Wii to change the face of gaming

I'm with you on that. Although, I do enjoy them in the arcade, like the old Street Fighter Alpha, or Marvel vs. Capcom (that was my fav.).

I haven't spent a tonne of time with Smash Bros. but when I have played it, I found it extremely busy and confusing, requiring the player to shift focus a little too often. I can certainly see how it would be fun if I got more used to it, but I don't have the interest to try.

re: controller, I thought they weren't using the Wii-mote, I thought they were using the classic controller (the one that looks like a SNES controller with analogue sticks).

I agree with Basil on the business part. There is just to much happening and I don't really see the point in trying to get used to it. My brain hurts just thinking about that game. I have friends that love it and some games that are similar. I am just not into it.

I remember old school Street Fighter in the arcade. I still play that with my cousin every once in a while when we go hang out.

Well, I love my 2d fighters like Street Fighter, but Smash Bros is still an excellent game. It's something you've got to play with every intention of winning.

I know that this forum has trailed off from how the Wii is going to change the face of gaming but I am gonna try and bring it back.

I think that might be an overstatement. I believe that the face of gaming has already been changing so much over the last few years. I think that the Wii is gonna, not change, but bring us back to the good ol' age of gaming. You know, when games were just fun because and noody cared about graphics and pixels and polygons and hard drives and output and all of that other schtuff. I am looking forward to the games that are coming out just because the games look FUN. the warioware graphics are not revolutionary. but the game looks awesome. Nintendo continues to market an experience and I appreciate it immensely.

I certainly don't think they'll be changing the face of gaming. To be honest, nothing Nintendo has shown makes me want a Wii. The technology is interesting, but they don't have one title that makes me say "I must own it". Lets say Mario, Metroid, and Zelda are must haves because of the gameplay. What else is there? IMO, nothing. I'm not getting a system and then buying only one game for it every year like the GC. And this is leaving out the fact that I'm a graphics whore, in which case the Wii is as limp as can be. They need to show me something that is only possible to even imagine with the Wii remote and then I'll think about getting one. Right now it just sounds like a nice gimmick to me. I'd like to get one, but they have to make me want one first.

Well, Mav, the Cube really was disappointing in terms of a consistent flow of games, never mind a consistent flow of good games. Really, after the Cube's launch, we didn't see another good game a solid six months. The Wii definitely won't have that...for probably six months. I'm still wary of Nintendo's ablity to provide any level of consistency.

Id have to agree with you.. I am very wary of Nintendo's abillity to keep me motivated. They really stuck us with the cube. Launch titles were key, but the loss of Rare is killer. So 360 anyone?

Yeah, Rare was a major loss. People say "ooooh, they sucked, and Nintendo knew it so they dumped em." So I say "stfu, bitch. They were Nintendo's best devteam and Nintendo dumped em cuz they never bother maintaining American devteams no matter how much America loves em cuz Nintendo just doesn't care about America."

They do screw america over a lot, but I'm just kinda sick of playing the same FPS over and over again. If nintendo's giving me different way to play I want it. I know I'll get a lot of people anrgy, but 360(Halo 3) and PS3(Metal Gear Solid 4) didn't show me anything new. Just same games better graphics.

So, you think they'll be different from the others. I'll give it to metal gear cause the story keeps you up to want to play, but halo3 will be the same FPS it has always been

Yeah sure for you, but when get the same game over and over again don't you get a little bored. Example: Resident Evil 4 was good and different.

I've yet to understand the hype around any of the Halo games. I have fun for a bit, but then I get really bored playing them.

hear hear! Halo's pretty lame in my books. I appreciate that other people have different books. That's just not my preferred style of play. Even the Metroid Prime series hurts a bit because they're FPS's. I play them because I grew up with the character, and the stories are all good. Master Chief is a new kid on the block, and he hasn't earned his cred with me.

Halo is a good game but it's the smae as every FPS right or wrong. CAN ANYONE GIVE ME THE DIFFERENCE Between HALO and any FPS. NOPE NO ONE CAN. Same as with RPG's You can not give or show a difference between them. But with every RPG, Action RPG, Action Adventure Game, It's all in HOW you play. That is the diff. With the FPS it's the same game over and over again with noe reall diff in the game. Go here Shoot there, Jump here Shoot there. You really can't play the game but only one way. Shoot, Shoot, Shoot. Nothing against Halo it's a good game but it does not deserve all the praise some of you are giving it.