World of Warcraft

Aeliyus said:
In your fit of raging jealousy at having nothing to contribute to the discussion, you attempt to make yourself feel better by making fun of the group of people you truly wish to be a part of. In this case, you can cover up your true feelings by calling the crowd you wish to be included in "nerds", yet in truth you are far more nerdy than us, displayed by your emotional distress at not being included in what we casually discuss!

i dont know. just seemed kind of accusatory or zealous to me. but hey, now that i know..yay! we use a lot of smileys here, or exclaimation points. they help get across to everyone that we are not to be taken seriously at all. :kilroy:

GhostToast said:
i dont know. just seemed kind of accusatory or zealous to me. but hey, now that i know..yay! we use a lot of smileys here, or exclaimation points. they help get across to everyone that we are not to be taken seriously at all. :kilroy:
:idea:

"The time has [almost] come," the walrus said. "To talk of many things. Of ships, and shoes, and sealing wax, of cabbages and kings. And why the sea is boiling hot, and whether pigs have wings."

Alright, I think it is almost time to start the mygamer movement to WoW. I have some suggestions, but I am definitely open to other people's opinions.

I would like to start on a lower populated PVP realm. I would like it if we all started new characters and eventually started a new guild.

I think we should be Horde, as alliance seems to be more popular. If we could get a good Horde group, we should have more opportunities for battle ground play.

I would like to hear other's thoughts of course. These ideas are coming from someone who is still relatively new to the game. For anyone who has ever thought of playing, it is almost time.

Seeing as this is a WoW discussion thread, and I'm a WoW player, I thought it would be apt to start discussion on the issue that should be discussed by all WoW players. A short summary wouldn't do it justice - just read the bombshell located here:

http://www.alternet.org/columnists/story/26402/

Just ignore the reader comments at the end. As they are reader comments posted in a public forum, they thus adhere to Penny Arcade's Greater Internet Fuckwad Theory. :plank:

Innocent until proven guilty, they should be able to do that. I didn't read the ToS, and had no idea about this. But at the same time, I don't have anything to hide, and I don't plan on canceling my account over this, even though I wish it didn't happen.

This is an absolutely shocking article. Surely their is a breach of privacy invoked here?

Then again, if you're agreeing to it in the ToS then I suppose there's not.

There's also other implications here in that Blizzard will be able to gather up relevant information, in simple terms, create an entire psychoanalysis of what type of person you are and what your interests are so that they can then target you for other marketing purposes in the future. Whether they will or not is up in the air but you can see the implications of such 'interest snooping'. Its immoral and typifies the state of new media right now. The Big Brother generation. Pah! :p

It seems to me the state of the online world right now is understanding the people who use your products using similar methods to those highlighted in this article but from a game company as respected as Blizzard has been...this is just crazy. Its MEGA bad PR on their part and if this goes wide enough, will cause some major upshakes in what has undoubtedly been one of the most successful pc games of our time.

A sad sad shame that it had to come to this.

BeastMaster

Ok, to all or none who may be interested, I have started a character on a PVP server. You all shall determine if this will be the mygamer movement. Her name is Eponine and she is an undead level 7 warlock. I am also interested in starting a Tauren druid, but I will develop the warlock a bit first. The server is Detheroc, if anyone wishes to join me. If not, that is cool as well. Just don't kidnap Santa. THAT DOES NOT ROCK.

The Warden saga continues...

Apparently a guy by the name of Greg Hoglund has decided to take matters into his own hands regarding Blizzard's Warden. He's created a program called "Governor" to monitor what Warden does, and find out exactly what it sniffs for. His intent is for us WoW consumers to get all the info and then decide for ourselves whether or not WoW's Warden is a breach of our privacy. Blizzard hasn't banned him for using it yet, and no one can say whether or not they'll ban anyone else for using it, but it's not a hack/cheat, as it doesn't interfere with any of WoW's programming.

Check it out here: http://www.rootkit.com/newsread_print.php?newsid=371

I know everyone cares, so I thought I would share. I just got my first rank on the pvp server I joined. My warlock is a Scout. I finally got into Battlegrounds late last week, and now I am addicted. The BG is Warsong Gulch which is a capture the flag area. My warlock is not very good in most of the uncoordinated games, but I can spam damage over time spells and hopefully help those people out who can actually kill people. BG is very fun. I just wish I could get my alliance rogue on my non-pvp server in there.

wijg said:
The BG is Warsong Gulch which is a capture the flag area.

You mean people still play in Warsong Gulch?

I thought they all abandoned it and left it for dead in favor of Arathi Basin...