What game got you started?

js85

Registered
Nov 6, 2014
The first game I ever played which sucked me into gaming was Super Mario World on SNES. From there I also got into Kirby and Zelda on SNES before upgrading to PS1, which was all about Silent Hill, GTA, Tomb Raider, and Resident Evil!

Reactions: jsscjcbs
Honestly, the game that got me started was the old Tron series on the Atari 2600. That right there tells you just how old of a gamer I am. Mind you I was I think four when my parents bought our Atari. I've been a gamer ever since. But tron was the franchise that started it all.

The first game for me was on the PlayStation 1 and it was Hercules and involved playing as the main guy and based on the Greek stories and fighting the bad guys and trying to win battles. The Sega Mega drive was a good console and had some good games like Sonic, The jungle book and others which were real cool to play and enjoy the game and remember having to tune the Tv for the Sega which could take time. Crash bandicoot series and Spyro were the ones that were good and Tekken series which was a fighting game which were for the PlayStation and did well and were designed nicely for players.

The first games I remember playing were Super Mario and Sonic on the SEGA. There was also NBA Jam and Contra. I'm a PC guy so I didn't get to play a lot of PlayStation games. I am more into MMORPGs.

My first game was counter strike 1.6 at my cousins. :D When we got our PC, my big brother got Diablo II from somewhere and OH. MY. GOD was that game amazing then! Also, we played Heroes Might and Magic 3 in co-op. I'm going to say this - one of the best co-op games out there ever made.

I'm even more hipster and the games that got me started were Super Mario and Super Mario Karts. Console gaming was something... special. NES and duck hunting were the shit!

I started with need for speed underground 2 I think. very cool game, remember all the tuning abilities made my head spin. they could make a newer version with better graphics instead of current nfs games...

Reactions: JayWifi
The very first game I played was Super Mario bros on the NES. I still have clear memories from back then, even though I was really young. It was pretty much the game that introduced me to gaming as a whole and the guide to the whole world of video gaming. It's also the reason that platformers are my main source of fun compared to other genres with the exception being fighting games. They are a league on their own for me given it's what I play most aside from platformers.

Moving on though..

The level design, the music, everything about that game was so exciting to me the very first time I played it and heck, even to these days it still is. It's one of those games that stays with you no matter the age. From then on, I moved to the snes and the rest is history.

I had played video games at friends and relatives houses but the first game that really sucked me in was the mototcycle drag racing game Road Rash on Playstation. It had an awesome grunge soundtrack and full motion video cutscenes that were really well done. I spent so much time playing it my parents started to get worried and limited my Playstation time. I still snuck off to play it though!

Pokemon Ruby was the game that made me into a gamer. My parents got me a GBA and Ruby as a gift one Christmas as a whim, and I've been hooked on Nintendo games ever since. The mechanics of the game made me into the gamer I am, and I do not regret it.

I started with need for speed underground 2 I think. very cool game, remember all the tuning abilities made my head spin. they could make a newer version with better graphics instead of current nfs games...
I remember I had a blast with Underground 2, too. I don't think I completed the game 100% on any of my playthroughs, there were some missions I just couldn't get done with.

I used to play Pokemon every day after school. Before that, I played on one of those Game Boys with the built in game, which included saving a princess from King Kong. After that, I begged my family to buy me Guitar Hero for Christmas, and they did. That not only got me into gaming, but also into wanting to learn how to play the guitar. The only difference that came of that is that I don't play guitar anymore, haha.

What game really started it for me? Like the FIRST one? I can't decide, really. There were a few games I played when I got my first PC 12 years ago, and I can't remember which is the actual FIRST one that I have played, but I will name them anyway. The games I played when I got it were: Tom and Jerry Fists of Fury (if someone knows where to buy a copy of this, please let me know), Beach Head 2000 (I think it was 2000) and there was a Pokemon card game that I played, but I forgot the name of it. Anyone has any idea?

If I remember it right, I got so much into gaming because of Red Alert. My brother introduced the game to me and though I'm quite hesitant at first (I thought there would be a lot of blood in the game), I still went with it. I got hooked right away! That's when it all started.

It was Pokemon Gold for me. I was 4 years old at the time, I think. I got completely hooked, and it's been a non-stop ride from there.

To be honest here the game that got me started i think was tetris. I remember always playing this game on my game boy and sucking at it and my mom reking at it. I think that tetris on it's own was a all sound game and was really really good in general. It is a great transition game to start.

The game that got me started was Zelda Ocarina of time at the age of like 6-7. On the weekends (back then), me and my grandpa used to stay up extra late in order to keep playing the game. We literally played it every weekend until we go stuck at one of the boss's, but he had a brilliant idea (back then, lol) of looking up for the walk-through on the internet (when it was still dial up) and printing them out into a huge manual (aka dictionary) so we could finally finish the game. Man, I miss those times haha.

Last edited:
My first experience was watching some kids play counter-strike, and then they let me play. It was so amazing back then, and still is! I had never seen anything like it before, and it just amazed me!
Good times.

It was the same with me: Super Mario World. My mom introduced me to it. The Legend of Zelda also introduced me to gaming. I also had a lot of Pokemon games for my GameBoy, too. I don't remember what kinds of Pokemon games I had, but I had quite a few. I was more obsessed with Pokemon when I was six than I am now ._. I still play a lot of Super Mario games today on my Nintendo DS and Wii.

I played games before when I was really little but it was nothing that could hook me to being a gamer on any kind of level except semi-casual. Then, one day, my mom brought home Crash Bandicoot and it's sequel. I spent hours upon hours on those games. I've beaten the first one several times but I'm ashamed to say that I haven't had the same luck with it's sequel.