What game got you started?

I played quite a lot of games but did not have crazy interest on any of them. It is probably Gods that got me started. The graphics are good. It is not a simple fighting game. It requires some manipulation of levers which I find it amusing.

My first game was Super Mario Brothers for the NES. After that I bought Zelda which really drew me into gaming. Almost 25 years later and I still play Legend of Zelda games.

One of the more memorable games that got my attention was Load Runner for the Commodore 64. Compared to Atari games in the era, it really set itself apart as far as depth in gameplay. Action, puzzle solving and multiple levels of play, Atari could not compete with the Commodore.

For me it was Streets Of Rage. I never really finished any of my previous video games prior to that because they were just too long and too difficult to pull off without a save feature but somehow this game to me had the right balance and I was almost always able to finish it in one sitting. Also it was especially more fun when played with someone else.

The first game I ever played which sucked me into gaming was Super Mario World on SNES. From there I also got into Kirby and Zelda on SNES before upgrading to PS1, which was all about Silent Hill, GTA, Tomb Raider, and Resident Evil!

Yes I was a huge fan and addict of all Super Mario games as well especially Super Mario three. Zelda was cool to it was just a little slow and unadventurous to me at times. I could never find Zelda in that castle. Eventually, I gave up on it.

Technically the first game I ever played was Pong, and later I got to play some Atari games (Pac-Man and Ms. Pac-Man, Frogger and Space Invaders mostly) at my friends' houses (we couldn't afford an Atari). However the game that really hooked me was SimCity, and I've been a PC gamer ever since. We had it installed in our computer labs when I was in college in the early 90s and I played it every chance I could get.

Like many, I am sure, I really got started on a lot of the real epics like Super Mario 3. Other games like Yoshi's Island and Super Smash Bros. were big contributors to my love for the industry as well. But there was one game above all others that truly launched my hobby into video games.

That was none other than Final Fantasy Tactics on the original Playstation. I could point to the epic story, the immersion into Ivalice, or the fantastic cast of characters as to why I loved the game so much. But it was the time I dedicated to it that truly set it apart. Before Tactics, I would play through a game, enjoy it, but move on to other things.

With FF Tactics, that wasn't the case. I poured hundreds of hours into playing this game, and wanted to do nothing else. It took my simple hobby to the next level, and I really never looked back.

The first game I played was Super Mario Brothers then I got hooked on Galaga, Sonic, Tetris, Columns, Ice Breakers, Bushido Blade, Crash Bandicoot and Sypro. My sister and I loved Street of Rage and Sonic 3. We always played together (now she enjoys playing RE6 with me but thinks Revelations is scary hehe). The games that made me really seriously interested in gaming would have to be Final Fantasy and Tekken 3. My first Final Fantasy was FF8 and that opening sequence was glorious. As for Tekken, I've been a fan ever since.

I can't remember the name of it but there was this 8-bit bike game that I used to play a lot on my Gameboy Advanced. I got it as a present in a 200+ games in 1 cartridge. I remember it having games like PIrates of the Carribean, Super Mario, some version of Pokemon, and the bike game. I play the bike game first.

What was hilarious about the cartridge was it coincidentally didn't have the space to store save data. So every time I played a game like Super Mario or Pokemon I'd have to start from the complete beginning.

Super Mario Brothers for the NES with Duck Hunt and that Nintendo trigger gun. I really liked Duck Hunt. That started it all.

When I was a baby I used to watch my dad play videogames and when I finally got old enough, my first game I have ever played was either Spyro or Crash Bandicoot. Since then I've been obsessed with gaming, no matter what genre. While platforming doesn't seem very popular nowadays, its nice to look back at my roots in seeing what got me into this crazy hobby of mine. :)

Sonic and Mario were my first forays into console gaming. My elementary school had ancient computer games like the Oregon Trail so that certainly helped with PC gaming haha.

Pokemon on the Gameboy. On my train ride to school, I would always bring it out of my pocket and play some quality Pokemon. On school trips or trips to a relative's house, I would always bring my Gameboy. I didn't play Pokemon exclusively, I also played bomberman, tetris, and a bunch of other games which I forgot. Pokemon was what really propelled me to find more games and play them.

My first game was either Super Mario Bros. or Duck Hunt on an NES clone called "Rambo". It was pretty much the only console available back when I was 2 in my country, and I learned playing games before learning how to speak properly.

Then, the cheap thing broke down and my parents saw how brokenhearted I was, and they bought me my first PC. Since then, I have been a PC gamer. Disney's Aladdin was the first game I played on that PC.

The very first video game I played was pong. It may have been simple but the gameplay was a whole lot of fun. My uncle owned an Atari and so I put in countless hours playing both Pong and Paperboy.

The first console I owned was the NES. It came with two games, Duck Hunt and Super Mario Bros. I played Duck Hunt sparingly as I ended up getting frustrated with the NES Zapper which was extremely temperamental. It was, however, Super Mario Bros. that really turned me into a hardcore gamer. This was the first game that I owned that I was completely addicted to.

Well my first games were from Humongous entertainment, just for the PC. I've played those a lot, and they're even now great fun if I want to relax. The first 'real' game I played, I believe was Avatar on the DS lite, and then came mario kart DS, a franchise of which I'm still fond of.

I had a really bad case of the chicken pox for over a month. It was ridiculous and apparently most children get over it in a week or two at most but I had a really severe case. I was getting restless and my dad decided to bring me comic books and a Nintendo 64. Now those comic books were cool. I always loved comics. But with the N64 he brought me a copy of WWF No Mercy and Paper Mario. Those two games made the time stuck in bed much more bearable.

My very first console was the GBA and I had like three cartridges. One was Frogger, the other was Super Mario Brothers Advance 2, and this really sketchy "32 in 1" game cartridge. The GBA was a hand me down from my cousins, who got a new gaming system and felt bad because no one in my family had any video games at all. I lost interest of Frogger within a few minutes of playing the game, but I was still elated that I actually owned some video games. Super Mario Brothers got so addicting for me and my siblings that we had to take turns playing our own save files. Whenever I got stuck, I asked my brother, the best player out of all of us, to help me beat the rounds. The "32 in 1" game was kinda weird. It had games like Tetris, Dr. Mario, Pokemon Yellow, and many more weird games in Japanese. Tetris and Dr. Mario were super addicting. The game I really loved, however, was Pokemon. Thankfully, it was in English, but I was never able to save the file. Every time I saved and turned the game back on, it just restarted as a new game. Eventually, I got sick of it and saved money up to actually buy Pokemon Firered. Maybe this issue is what got me into Pokemon. After all, we always want what we can't have. I would play the few games I had for hours on end, trying to hide the game whenever my parents walked by. I don't use the GBA anymore now that I have a 3ds, but it gives me such wonderful nostalgic memories.

I can remember having Nintendo with games like Duck Hunt and Ninja Turtles (the one where they were all Raphael sprites with different weapons), but the game I can remember playing the most is Super Mario World on Nintendo. I can remember getting it the same day I got my Super Nintendo. It's a day I'll never forget, and the day a gaming legend was born.

I didn't really have access to many games. The first game I remember playing was super smash brothers on the Nintendo 64. I thought it was great, and I kept beating my friend. I moved on to GameBoy after that and played some pokemon. Then I got a laptop, Steam, and I just played more from there.