What's the first game you beaten?

The first PC game I won was King's Quest I, and the first console game was Kung Fu Master for the Sega Master System (sweet). I don't remember what my first arcade game was, Killer Instinct maybe, or Tekken, pretty sure it was a fighting game.

Superman (Atari 2600) may be the first game I "beat" ... that has an ending.

I'd argue that I also "beat" some games w/out ends such as Breakout, Asteriods and Space Invaders (also for the Atari 2600). Being able to play almost infinitely until your younger sister crosses the TV screen or yanks out your joystick cable have to count for something.

Huddy said:
Had to be Adventure for the Atari 2600...second game ever was Castlevania for the NES.

My NES Castlevania had the crashers curse at the end - got to the final boss and right as I was about to win, it would go pixel crazy for a few secs and freeze. So in my mind I've "beaten" it several times, but never actually seen the end.

Looks like I might need to pullout an emulated version... but those are never quite the same :(

Some where around Metroid, SMB, Castelvania, Turtles, and Kid Icarus. It was one of them. I can't remember really. Only due to that fact that I play so many at a time.

I'd have to say the original phantasy star for Sega master system... that was a great game. I beat it then i went and look at the forum years later and you can be amazing on how big you thought that game was, If you played it before you know what i mean

Arg, I have never beaten a game. Well not that I can think of at the moment. I have gotten really close to a couple but towards the end the learning curve went through the roof or got really repeaditive (spelling) so I just moved on. I hate it when the last couple of levels or the last level are just way harder than any of the other stuff that you have played up to that point. Makes me fell like I kind of wasted my time.

Meggo the Eggo said:
There was also this other game, probably an 8-bit, called Castle, where you were a small spade-shaped icon running around a "castle" collecting items to aid your escape.

I played that game a lot too. It's was all in ASCII, kind of like a roguelike but not turn-based. I don't think I ever beat it, but I remember coming really close.

I think the first game I ever beat was Pirate Adventure on my TI99/4A. It was a text adventure game. This was probably before some of you were born.