate, thanks for the tips on looking up YouTube clips on how to master playing the game better. Even though I have other games that I'm very good at playing, learning how to play Assassin Creed better wouldn't be a bad thing either. So, I'm definitely going to try it out. Thanks once again for your help. I appreciate.

It would not be difficult for you to master the act of playing the game once you give it time to adapt. That is something that I did when I was still a novice as a gamer.

It would not be difficult for you to master the act of playing the game once you give it time to adapt. That is something that I did when I was still a novice as a gamer.

I'm already on my route to learning how to play the video game Assassin Creed because I just bought the game online yesterday for my Playstation 4. Once it arrives, I'm going to start giving it time to learn it.

I like the first Street Fighter the most. I love it because it is very cheesy but very accurate to how the characters looked in the game. I also thought that the story was relatively well put together considering the amount of characters and lore they had to fit into it. I know a lot of people mock it because of the cheesiness of it but it's what I love about it as I do like those types of movies that are fun and aren't meant to be taken too seriously. Additionally, the casting of Raul Julia was also great as I think he elevated the film by his skill and presence and I think that really added a lot to my enjoyment of the film.

I think you're right. There's a certain fondness for cheesy movies. It's not the fact that they're somewhat bad. But it's the devotion to stay true to the original despite looking like that. :)

I like the Resident Evil series. The actress who plays Alice is amazing. She totally kicks butt but has depth in her character. She's compassionate and strong at the same time. Also, the graphics are really good.

You are absolutely correct with that assertion @Steve5, Resident Evil lead protagonist Alice is the baddest female ass kicker that I have seen so far in any movie. I'm even thinking that she is that strong in real life and not just in acting because I saw one of her documentary on how the movie was acted and she mentioned there that she had to train for 4 months before acting the movie in order to have the mental strength to pull it off.

Super Mario Bros
Doom
Street Fighter & Legend of Chun-Li
House of the Dead
DOA: Dead or Alive
Tekken & Tekken Kazuya's Revenge

The only one I felt that got a pass was Silent Hill, as it was somehow close to the original game.