Scary Games

I don't really play them, but I like watching psychologically scary games. Not games that have scares in them necessarily, but the ideas behind why the game's events or happening or why characters within the game behave or are a certain way. It's entertaining to see or deal with those kinds of situations in a game; since most games like that or just some strange form of escapism, it's nice to see games that deal with psychological issues.

I do yes, my favourite is probably Amnesia: The Dark Descent, mostly because it has a level editor. I loved how helpless you are, you can't fight back, all you can do is running. Playing community made maps are also a blast. No other game could scare me as much as Amnesia did. I wish I could play it again for the first time.

There was one game though, Gone Home. A friend recommended it to me and I played it shortly after, knowing nothing of the game, I thought I'd be chased down by an axe murderer the whole time.

i am so not impressed by todays "scary" games. its nothing but jumps and stupid screaming.

the only newcomer i can respect is alien isolation, that at least figured out how to build tension.

other than that, i can only remember silent hill 2 scaring the crap out of me at like... 2am when i was a kid.

The first game that made me jump in my seat was the first Resident Evil, HAHA I will never forget the dang beast that fell right in front of my face as I was silently walking down the hall. OMG to funny, I jumped threw the controller and even got killed and had to restart from my savepoint. I then made a separate save point so i could tell my friends I was having a hard time with an area and made the play so i could watch them jump too HAHA. Scary games are fun.

I don't play scary games, I'm weak at those things. Between Psychological horror and Jump scares, I prefer the first one. Horror games that I like were: Silent Hill, Fatal Frame and Clock tower. These games are scary as hell.

I can't handle scary games. Particularly jumpscares. ._.

I try to watch streams of these games sometimes. I spend a lot of time looking away. Five Nights at Freddy's is nightmare material.

Amnesia is great fun. I had the opportunity to play it during a 24 hour livestream session I was hosting for charity a few years ago and a part of it was spent playing Amnesia. I waited until midnight to start, so the atmosphere was right - it was hilarious playing along with the viewers in Twitch as they watched the mayhem unfold and my play becoming more and more jumpy and cautious as the night went on.