What is the very first video game you remember playing...

My first video game was Pong. Yes. Pong, way back in the 70's. We bought it to play at home. We were trendsetters. I remember spending hours watching that little white dot going back and forth, playing against my sisters. There is a certain fondness in my heart for that game....

My first video game was Pong. Yes. Pong, way back in the 70's. We bought it to play at home. We were trendsetters. I remember spending hours watching that little white dot going back and forth, playing against my sisters. There is a certain fondness in my heart for that game....
Pong will also forever hold a special place in my heart also. Although it may have been the most basic and simple of concepts, it was incredibly addicting. Sometimes I feel as though some games today have shifted away from gameplay and instead put the focus on graphics. If had to choose between better gameplay or better graphics, I would choose better gameplay every day of the week. What good is a game if it looks good but is incredibly frustrating or has poor gameplay?

Ha, don't get me started about Saboteur Chris, it was an awesome game. I loved to explore all the levels, we were like a Ninja right?

My memory is fuzzy but I think something from the Super Nintendo, perhaps Duck Hunt? I can definitely remember playing Pokemon Blue/Red otherwise for the Gameboy.
I remember duck hunt with a lot of fondness and I still wish I could play it now sometimes. It's really a shame that gun con games have faded to obscurity which I'm actually surprised by because you'd think it would be more popular with today's advanced technology.

Super Mario Bros. 3 when I visited my grandmother's (on my dad's side) place in the summer of 2000.
My uncles handed me an NES controller and played it with me, I never made it past the first goomba. My love of Luigi can be traced back to to those days because I was always player 2, and Luigi was player 2.

I know for sure what the first video game was for me. It was the yellow version of Pokemon for the Gameboy Color. I remember my brother, who is 2 years older than me, would always play it but I was never interested. So, naturally, I would annoy him so much when he was playing. Well, one day he convinced me to play it with him using my Gameboy Color which I had completely ignored until this point. On that day, my entire life changed and I have been gaming since then. Not nearly as much as I would like though :(

Not sure. Probably one of the shareware games from Epic. I think the irst game I remember playing has to be either Jill of the Jungle or Cosmo's Cosmic Adventures.

Oh gosh, I dont remember the names I think, BUT I remember playing Yars Revenge? LOL Was that the name? I know Asteroids was a hit back then but I just loved Yars Revenge. Another one I loved I think was called Combat. To this day I remember those two as my favorites back then.

Oh gosh! My first video game memories would have to be Mario Brothers and Duck hunt. I had seen video game consoles before that, but I did not really get to play them until I moved in with my cousins and they had a nintendo. My cousins would get mad because I was so good at mario and I was just 5. hehe

My first addicting PC game was Pinball that came installed on older versions of Windows. My first video game in general was probably a Mario game that I would play at my grandma's house, or possibly Tetris.

The first video game I remember playing was the first Roller Coaster Tycoon. I had to put together a computer out of parts and pieces at my house, but when I finally got it together I got to play this awesome game! I still love Roller Coaster Tycoon to this day and it gets better with every new addition and expansion pack. I can't wait for the next one to come out!

Oh gosh! My first video game memories would have to be Mario Brothers and Duck hunt. I had seen video game consoles before that, but I did not really get to play them until I moved in with my cousins and they had a nintendo. My cousins would get mad because I was so good at mario and I was just 5. hehe
Duck hunt was so addictive for me. I also loved all of the other gun games in general. It's such a shame that they aren't as popular anymore nowadays, specially since TVs are way bigger now and way more advanced.

I honestly can't remember which of these two were my first: Soul Blade or Super Mario Bros. My memories on my childhood are a bit faulty, at best. However, I remember I wasn't all that great at Super Mario Bros. and always needed help on it. I DO recall being a frequent player of Soul Blade, however. I used Seung Mina so much because I liked her outfit mostly. (I was about 5, I think?)

My first game was Super Mario All Stars. Super Mario World was definitely my favorite, because what kid doesn't love Yoshi? The others seemed to be much harder at the time, but I grew to love them too.

I think it was either Tetris, Super Mario Bros or Spiderman on the NES. To think I actually liked that Spiderman game back in the day! Looking at it now, I think it's one of the worst tributes ever to one of the greatest superheroes of all time... But still, there's some nostalgic value in it, despite it being a total pile of doodoo.

Halo: CE for me. Played the game for hours, single player and split screen. I know that it wasn't the first game I ever played, but it's the first one I can remember.

Ocarina of Time was my first. I'd watch my mom play it long before I actually did. I remember being terrified of the Wallmasters and refusing to do that part. Good times!

So many games I already mentioned here, some more to the memory, Football Manager and F1, after that Nigel Mansell GP, awesome games for the period. :)

As a kid? I know mine is Star Tropics on the original Nintendo. Then the original Nintendo game "Anticipation" where you had to name what the pencil was drawing an outline of before time ran out and it connected the dots.
I also remember the very first golden cartridge Zelda and Zelda 2:Link's Adventure and playing the hell out of them, which is probably what spawned my love of anything RPG (MMO or otherwise).

So, what game did you first play? And why that specific game? Be sure to leave some info and not just "This Game" and "IT was fun or it was on hand." If you're a true gamer, then you know your own reasons.
The very first video game that I remembered playing as a kid was Space Invaders. It was on my brother's Atari 2600 that I played the game. The next one would be Contra.

The very first game I remember playing was Alex The Kidd on the Sega Master system however, I did play more games before that but because I was a lot younger I can not remember the names of the games they were only that they were on the Atari as that was the first computer I started playing games on. I remember Alex The Kidd being a built-in game on the Sega Master System and I remember making many memories with my cousin working to the rock, paper, and scissors.