Sometimes a movie comes along that makes you think "What the ****"...

asylum_boy

Executive Editor
Registered
Aug 2, 2005
On My Throne
....My wife just finished watching Napolean Bonaparte....and man, i saw a few scenes and didn't get it....Maybe it's just me but wife found it hilarious..... :boggled:

Last edited:
On a related note...

To me, the '80s defines the "What the ****..." attitude, that phrase you utter when you see or hear something that blows your mind in good and bad ways at the same time. The '80s zeitgeist alludes my comprehension moreso than any relatively recent era or decade. But anyway, there's a movie called "Blood Diner" that was made in this era, which is on my top 5 list of "Greatest things to come from the 80s". That is a "what the ****..." movie and is awesome. Another one is Street Trash, though more crude. So if you seek that attitude in things, search the 80s.

That's because it's directed by Terry Giiliam - the cartoonist from Monty Python. He has also directed The Brothers Grimm, 12 Monkeys, The Meaning of Life, and Baron Munchausen.

One day, BCampbell, I will see it... last I heard, Lynch was selling DVDs of it off his website for like $40+

If you don't want to shell out the money to see that, then see Mulholland Dr. which came out in 2001.

Yes, Blue Velvet is another acquisition for me in the near future. It's been pretty cheap on amazon for a while... around $11-12.

I'm going to go with The Wall.....only for the fact when he shaved his eyebrows off, i was totally hammered and was like "Whoa!!!"

Apocalypse Now (Redux) , one of my all-time favs, still has that WTF quality about it at times, especially the little things that happen on the way. It steps way outside the context of the war it inhabits and becomes surreal.