What is the very first video game you remember playing...

Shimus

Registered
Jan 21, 2015
As a kid? I know mine is Star Tropics on the original Nintendo. Then the original Nintendo game "Anticipation" where you had to name what the pencil was drawing an outline of before time ran out and it connected the dots.
I also remember the very first golden cartridge Zelda and Zelda 2:Link's Adventure and playing the hell out of them, which is probably what spawned my love of anything RPG (MMO or otherwise).

So, what game did you first play? And why that specific game? Be sure to leave some info and not just "This Game" and "IT was fun or it was on hand." If you're a true gamer, then you know your own reasons.

The very first game I can remember playing is Super Mario World on Super Nintendo. I can even remember going with my mom to buy the Super Nintendo/Super Mario bundle at Nobody Beats the Wiz!

I would spend hours on end playing Super Mario World. I think I even spent a full 24 hours playing it one day. No way I would be able to do that now.

The very game I ever played was "Bomberman" was on my cousins console. I don't even remember if it was a N64 or a Gamecube that they had. The first game I ever bought (or should I say allowed to buy) myself was "DDR Extreme 2" and "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" the game. My mother did not let me play video games as a child (she was one of those "Video games make you violent!!!1!!" people) but she finally bought me a PS2 for Christmas when I was 13. (after a years worth of me saving money for it) But then all she let me play was DDR and the one HP game on it. And I was only allowed to use the console for ONE hour a day, and no more. Ugh. Needless to say, when I was allowed to spend several hours on the computer and only a single hour on the console, and I had the choose which one I could use for the day, I stopped using my PS2 and just let it gather dust after awhile. I didn't get into video games again until I was 19 or so. :cool:

Sonic was the first game I played. Back then creating such a sensation of speed was really cool, it definitely helped to hone my reflexes for the many more games to come :p

Mine was Super Mario and Contra. At the time, NES was already old news but my brother introduced me to it before we ever got a Sega Genesis so I got to play on the old consoles for a while before getting spoiled by new technology which I always thought was pretty cool.

If I remember correctly it has be Superman for the Atari 2600:

My father brought home our first game console (it was sometime in the late 90's), I was so excited I could barely wait for him to connect it and plug it. It was one of those Chinese version of Atari that came prebuilt with thousands of games (well actually it probably had maybe a hundred but at the time it seemed like much more).

For me it would have to be one of the Mario games for the original gameboy. I believe it was Super Mario Land, and I used to play it with my parents occasionally. Sadly I never beat it, but if I can remember I might dig it up at my parents house next time I visit and try to burn through it.

I also remember a lot of SNES games from my early childhood such as A Link to the Past and Joe & Mac.

My first PC game was C&C Red Alert and it's the game that started my appreciation for RTS games.

Thinking about the past is definitely nostalgic!

The original Zork, a game called 9 Princes in Amber and I think the first Wizadry game.

The very first game I remember playing is Super Mario. I still remember getting the controller in my hand for the first time and getting excited about getting to play it finally. I still remember that day.

Pokemon FireRed is probably my first video game, I really can't think of any other possibility.

I remember playing Tetris on a Gameboy when I was around 7. Next would be Super Mario World.

Duck Hunt. I was visiting one of my Great Uncles up in Ohio. His wife bought him an NES and Duck Hunt when he got too old to go Hunting. It actually proved to be a surprisingly effective substitute and he was so proud of his NES and the game when we went up for the Family reunion.

I feel like this probably wasn't the first video game that I ever played, but Spyro comes to mind first. I used to play that on my playstation with my brother, along with lots of others. But that was definitely one of my favorites. I'd love to play that right now!

Oh man, now this is really going to show my age! The first game I ever remember playing was Hungry Horace on the Commodore 64. I have no idea how old I was back then but I was very young, I know that.

Crash Bandicoot for me, I remember spending lots of quality time with my mom while I asked her how I beat a level and we'd play for hours. Then came Super Mario 64, where I couldn't figure out how to beat bosses and asked for her help again. Of course these day I'd have the knowledge to beat them but it was a really fun experience when I was younger.

Pokemon Yellow on the Game Boy color. Still have memories of being stuck for ages because I didn't know how to get into Saffron City and I hadn't discovered the internet yet. Also remember coming across missingo and catching it, completely messing up my save file. I was stuck on the first gym against Brock for like 3 hours, steadily training my team and using normal-type attacks until they eventually died.

Pokemon Yellow on the Game Boy color. Still have memories of being stuck for ages because I didn't know how to get into Saffron City and I hadn't discovered the internet yet. Also remember coming across missingo and catching it, completely messing up my save file. I was stuck on the first gym against Brock for like 3 hours, steadily training my team and using normal-type attacks until they eventually died.

I know these feelings... I had such a hard time in the ice cave with the sliding puzzle! I got so frustrated at some of the parts but I really think that's what the charm of it was. It seems it's pretty rare to find Pokemon Yellow these days, I miss having Pikachu follow me around and being able to interact with him. One of my biggest regrets now is trading it in.

The very first game I remember playing is Super Mario. I still remember getting the controller in my hand for the first time and getting excited about getting to play it finally. I still remember that day.
Same here. I don't think it was the first video game I ever got to play but I still remember being in awe of it the first time I got to play it. I didn't really play it all that much afterwards, though, but even as a kid I knew the game was special.

Super Mario Brothers. This is the first video game I have played. I totally enjoyed this one. I was always like, "I'm coming, Princess. I'll save you." :cool:

As a kid? I know mine is Star Tropics on the original Nintendo. Then the original Nintendo game "Anticipation" where you had to name what the pencil was drawing an outline of before time ran out and it connected the dots.
I also remember the very first golden cartridge Zelda and Zelda 2:Link's Adventure and playing the hell out of them, which is probably what spawned my love of anything RPG (MMO or otherwise).

So, what game did you first play? And why that specific game? Be sure to leave some info and not just "This Game" and "IT was fun or it was on hand." If you're a true gamer, then you know your own reasons.
My first game I could remember playing was Wolfenstein 3d. It was back when the 486 dx1 was popular and that was what you had to be proud of. I played that game almost every day killing nazis which I had to do my homework before playing.