Share Your Gaming stories!

spudlyff8fan

Super Senior Staff
Registered
Jun 23, 2005
somewhere
Got any moments of sheer incredible-itude in gaming that you wanna tell us about? Post em here! I'll start...

First one is in Final Fantasy VIII...

You probably all know about the Omega Weapon. The big, strong, insanely powerful monster who absorbs any elemental attack and has maxed out attack and defense? Well! I beat him way back when! And not the cheap way either. It was my first time through, and I had neither the Lionheart (so I couldn't do Squall's ultimate Limit Break) nor a par Selphie (so I couldn't use the super duper cheapass "THE END" attack). Anyway, I had run out of temporary invincibility items like Holy Wars and Heroes, so my guys were all wide open for taking the 9999 damage attacks. I'd been sitting there fighting him for about a half freakin hour, and I knew he was low on health. So there was no freakin way I was gonna give up. So, I kept fighting and eventually, all my guys got killed...so I got really pissed, and dropped the controller...but...then....PHOENIX APPEARED!!! All my guys got resurrected with 1 HP left, so I had each of them spit out a limit break, and when it got to Squall, I did a perfect Renzokuken, and got off a Blasting Zone, killing him. Best RPG story evar!!!!!

Next one is something cool that happened in Halo 2 yesterday. I was running around in that level with the beach on one end, the base on the other, and that big propellor in the center. So I was running through the winding area that connects the beach to the base, and a full Warthog comes driving through. So I throw a grenade, run behind a rock and immediately throw another grenade. The first grenade explodes, sending the warthog into a full-blown back-forward spin and they had to have flipped 8 times before they landed upsidedown right on top of my second grenade, which exploded, shot the warthog up in the air, and killed the three guys in it. It was a flook, but it was damn cool.

I once beat a friend of mine at a fighting game merely my mashing buttons with my toes and reading a book. I didn't realize I'd beaten her until she groaned and said I had.

But to be fair, she really really sucked. (And yes I cleaned the controller afterwards, though my feet WERE clean).

You have to suck at a fighting game to lose to a button masher. You REALLY have to suck to somebody using their toes.

Yep, she does. She sucks at video games in general, she couldn't beat the first colossus in Shadows of the Colossus.

Oh another gaming story then:

I used to baby-sit this little boy, and he loved video games. So sometimes I would let him play mine (even though they were all puzzle-type games and just hard for him to do). This was years ago, over Christmas his parents always have a Christmas party and we came over.

The little-boy (8 now), was bored, and he had an X-Box upstairs so I asked him if he wanted to play, all excited he said YEAH. So we went upstairs and he put in Halo. He was actually good at it (and I sucked, but it was my first time, but then I also suck at FPS). But the great thing about it is that he was really patient, and he helped me out. This is a little boy that normally gets frustrated and storms off in anger if things don't go his way.

So even though I was pwned by a boy who was 14 years younger than me, I didn't mind. I was just so proud to see him so patient and taking my foibles in stride. When I was at his age I was completely impatient, and if someone was messing up at Super Mario Bros, dying constantly, I would inevitably take the control from them and show them how to do it (and then give it back). So I may not have totally rocked at the game, but as someone who babysat him since he was a only 3, it was really refreshing to see.

one night i stayed up tell three in the morning to see if i could play with some crazy asian players from across the globe on halo2 xbox live, and i was playing a team slayer game, and i was swearing, a lot. and a kids mom comes on and starts yelling at me for swearing! uh HELLO! your letting your eight year old child play halo at three in the morning!
but i was able to play with a some korean kids, and the kicked my ass...

Mine is kinda silly. Back in the NES days my brother and I rented a WWF game. I have always been better than him in most games (especially fighting ones) so he knew he was going to loose. Anyway, we started the game and right away he was kicking my butt all over the place. He was doing special moves and everything. I lost badly and he was so happy. We started another match and he started beating me again. For some reason he put his controller down mid-fight and his character kept fighting. Turned out he didn't press start and I was fighting the CPU instead of him the whole time. He's a cheater.

