Which games have the best PvP?

Zyni

Registered
Nov 7, 2014
I enjoy PvP, but I've only really played WoW seriously. I've heard that other games do PvP better, so I'm looking for opinions on the best PvP games. I like the MMORPG thing but would also consider others. I like team based PvP as well, like RBG and arena. Single player could work too I guess, but team based is more fun for me.

If you're talking about MMO PvP, WoW's so so compared to other MMO's that have come out in recent years. I never really had too much fun with WoW PvP since it was a lot of camping and pillar dancing. World PvP in WoW is almost dead in the game save for a few die hard servers that still remember how to have fun. Guild Wars 2 I have to admit nailed PvP well. The World PvP is epic with siege warfare, capturing important points, supplies, guarding supply routes, ect. I haven't done the team based PvP, but I've heard that they're extremely fun as well and more like mini versions of World PvP.

Reactions: Zyni
I agree with Cereus, GW2's pvp is really fun. It's actually the only fun part of that game for me at this current time. The learning curve is a bit rough, though, as there are a lot of variables to consider every time you engage in PVP in that game..from what spells your weapon provides you and etc.

Thanks guys. I have heard that Guild Wars 2 has fun PvP. I might give that one a try. Any other ideas?

WoW PvP is definitely different from others (from all I've heard). Most people don't think it's very good. I have had fun with it, but it is always ridiculously unbalanced and it can be frustrating. Group play is definitely preferred since some classes are meant to counter others.

You should try Runescape pvp trolololol. No but seriously Guild Wars 2 is a ton of fun to PvP. Dont have too many hours of GW2 playtime but I enjoyed the PvP Alot

TERA is a pretty fun game for being free to play as well. It has a lot of fun PVE as well as PVP...but it's kind of lacking as far as open world pvp unless you're on a pvp server. There's also only 3 battlegrounds...BUT the combat in that game is absolutely amazing. It's live action kinda like Blade and Soul.

Ah, yes, I've also heard good things about TERA. Worth a look as well, especially since it's free. Thanks.

World PvP, or spontaneous PvP can be great fun. I miss it in WoW. I mostly stick to rated since randoms aren't nearly as much as they used to be. People just jump in, run around, farm HKs, and many don't bother with the objectives.

Yeah..I play WoW right now (since everything is nice and fresh from the expansion) and I play on a completely full PVP server. The world pvp has really dwindled lately..people tend to leave eachother alone even though world pvp is totally available. Myself, I try not to fight someone unless they can actually put up a fight for me. I don't believe in ganking people while they level.

But yeah, Tera is amazing! You'll probably enjoy it a lot :)

I have downloaded the tera launcher thingy, But i havent taken the time to start downloading it because of far cry 4. Is it worth the download time?

I will also have to with GW2 for the best game for PvP. I played a lot of games that had PvP in it, but for me GW2 was the most fun of them all. You also don't have to be the highest lvl in GW2 to be on the same level as other people, because GW2 PvP has that sorted out.

Gw2 has amazing PvP. There is WvW which is an entire world of it's own where entire servers fight each other and take over land / Castles, And there is also small 5v5 team PvP.

In some ways Gw2's PvP is better than WoW. It is more skill based. In solo / team PvP it isn't about gear at all. You also get scaled up to max level in PvP so you can start as soon as you log in.

You should try Runescape pvp trolololol. No but seriously Guild Wars 2 is a ton of fun to PvP. Dont have too many hours of GW2 playtime but I enjoyed the PvP Alot

I really liked Runescape Wildy PvP in the past, it was one of the few games with such high-risk high-reward. In most other games you simply get points for killing a person, in Runescape you get all the gear they are wearing and whatever is in their inventory. I think it was the best concept of PvP in MMOs for a long time until the game went downhill in 2009

I have downloaded the tera launcher thingy, But i havent taken the time to start downloading it because of far cry 4. Is it worth the download time?

Well, it depends on what sort of player you are. If you're looking for a lot of end-game content and character progression then Tera may not be for you. It usually only has one or two viable raids available for the PVE player and as of right now there are only three battlegrounds for the PVP players. The combat is amazingly fun, though, and so just for that I always recommend that people at least try it out.

If you're just considering MMO's, then I think your best bet for PVP is Guild Wars 2, it is a lot of fun and well balanced.
Other than that, you can also try SWTOR, the battlegrounds are also a lot of fun there, but if the server isn't balanced then it's no fun...

I really liked Runescape Wildy PvP in the past, it was one of the few games with such high-risk high-reward. In most other games you simply get points for killing a person, in Runescape you get all the gear they are wearing and whatever is in their inventory. I think it was the best concept of PvP in MMOs for a long time until the game went downhill in 2009
Fun thing is they actually released the 2007 around a year ago. Wich can be played by paid members (Unfortunately) It does give some nostalgic feelings and like you said you can actually still do wilderness pvp. I quit it soon after it came out but i am considering rejoining it for the sake of it.

Well, it depends on what sort of player you are. If you're looking for a lot of end-game content and character progression then Tera may not be for you. It usually only has one or two viable raids available for the PVE player and as of right now there are only three battlegrounds for the PVP players. The combat is amazingly fun, though, and so just for that I always recommend that people at least try it out.
I will probably download it when i find the time then. As i am not really a PVE player but do love the risk of PVP. but the fact that you said the combat is amazingly fun i will give it a try.

If you're just considering MMO's, then I think your best bet for PVP is Guild Wars 2, it is a lot of fun and well balanced.
Other than that, you can also try SWTOR, the battlegrounds are also a lot of fun there, but if the server isn't balanced then it's no fun...

People are still playing SWTOR? I bought and played for about 2 months on launch. Hit cap and got bored real quick. The PvP was entertaining enough for a while, (Huttball makes for some hilarious moments) but it got rather boring.

Once they went f2p, I went back to take a look but the payment model was so incredibly intrusive that I set it back down almost immediately. I much prefer the f2p model that Rift has taken on. The PvP there is effectively the same as SWTOR.

I have to agree with hyoyeon. I've been playing TERA for over a year now, and the PvP is still extremely fun. Unlike most games, in TERA, you have to aim your skill shots and there are many combos to pull off. Each time you duel or PvP someone, your skill order is situational and you have several skills to use so it doesn't really get boring. Unfortunately, not that many people play it and the 3v3 battleground takes a while to find players who are queuing for it.

People are still playing SWTOR? I bought and played for about 2 months on launch. Hit cap and got bored real quick. The PvP was entertaining enough for a while, (Huttball makes for some hilarious moments) but it got rather boring.

Once they went f2p, I went back to take a look but the payment model was so incredibly intrusive that I set it back down almost immediately. I much prefer the f2p model that Rift has taken on. The PvP there is effectively the same as SWTOR.

The f2p model in SWTOR is very dependant on whether you've spent any money in the shop.
Once you do, you're a preferred member and the game is a lot less restricted, you can have a very nice experienced as long as you're not too hardcore, since the restrictions are number of dungeons, battlegrounds and space fights per week.

The f2p model in SWTOR is very dependant on whether you've spent any money in the shop.
Once you do, you're a preferred member and the game is a lot less restricted, you can have a very nice experienced as long as you're not too hardcore, since the restrictions are number of dungeons, battlegrounds and space fights per week.
It just bothers me a little that I'm being relegated to the masses after being one of the players that actually bought the originally released game. I mean, I don't plan on going back to the game as it feels rather dated now, but it still bothers me to an extent when a studio will turn its back on the people who gave them some measure of success in the first place.