Share Your Gaming stories!

When I was a bit younger and playing Phantasy Star II, I remember during the final boss fight against Dark Force. This was the very first time I played an RPG all the way through on my own without any help at the time. The fight was pretty much back and forth, and I was running out of supplies...and troops. Pretty soon, I was down to the big warrior guy, Rudo, who was himself down to his very last hit points. The next turn came up, Rudo went first, and fired the last shot that would finally kill the bad guy. If Dark Force had been the one to go first, my guy would have died if he batted an eyelash.

Also, i'm not very good at Halo (still get screwed up with FPS controls on a console, despite the fact that the controls for Halo and Halo 2 are quite good). Well, I was playing a splitscreen game with a roommate once who is considerably better at Halo than I am, and we were fighting it out on the Battle Creek map. At some point, I picked up the sniper rifle and got some cover. i knew he was somewhere up on the ridges, and crept around until i saw a piece of him sticking out from behind a rock. I fired a couple of shots, and he bolted over the ridge edge. While he was falling off the rocks, I took aim without think and got him with a headshot in mid-air. My best FPS showing ever.

My story hearkens (<-spelling???) back to the days of when I first picked up a GameBoy Color... it was still my brother's GBC at the time, but I played it a heckuva lot more than he did :)

I was playing PokéMon Red, the first game we had ever gotten and had clocked bajillions of hours into. My bro and I had even gone to a PokéMon con at a mall and found a bunch of kids with Blue versions. We did a lot of trading, I finally got my beloved Sandshrew, we also got an official Nintendo Mew, and learned how to play the PokéMon TCG (I still remember sitting in a tutorial class with a bunch of other kids and two adults teaching us the basics we already knew. "Now what happens when a PokéMon loses all of its HP?" they asked. They got a unanimous, "THEY DIE!!!" from us, and replied in a pale-faced kinda way, "Um, no, they faint, but that works too..." Anyway, back to the real story... yay frame stories) After this con was all said and done, my brother and I together had collected 148 PokéMon. Oh, happy day. We were so close.

I was traveling through Diglett's Cave for some reason or another, saved the game, and turned off and then back on only to find....

"hey, what happened to the Continue game option?"....

....I started bawling. The next thing I really remember is my mom calling Nintendo's helpline about why her kid's game data disappeared without a trace. They could probably hear me crying in the background (and you could probably hear it several zip codes over too). As we all know, Nintendo could do nothing for the lost data, but tried to compensate by sending us a new Red version (both of which I still have). I've never gotten that close to catchin' 'em all again.

Well, I don't exactly have any riveting tales of near-death and then getting lucky/whipping out the pwnage (none that I can remember at least...happened too many times in Guilty Gear).

Me and my friend were playing some Guilty Gear X2 #Reload at a friend's house...probably 2 o' clock at night, I am sitting on the floor, him on my friends bed, and I beat him (it's typically the other way around), so before I can be like "I PWNED YOU LAWL" he hurled his controller at my face, and it hit my eye/almost hit my eye XD! He was like "OH SHIT!". He meant to throw it at the floor lmao.

i have one that i can think of off the top of my head,
about a year ago waiting in the blue screen abyss of halo 2 for the game to start all my team mates including a good buddy of mine all get lagged out. So on Coag. i am playing 4 V 1 with the odds on my favor in the sense i can kill for but only die once each time. I ended up doing some serious ish and pulling it off 10-7. Needless to say everyone on there team sent me friend requests that made me laugh.

I have also gone 31 and 0 on beaver creek before that was kinda sweet

Last week when playing halo i had 5 kill frenzies in 4 games. The other 3 games were cool but the forth was the best. I just got done with a kill frenzie and was deperately looking for someone else to kill for a killtrocity then a killamenjaro, but I'm not lucky enough to get one. I don't think ill ever get one!!!!!! But anyways after i got the kill frenzie i was disappointed that i couldn't get 7 in a row, but seconds later i got another kill frenzie, two of the kills were no scopes. It was one of the many amazing things I do in halo 2, but I'll never be satisfied till I get a killamenjaro.

