Wii's potential, socially

Wow that's ingenious. Or however you spell it.

That's cool to hear Basil...wait The Pocket wtf? But yah that's pretty cool =).

Don't worry about Spud he's just trying to get under your skin. Although it doesn't actually make sense because I am sure you wanted a DS anyway xp.

I don't think it will necessarily be a revolution or something, but I do think it will come closer to adjoining gamers and non-gamers. Adjoining is a word right? We all know that is always good. Perhaps Wii jokes can now be used as pick-up lines? "Hey baby, wadda ya say you come over my house and you play with my Wii ;)?"

Wow you are number 5000? That's pretty ominous.

Hey, I trust him.

I agree with Voice. Chicks do love Tetris. But semi-seriously, do you guys think the Wii will cut down on child obesity? If instead of sitting there watching TV, little fat Johnny is playing Wii Sports and at least moving and burning some calories, is that a positive influence?

If little chubby cindy god forbid breaks a sweat playing Red Steel or whatever, could the Wii be the answer to little round fat kids?

I tell you what, I don't know, and you don't want to know.

God no. There's only one kind of game that offers any form of exercise and that's DDR and its various knockoffs (Pump it Up, etc). Hell, DK Jungle Beat offers more physical activity. The best we could hope for with Wii-related fitness is this:

Revolution.jpg

spudlyff8fan said:
God no. There's only one kind of game that offers any form of exercise and that's DDR and its various knockoffs (Pump it Up, etc). Hell, DK Jungle Beat offers more physical activity. The best we could hope for with Wii-related fitness is this:

Revolution.jpg
Dude, that drawing reeked of effort.

Reeks of effort from back then. If it still reeks then it must REALLY smell.

Eye toy has a 'workout' game with a bunch of mini games, yoga and such. The Wii controller could be used in numerous ways without an eye toy to do some interesting.

spudlyff8fan said:
Either way, you're not getting fit from video games.

The last version of DDR I got (a while ago) had a "work out" option in it. And I don't know about you, I can get a decent work out from this game.

I don't think it will "solve the juvenile obesity problem", but it might slow it down a bit. At least their muscles won't be atrophying at quite as fast a rate.

I think a lot of the Wii games will feel awkward to play sitting down (tennis for example), so at the very least the kids will be on their feet.

The Pocket said:
I don't think it will "solve the juvenile obesity problem", but it might slow it down a bit. At least their muscles won't be atrophying at quite as fast a rate.

I think a lot of the Wii games will feel awkward to play sitting down (tennis for example), so at the very least the kids will be on their feet.

True. When I play fight night I can't sit down anyway. If they put fight night on the Wii it will fit me perfect.