What do you guys think of "New 3DS"?

Doesn't seem easy to bump, though I suppose it's how you hold it. Thanks for the pic, Ridge. I cracked my touch screen on Sunday so now I can't play games -.- God, I wish I had the New 3DS right now.

Doesn't seem easy to bump, though I suppose it's how you hold it. Thanks for the pic, Ridge. I cracked my touch screen on Sunday so now I can't play games -.- God, I wish I had the New 3DS right now.

I wish they would just annouce a NA release date already..

I wish they would just annouce a NA release date already..
According to Wiki, it'll be released this year in NA. Apparently the market isn't ''saturated'' enough with the previous model. Ridiculous - it's the same thing nearly, they just added the word 'new.'

So now that it's been officially annouced I'm going to wait awhile. Only the XL is coming to NA, and I wanted the normal sized one. I'll still end up getting it, but I'm waiting for a Pokemon themed one.

Last edited:
I got the magical email a couple of weeks ago offering me the chance to be one of the new 3DS ambassadors. :D

I didn't take them up on the offer (I might have been tempted if it had been the XL model) but I'm very likely to get one in the future. I love my 3DS, but there's nothing wrong with my current device. I'll upgrade once the price drops.

I really like the idea of improved 3D. I usually have it turned off, partly to save the battery and partly because I'm usually on the sofa when I'm playing. I'd like to turn it one more, so that's something which really appeals to me. I do wish it had a much better battery in it though.

I guess the new 3DS is fine but what else can they really do to this. You can always get the new one to be up on the latest technology. It is a great little handheld product.

So I bought one. Before you judge me let me defend myself a little:

I had a launch 3DS, just outside of the "get a ton of free games for nothing" program. My right shoulder button was dead and it wasn't holding a charge for longer than a day (maybe 14 hours) when in sleep mode, playing it required knowing where the power cord was at all times. I sort of just needed to buy a new system or do the tech guy thing and fix it (i hate doing that when it is my only system). The new 3DS, at this moment, is the same price as the "old" 3DS XL, so why not.

It is so much better. The 3d head tracking thing works in anything that isn't the Nintendo setup app. I have had a couple of friends play around with it and it works for everyone. There isn't a reason anymore to not have the slider all the way up as the system just adjusts to how it should project. If you suddenly move it will sometimes "snap" to the right focus, but that is for stupid sudden movements.

The faster processor is NOTICEABLE. Noticeable as in Fantasy Life loads menus, new maps, and saves the game jarringly faster. That might sound odd, but when you have played a game for 25 hours and sudden the timing on everything inside of it suddenly changes it is ultra weird. Monster Hunter 4 (only ever played on the new system) might as well not have loading time. When you are getting into the game the longest parts are hitting a button to skip the load screen itself.

I like it a lot! I don't have one myself yet, but I really want to get one because it looks so awesome! Right now I only have the 2DS, which does it's purpose but definitely isn't as amazing as the new ones!