I just remembered this story and i have to tell it. I was playing H2 on Midship. I just spawned when a player came out of nowhere from the lift. So out of shere instinct i stuck him. then another player came from my left so i stuck him. So far thats a double kill. Then I soon realized that that player was being followed and his follower jumped in front of me. Well with the stickies I picked up from my last kill i stuck the follower. Now I have a triple sticky kill. A second later a player spawns in front of me and so I stick him and run off laughing with a sticky killtacular!!!!!!!

This story isn't that special but yesterday I was playing H2 with my friend and we were playing double team. It was a 2v2 rifle match on Lockout and I had host, surprisingly, I never get host =( . Well half way through the match I was dominating like usual and it was 12 to 9, our lead. For some reason my parter was laged out and I was alone to fight them both by myself which made it a 2v1 match with the odds against me. These guys were pretty decent and it wouldn't be easy to take them both on at the same time. Well the battle went on and I was doing some crazy sh## in the match, but it came to 2:30 mins left and the score was 15 to 15. This was very bad for me but I kept my cool and just worked a basic strat that most ppl don't know how to use, STAYING BACK. Awaiting for what was supposed to be me losing the game I was on the bottum floor of the BR tower waiting for them. Luckily it wasted a whole min. and I had time to figure something out to not lose. After coming up with a plan I decided to give away my position by throwing a grenade in the drop whole to the middle section of the BR tower hoping to hit one but I missed. This is okay though cause that wasn't part of my plan. They did exactly as I planed they were going to do and I had them in the palm of my had. Hands trembling and adrenaline rushing, the first of them droped down. I was going nuts we were both putting up some crazy moves, but it was to much for each other. I droped back to the back bridge towards the sword spawn waited seconds a few seconds for him to attack. He jumped out we were fighting, shooting, putting up some good moves when his partner cam from the ramp down to help. I plan on this and was ready to make my move. Since I was host I had a slight advantage and I used it. I finally killed the first guy while taking cover behing a pillar I guess I'll call it from the other guy. With a third of my shield left I went for the other guy. I knew I had to take him out or else I would have no chance of winning. He went in the bottum room of the Br tower and thats when I made my move. I tossed a grenade, it hit him a little and that was enough for my host BR to take over and within a spilt second I took him out. This all took place in 30 seconds and oh how long those 30 seconds were. Trembling with excitment, I decided to take an all out attack on whoever I saw, when I caught there biggest mistake ever. They were frantic. Less than 50 seconds left in the game and they needed 3 kills to win. Using this at my advantage I cught one of them walking in the middle of the map, ALONE. I easliy took him out and burst with laughter after I heard his partner below say,"dam this kid is good...theres no way we can win now."With 10 seconds left in the game I gave them a curtousy kill and ended the game with a 18 to 16 win on a 2v1 rifle match on Lockout. Just another typical day of Halo 2.

i don't know, at the time she called, i just really didn't feel like going out anywhere and spending the last of my $$. i think i told her i had some "things to take care of" or that i was busy or something. i told a friend of mine about it on the phone that same night and he went back and told her the next day (bastard :bomb:)

she was pretty pissed about it (understandably)

moral: don't choose videogames over putang; or if you do, pick a better game than FF8

Last edited:
kurruption said:
when it comes to Final Fantasy, 8 is the cream of the crap

Agreed... except it did have a good intro video, but the rest of the game was not enjoyable for me.

You know what I miss? Blockbuster used to have these video game tournaments in the SNES days. I remember I won a Clay Fighter tournament and got to pick out a free SNES game and got an award and stuff. They were so ahead of their time.

i liked the first 2 disks of FF8, after that it kinda went downhill for me

hollywood video totally stole that tournament idea a couple years back, in the gamecrazy section of the store

Ok I gotsa a few stories to tell. The first. This one technically isnt some great legacy but its damn funny. I brought my laptop over to a frends and we were playing doom3 when it just came out, and he was on the guns and i was moving the guy. We were scared shitless and were shaking. Suddenly we turned a corner and looked and it was just a normal staircase, no biggy, with no demons bye it. So i started to move the guy up it when suddenly the stairs rip open and a demon, screaming, attacks! WE SCREAMES SOOO LOUD LIKE LITTLE GIRLS. His dad came up thinking it was my freinds sister and found us huddled in a corner. THE END