World of Warcraft

Druid is a complicated class. In the last patch they made the cat form damage a little better, but even though a feral druid is fun to play, I'm not sure that it's the best option yet. The thing that druids are best at is staying alive. In a 1v1 fight, what I would do is cast moonfire and faerie fire, then switch to bear form and go in to give them a beating. If you start getting low on health, use bash to stun them, or use the talent that roots them in place if they attack you (nature's grasp, I think). If you don't have that talent, use bash, change into night elf form, and root them. Take a few steps back so you're just out of reach and heal yourself, then go back into bear form. Nature's swiftness could also be a life saver, it's incredibly useful for an instant full heal. Keep in mind that your mana does regenerate while in animal forms, so having high spirit would be a bonus. The tough thing with druids is that you can benefit from so many different stats on your armor, so you will have to sacrifice something.

Hunter is my favorite class, but I'm not too familiar with the changes from the patch, so I'll tell you how I played pre-patch. As for talents, I put everything I had into making my bow do more damage. So, marksmanship with the increase damage from aspect of the hawk. There may be better talents now, you'll have to experiment if you can afford it. Since you're night elf, you'll want to use shadowmeld. Tell your pet to wait at a certain spot, back away from it, and shadowmeld. Keep in mind that rogues can track traps, so never put one at your feet or you'll give yourself away when fighting one. The key to your success is to keep your distance. Melee classes will beat you up, and caster classes will fear/root you, so keep them away. Get the improved concussion shot and use scatter shot if they get too close. If you get the jump on someone, place your trap, send your pet to attack, and start off with hunter's mark and aimed shot, immediately followed by concussion. Do NOT use your poison shot, because when they hit your trap it will do damage and immediately let them out of it. Put your pet on passive as they get close, back up, and take another aimed/concussion shot, sending your pet in. They should be dead. Make sure to keep all your pet's skills upgraded by putting it in the stables and training new pets long enough to get their skills, which you can then teach to your old pet. There are plenty of good sites for that information on WoW's hunter forums. When you have to pull two mobs in PvE, here's what you'll want to do: Place a freezing trap at your feet, and put your hunter's mark on the target you want to kill first. Shoot the OTHER one first, and send your pet on the marked one, and change your focus to the marked one, and back up a good distance inbetween shots. Keep killing the one your pet is on, and if you have marksman talents it will probably lose aggro with your pet and start to attack you. That's fine, because the other target will break your trap soon, so send your pet on that one and use a concussion shot on the one that's almost dead so it doesn't reach you. Heal your pet if you need to, send an aimed shot into the remaining monster, follow with concussion and poison and finish it off. Do it right, and you'll never get hit. Also keep in mind that walking backwards is slow, so what you want to do is turn yourself 90 degrees and strafe, pressing the "q" or "e" keys, depending on your direction. You can shoot at this angle, and still run at full speed, so look at the speed of your bow, and count in your head the seconds between shots, stopping at the right time to shoot and always keeping your distance inbetween.

Aeliyus said:
Since you're night elf, you'll want to use shadowmeld. Tell your pet to wait at a certain spot, back away from it, and shadowmeld.

Thanks for the other advice on the Hunter class for PvP, but this particular piece is a bit irrelevant for me presently. If you go back and read my previous post, I mentioned my Hunter was a Tauren. I'm sure the other advice applies for Taurens as well, but Taurens don't have Shadowmeld. Sorry about that, I probably should've made that clearer. :(

hey webimpulse...what is your char name on Mannorath? I have a hunter on there I hardly ever play...Fiagai I think.

Ronan said:
hey webimpulse...what is your char name on Mannorath? I have a hunter on there I hardly ever play...Fiagai I think.

My Hunter's name is Maskode - he's a Tauren. So unless Fiagai is a Troll or Tauren (I think those are the only two races in the Horde that can play Hunters), there's little chance we could see each other on friendly terms, since it's a PvP server.

oh right...Fiagai is actually a Night Elf. Forgot. Damn. Well...maybe if I get high up enough I'll see you sometime and you can kill me :butthead:

Webimpulse said:
My Hunter's name is Maskode - he's a Tauren. So unless Fiagai is a Troll or Tauren (I think those are the only two races in the Horde that can play Hunters), there's little chance we could see each other on friendly terms, since it's a PvP server.
Orcs can be hunters, too!

After I take my two characters through the ranks, I would be interested in joining a pvp server. If we are all still around, we should join up.

Oh and Batman's a scientist.

got bored with the hunter so I made a rogue...name is Serwe (10points for who can tell me what that is from).

42 Druid. I would be much higher at this point if it wasn't for the fact that ATI makes such terrible drivers for their cards. (Every 5 weeks I am taking my computer offline for about 2 solid days before I can do anything with it. This time it has been a week and it won't play any games anymore.)

But back to WoW

What is up with that "Virus" that is going around? I have heard about it, but I am not really clear on what it does to you, or anything like that. Anyone clear on the details?

And I don't really agree that the game ends when you hit 60 and do some quests. There are Mobs that almost no one has killed. Unless you are telling me that you are in one of the three guilds that got together and killed one of the big bads in the game.

The Virus is from the instance, Zul Gurub. Basically, level 60s contracted the virus there, brought it back to Ironforge or Orgrimmar, and it spread to NPCs and lower level players. The NPCs could out-regenerate the virus, but a level 60 disease on a level 30 player doesn't take too long to kill them.

In your fit of raging jealousy at having nothing to contribute to the discussion, you attempt to make yourself feel better by making fun of the group of people you truly wish to be a part of. In this case, you can cover up your true feelings by calling the crowd you wish to be included in "nerds", yet in truth you are far more nerdy than us, displayed by your emotional distress at not being included in what we casually discuss!

If you couldn't tell everything I wrote was in good humor as well...look at my avatar.