Scary Games

Skuttie

Registered
Nov 15, 2014
Do you play scary games?

What's some of your favorite?

Do you prefer psychological horror or jump scares?

I love playing scary games, because I love anything that is scary including books, cartoons/anime, movies and of course games. Some of my favorite scary games are Amnesia the Dark Descent, Doom 3, STALKER, FEAR, Dead Space etc. I don't preffe psychological horror or jump scares, if a game is scary enough then it is good enough for me.

I hate playing scary games. Especially anything with zombies. It is not that I am scared of them I just find zombies annoying and pointless. I like open world happy games where you feel like you are driving along the coast of California with the beautiful landscape!

I love them. The most recent game I played was PT, the teaser that was released by Konami for PS4 exclusively. I absolutely loved it. It game me chills!

The Condemned 2: Blood Shot, Silent Hill (all of them), Land of the Dead, and Suffering the Ties That Bind. I haven't played Amnesia dark descent but it ranks especially up there.

I like having a little bit of mind twist in the games I play and not only the gory type. With that being said, I do miss playing PHANTASMAGORIA. I am not sure if there was ever a game that was really scary at the same time mind boggling LOL I wish they expanded this game back in the day

I've played Amnesia: The Dark Descent and Machine for Pigs, Five Nights at Freddy's(I'm surprised no one has mentioned this one yet), and Slenderman: The Arrival. I could never get very far in these games because it doesn't take much to scare me. Despite freaking the hell out of me, I liked Five Nights at Freddy's the most for being simple yet complicated at the same time. I hate both jump scares and psychological horror...I literally only play horror games because I get pressured into playing them ;__;

Amnesia The Dark Descent has so far been the only game that's made me stop playing for extended periods of time.

I did FNAF in one sitting, it's okay btu the gimmick gets old quick.

Freaking Silent Hill scared the crap out of me and my friend when we first played it! Also, Resident Evil was quite terrifying when I use to play it by myself at night - I used to think zombies would bust into my door like a Simpsons Halloween special and I would have to kick zombie butt or die!

One classic game that was hectic to play was "Zombies Ate My Neighbors," that game was a load of fun!

Reactions: jsscjcbs
I'm too much of a wuss to try out most horror games, particularly Amnesia: The Dark Descent. However, the game mechanics of Bioshock intrigued me and I was excited to try it out. The fact that you can actually shoot the monsters that scare you makes it quite relieving, and seeing the populace slowly spiraling to insanity makes it quite chilling. However, I do prefer psychological horrors, as I feel like it takes good writing to get it done properly, and the story is an integral part of any PC game.

I have to say both, even though I lean more so toward psychological. When games find out your pattern of thing, you have to play a game of chess. Maybe even one to make you do the unexpected to throw the game off your mindset. I don't like the idea that it's a game of cat and mouse at that point, but it's evil genius level at the same time.

My favorite horror/psychological games that I love to play are Slender man:The Arrival, all of the exmortis games, eyes, and Slendy-tubbies 2. There are many more but these are my favorite horror games so far. Slendy-tubbies 2 is a single player/multiplayer game where you and others online have to find a certain amount of custards, (whatever number of custards the host sets for everyone to find) before you get eaten by a bot that follows everyone throughout the game. The reference of the game is the teletubby kid show and it shows a scary and unique side to it. I recommend the horror game fans if you haven't played any of these games already, to do so. I highly recommend Slendy-tubbies 2, because it's really fun and you meet/speak to many people online.

I hate playing scary games I think that the scariest one that I have ever played has to be Resident Evil. I saw this game the other day advertising and I think it was called the Evil Within or something like that now from the looks of that game I will tell you that I do not think that it is something that I will be playing right now.

Teabowi, have you played resident evil 5? That was the best one. I'm definitely going to check out the new resident evil you mentioned. Slenderman looks OK but its kind of a wreck that you can't hit him or defend yourself.

I found Silent Hill 1/2 both to be genuinely creepy and frightening. Maybe it was the particular time in my life, but no games since have really captured that feeling again until Amnesia. Eternal Darkness came close too.

Five Nights at Freddys is pretty damn terrifying. The sequel is alright, but I found the first installment to be more fun and challenging.

I've always enjoyed horror games but never found one that really truly scared me. Until amnesia came along.

Amnesia: The dark descent is AMAZING. The second game was definitely good but not really up to par with the previous one.
That game had me shitting my pants and laughing at the same time. All the time.

I like having a little bit of mind twist in the games I play and not only the gory type. With that being said, I do miss playing PHANTASMAGORIA. I am not sure if there was ever a game that was really scary at the same time mind boggling LOL I wish they expanded this game back in the day
I remember Phantasmagoria... it was kinda like a horror version of Myst. I never got very far into it, but I remember some of the stuff was just creepy. I don´t like ´things jump at you´ scary, and I don´t think zombies or stuff like texas chain saw massacre is scary... but Phantasmagoria had more of that Amityville Horror to it..

I wonder if it is possible to find it again... that was like 20 years ago.

My two favorite horror/scary games of all time are FEAR 2 and Condemned 2. Playing FEAR 2 late at night with the lights out was always a tremendous amount of fu mixed with a strong amount of creepiness.Alma is one of my favorite gaming villains.

I would like to play more scary games but the thing that gets me is I look up plot. Whenever I look up plot for a game, a bad habit I have for every form of media before I partake in it, I completely ruin the scare factor. The Fear series was a solid shooter. I highly recommend it.