This one time at Band Camp.....
NO, seriously, i would have to say one of the most enjoyable and frustrating times in gaming for me was when i had No Mercy for the N64...It was one of the first in-depth create-a-wrestler games of that time.....So naturally, me, Jonas, and our buds made up our superstars....After hours of playing and watching me cheat to keep my championship....Jonas and one of our other friends decided we needed to play for the tag team titles...So four of us plugged up our controllers and the Saga began.....Naturally Jonas and his tag partner had beefed up their characters so much with annihilating moves, they were very difficult to beat.....Unless you took the turnbuckle off and exposed the metal......Anyhoo, at that 23-24 year age range, we were partying up and living the life...But, we found plenty of time to jump into that game and play mind-numbing hours of tag team matches.....As it stands, Jonas and our bud are still the tag champs.....Me and my tag partner didn't fair too well......4 time champs, 4 title defenses, numerous losses......The N64 and No Mercy are gone from my hands now.....:hissyfit:.....I traded those in so Jonas could get a Xbox, like me....That, my friends is called ultimate sacrifice.....One of these days soon, i'll convince my wife we need a N64 back in the house...'cause there is some unfinished business that needs to be taken care of.....Unless, the 360 game developers can master what still is the "Greatest Wrestling Game" Ever!!.....That is all for now.

Ahhh, wrestling games, I remember when the first Smackdown came out on the ps2 you could actually have two players playing in the same career, something that should be done more often in wrestling games nowadays, anyway, my brother finishes his match, and runs to the bathroom, now if you didn't know, every now and then you would get a random cutscene after a match such as someone coming from behind and beating you up or whatnot, anyway, my brother wins and runs to the bathroom, I press the X button to go to the next match when all of a sudden a cutscene occurs, I yell at my brother, Hey, they are giving you a blood bath!!! he runs out right as it ends, ever since then he tried to get that cutscene to pop out agian, and it never did.

It was fun beating an entire boss battle by mashing the X button in Kingdom Hearts 2. I can't wait to write my review for this game... hehehe

I taught high school photography for a couple of years (yes, I had input into young minds. one day they'll help me take over the western hemisphere). Some of the kids wanted to start a video game club, but they needed a teacher to sponsor them. I said I would do it, and they brought in a playstation. Bloody Roar 2 was their specialty. One day I finished grading papers and putting away the photo chemicals and chilled with them. The ring leader offered me a controller and all the others started snickering. They were cocky and looked forward to show their superiority over an "adult" (I still don't think I count as one.) I looked at the controller like I hadn't seen it before, and said it had been years since I played a game like that. When the match started, I used Long (the Tiger) to absolutely destroy him. I pulled off combos and special attacks and in round two, he never even got a hit in.

When I stood up and handed him back the controller, they all sat there with their jaws on the floor. I handed him back the controller and walked away. I was the coolest teacher in the world. Even when they graduated, I was still king of the ring.

Button mashing boss battles...Hahahahahahaha thats awesome.....

Ummm...only thing that comes to my mind is playing Fable...that game pissed me off....
Beat the last boss....with your shitty bow.....good times...

34 kills in a team slayer game with a room full of 28's
Killtacular 1 clip of sniper rounds
Triple kill single gernade stick
Idk any more off the top of my head.

i beat resident evil 4 in 1 day. i played it from 3pm and didnt stop untell around 12-1 pm

Mario Kart for the Cube. Wed. night right after Angel and WAWA. just hours and hours put into baby park nine laps four friends. one tiem we me and the 4 of us played up to 60 rounds. And me and my Friend were tied for most imes in first. But the one guy who was just awful came in last place the saem amount of times i made it in first which was like 34 times.............................memories.

My best video game memory comes from college. I lived in an apartment with five other people but at any given time there were at least seven just hanging out at my place. One of my room mates had an X-box, so I was playing through Halo the first time. It was my first attempt at the last level (the Warthog race against time). As I played more and more people walked in and started watching me. I made it to the ship at the end with 1 second left on the counter. The screen went white and no one knew if I had lost or won. When the final cut scene started there was cheering!